Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

You're not saying it's impossible though. It's totally different because unrealistic means there's a likely chance no matter how small it is. That's why I used the word as I've already explained. Please stop expecting people to follow your every word.
Actually, unrealistic means there's an unlikely chance. I'm not expecting people to follow my every word, just basic English.

So the basic English would be something like "How is it unlikely we'll get Villas Boas?" Yeah, that would have made sense. :lol:

Likely

Definition: Worthy of belief; probable; credible; as, a likely story.

Hence why I used the word.

Unrealistic is almost the opposite of likely. Likely implies a good a chance of something happening where as unrealistic implies an unlikely chance of something happening.

What I meant by likely is that it was probable which means having probability. I have no idea why you're taking my word so literally when it has more than one definition. If I had said unlikely or unrealistic, the context wouldn't have made much sense.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're not saying it's impossible though. It's totally different because unrealistic means there's a likely chance no matter how small it is. That's why I used the word as I've already explained. Please stop expecting people to follow your every word.
Actually, unrealistic means there's an unlikely chance. I'm not expecting people to follow my every word, just basic English.

So the basic English would be something like "How is it unlikely we'll get Villas Boas?" Yeah, that would have made sense. :lol:

Likely

Unrealistic is almost the opposite of likely. Likely implies a good a chance of something happening where as unrealistic implies an unlikely chance of something happening.

What I meant by likely is that it was probable which means having probability. I have no idea why you're taking my word so literally when the it has more than one definition. If I had said unlikely or unrealistic, the context wouldn't have made much sense.

It's just a really odd use of the word that's all. When most people say something is likely, they mean it's quite likely to happen, hence why I took what you said so "literally".

ancelloti? mourinho?

what the f... are you lot smoking? ancelloti wants to win more champions leagues, as does mourinho, avfc may not be the ideal club to do that with right now...

I honestly don't think Mourinho is that far fetched. It's fact that he wants to return to England and the Man Utd job isn't free any time soon...neither is arsenal. Chelsea he won't go back to so the only really feasible clubs left are spurs and man city. If he was offered the Villa job with a sizeable wage (sticking issue) then I'm sure he'd consider it at least. Trouble is I cant see the board having the ambition to even think about approaching him let alone offering enough in terms of wages and transfer kitty.

Sorry to pull you up mate, you're not the only guilty poster by any means, but I'm afraid to say that this post is typical of the sort of person who questions the ambition of the board whilst having a perception of reality that is based entirely on wishful thinking and is of no relevance to Aston Villa.

If you think Mourinho would be interested in leaving Madrid to join the Villla, you're always going to be disappointed in the 'ambition' of the board, and probably the achievements of the club.

Cloud cuckoo land.

I'm not demanding we get him though and I'm not claiming that the board are failing if we dont...but i am asking why not try??

What is the harm of asking him if he's interested, the worst that can happen is he says no.

If you think it's so unrealistic then let me ask you this...IF Aston Villa were to make him an offer or sound him out do you honestly believe he would dismiss it straight away / not consider it all..? Because I for one think he'd give it genuine consideration... This is a man who is expected to leave Madrid in the summer and this is a man who is known to want to return to England and who wants a club as a 'project'.

I'm not unrealistic enough to say the board are failing if we appoint someone of less calibre than him, but FFS why not give it a go!

I'll leave you with some quotes from Martin O'Neill's arrival at Villa Park...quotes that were the long term ambition for him and still are for me, despite everyone who demands that I be 'realistic':

"I am well aware of the history of this football club. Trying to restore it to its days of former glory seems a long way away – but why not try? It is nearly 25 years since they won the European Cup but that is the dream."

My mate had a box for the game on sat and after the game in the bar where the players meet and greet there was a rumour that mcleish is being lined up to take over from moyes at everton with moyes coming to us. Dont know how true but would be very nice!!

Likely

What I meant by likely is that it was probable which means having probability. I have no idea why you're taking my word so literally when the it has more than one definition. If I had said unlikely or unrealistic, the context wouldn't have made much sense.

It's just a really odd use of the word that's all. When most people say something is likely, they mean it's quite likely to happen, hence why I took what you said so "literally".

It's 'likely' that you two are boring everyone with this bickering.

So we are looking at

Allardyce

Curbishley

Lambert

Moyes

Benitez

Boas Villas

Mourinho

I'd get rid of the portugueezers straight away as there is no chance with either of them. Lambert will not be leaving a promoted team any time soon.

Has Mark Hughes signed a contract extension at Fulham yet? If not, I seriously believe he will be taking charge of the club in June.

No he hasn't and I forgot to put him in. I think MM said he could be the one Randy looks at.

If you think it's so unrealistic then let me ask you this...IF Aston Villa were to make him an offer or sound him out do you honestly believe he would dismiss it straight away / not consider it all..?

yes i honestly believe that.

been a villan all my life but suggesting we should go after mourinho is getting a bit carried away....

If you think it's so unrealistic then let me ask you this...IF Aston Villa were to make him an offer or sound him out do you honestly believe he would dismiss it straight away / not consider it all..?

yes i honestly believe that.

been a villan all my life but suggesting we should go after mourinho is getting a bit carried away....

If we were 100 miles south we may have the slightest of slight chances, as we are now- not even worth the phone call.

Atletico Madrid manager Quique Sanchez Flores could be on his way to the Premier League, according to reports in Spain.

The 46-year-old is understood to be considering a change of agent in a bid to secure a move to English football after a highly successful spell managing in Spain and Portugal.

And, according to Spanish newspaper AS, Flores could be among the candidates for the Aston Villa job should Gerard Houllier decide to step down following his latest health scare.

Flores is one of Spain's most highly-rated managers after leading Atletico to their first European honour in almost 40 years when they lifted the UEFA Cup last season.

http://tinyurl.com/6hclnbx

Atletico Madrid manager Quique Sanchez Flores could be on his way to the Premier League, according to reports in Spain.

The 46-year-old is understood to be considering a change of agent in a bid to secure a move to English football after a highly successful spell managing in Spain and Portugal.

And, according to Spanish newspaper AS, Flores could be among the candidates for the Aston Villa job should Gerard Houllier decide to step down following his latest health scare.

Flores is one of Spain's most highly-rated managers after leading Atletico to their first European honour in almost 40 years when they lifted the UEFA Cup last season.

http://tinyurl.com/6hclnbx

Corking, saves me a job of cocking up a link. Really not sure about this as I know less than zero about him.