Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambert is beginning to seem to be the most ballsey and attractive option IMO. I can't see it happening though - Randy - but I'd be really interested to see what he could do with AVFC.

Not that whatever a journalist says is gospel of course, and I doubt he knows the real ins and outs and what the board are thinking but Matt Kendrick tweeted this earlier:

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Not sure #avfc would see Paul Lambert as a replacement if GH leaves. PL experience was a pre-requisite last time and could well be again.

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Also re Lambert, he might just be too close to MON who is currently waging a compensation war against #avfc so is even less popular at VP

Lambert is beginning to seem to be the most ballsey and attractive option IMO. I can't see it happening though - Randy - but I'd be really interested to see what he could do with AVFC.

Not that whatever a journalist says is gospel of course, and I doubt he knows the real ins and outs and what the board are thinking but Matt Kendrick tweeted this earlier:

MatKendrick Mat Kendrick

Not sure #avfc would see Paul Lambert as a replacement if GH leaves. PL experience was a pre-requisite last time and could well be again.

Yep, thats why I don't think we'll get him, or indeed anyone of his ilk. (I ignored the 'likeness to MON' bit cuz I don't think its necessarily true or of relevance!)

Yup me too, besides, I know money talks but Lambert really does come across as the loyal type for some reason to me. I think he'll want to stay at Norwich and try and establish them as a Premier League team. He's a young guy in managerial terms, if he fails I'm sure it won't be the last Premier League job he will ever be linked to.

Yep, thats why I don't think we'll get him, or indeed anyone of his ilk. (I ignored the 'likeness to MON' bit cuz I don't think its necessarily true or of relevance!)

He said 'too close' to O'Neill, which I take to mean they are friends.

He said 'too close' to O'Neill, which I take to mean they are friends.

Oh, shit. In that case its hugely relevant

I dont really subscribe to this 'Premier League experience' thing. Its just putting themselves under constraint. None of the current top 4 managers had prem experience before joining their present clubs.

Also was the PL experience thing no due to the fact that the season was already underway. I think it would be more of a best candidate search now that they should have the whole of the Pre-season to make decisions.

Westwood on a free? we should be getting ON that tbf. There are alot of free's about, although some are already on their way elsewhere, it'd be fairly easy to get a decent squad out of the free's this season

-----------Ochoa/Westwood

L.Young----Mexes---Clark----Taiwo

----------------M.Diarra

-------------Altintop-Delph

Downing----------------------Marvaeux

-------------------Bent.

No money spent ;) Never gunna happen.

Half your backline has already gone to AC Milan.
although some are already on their way elsewhere
Just sayin', you're only teasing yourself. :D

Sickeningly, I think the smart money's on Marveaux fecking off to Liverpool as well. The git.

Benitez, despite the way he pissed us about with Barry, was complimentary about Villa on a few occasions - saying how the club was run was how he was trying to convince Liverpool to do.

As a person I don't particularly like him. As a manager - he's fantastically qualified.

"I was watching the fans and I was really sad after the defeat the other day. We have a saying in Spanish, which is: 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"

Benítez, who led Liverpool to second place in the Premier League in 2009 but could manage only seventh last term, added: "What does this mean? It means that after 86 points and finishing second in the league, what changed? The Americans, they chose a new managing director and everything changed.

"So, if you want to ask again what was going on, it's simple: they changed something and, at the end, they changed everything. So, white liquid in a bottle: milk. You will know who is to blame."

Pressed further on the matter, Benítez would only say: "White liquid in a bottle. If I see John the milkman in the Wirral, where I was living, with this bottle, I'd say, 'It's milk, sure.'