Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

4.He is out of work - and this fits with Randy's no poaching policy.
That is not true, complete myth.

Evidence ?

The general said after MON left - that they wanted someone loyal - as such anyone who had to be 'prized' from another club wasn't the type of guy they were after.

All In the generals thread last August\september

As a poster said above, Martin Jol admitted "strong" interest from us about the manager's position, so that contradicts your information. The time of the season also had an impact on attracting a new manager from another club.

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[The fact is, no-one knows, you included, so don't talk like you know how Randy goes about his business. The fact is, he is a multi-millionaire, and we are not.

What the **** does that have to do with anything? You do realise Randy inherited his millions don't you?

I'm well aware that he inherited money and his businesses off his dad yes but he has been dead a while now and Randy is still in charge and his businesses do well. You could even argue that since his dad was so successful that Randy had the perfect mentor to learn off and had the best education available to him. He is still a success, he hasn't run his dad's life work into the ground.

The **** it has to do with anything, is that people talk on here like they know how he goes about his business and that they think they could do better when they don't have the first clue what it is to be a highly successful businessman or running the club. Just because he inherited his money doesn't mean that he isn't good at what he does and I certainly trust him with my club than a few moany fans on an internet message board.

[The fact is, no-one knows, you included, so don't talk like you know how Randy goes about his business. The fact is, he is a multi-millionaire, and we are not.

What the **** does that have to do with anything? You do realise Randy inherited his millions don't you?

I'm well aware that he inherited money and his businesses off his dad yes but he has been dead a while now and Randy is still in charge and his businesses do well. You could even argue that since his dad was so successful that Randy had the perfect mentor to learn off and had the best education available to him. He is still a success, he hasn't run his dad's life work into the ground.

The **** it has to do with anything, is that people talk on here like they know how he goes about his business and that they think they could do better when they don't have the first clue what it is to be a highly successful businessman or running the club. Just because he inherited his money doesn't mean that he isn't good at what he does and I certainly trust him with my club than a few moany fans on an internet message board.

If his good at what he does how come it's looking likely we'll be finishing at our joint worst number of points? This was his first appointment and instead of putting things right (sacking when he should have numerous of times), he refused to causing us to end up in a disgraceful position. He deserves absoutely no respect in that regard when Liverpool did the right thing and are finishing on a high. They're gonna embarass us in the final game at Villa Park and I hope Randy feels the heartache that all the fans have suffered this season. The whole club has suffered due to his stubborness and the soft approach towards GH.

I also hear bad things about him at the Browns as well. Again, how is he good at what he does?

He also allowed MON to spend like crazy with huge wages causing us to announce a major loss this year. How is that good business?

Stubborn, trustworthy and inexperienced. Three major weaknesses of our chairman. Expect more to turn on him if he gets another appointment wrong and if you dare to be patronising again then it's clear you're more of a tourist than a fan who prefers the sights of Villa Park than the results.

and if you dare to be patronising again then it's clear you're more of a tourist than a fan who prefers the sights of Villa Park than the results.

What nonsense.

Right, we should all forget Randy's football decisions and be thankful his made our catering better.

and if you dare to be patronising again then it's clear you're more of a tourist than a fan who prefers the sights of Villa Park than the results.

What nonsense.

Right, we should all forget Randy's football decisions and be thankful his made our catering better.

Again.. what nonsense.

"Dare to be patronising again?" "more of a tourist than a fan?"

The amount of people on here trying to claim they know how to run a club or be a successful businessman is laughable.

What nonsense.

We get it! We get it! You keep bashing Randy over and over.

What nonsense.

He's made lots of things better and invested millions into our club and has let the football men make the footballing decisions which is normally the best way for a chairman to be, unfortunately MON took the piss a little (don't get me wrong I think he was a good manager for us and he got us results).

And I'm not being patronising, I don't know how anything in my statement could have been interpreted that way, sorry if it was but there you go again throwing around your opinion as if it was fact when you don't know a single thing about the details, other posters have brought it up so it isn't just me. You have no idea how long I've supported Villa (since birth considering my entire family are Villa fans and my grandad is a shareholder thanks), and me being "patronising" has nothing to do with how good of a fan I am, I just appreciate when people do good things.

Am I happy with results this year? How could any fan be? But I look at the bigger picture and see that since Randy has come here he has invested millions in the team and the facilities and he has stayed out of the spotlight and doesn't take the credit he deserves. We could do a lot worse and some fans seem to be blinded by this season and how bad it's been so you don't remember the three top sixth finishes we've had in the last few years. I suppose that had nothing to do with Randy though did it? I mean it wasn't like it was his money they were spending...

Grow up and don't talk about others being patronising. Pot, kettle, black.

Your defence of the owner is noble and your frustration at criticism to wards his Nous is clear, but don't under estimate the knowledge of long standing fans as to know what a good footballing model is.

Liverpool & Spurs are recent examples of a turning round operation and less prosperous clubs have displayed their ability to go toe to toe with us.

we are in danger of embracing mediocrity and we need to snap out of this comotose state.... That takes leadership, of which we are looking for.

Agreed TRO, I'm in no way saying Randy has been perfect for us or that he hasn't made some mistakes, that is obvious but everyone is entitled to make them, he is only human at the end of the day. Of course I want better for my club but some posters on here are just outright unappreciative and I severely doubt many of them could run a football club let alone a football club, american football franchise and multiple businesses all at the same time.

Don't get me wrong, I know part of being a fan is thinking you know better, I'm no saint myself. When I watch us play and we make what I deem the wrong substitution or change to the wrong formation or anything else, I will have a moan like anybody but it isn't like I seriously think I could run a Premier League team.

Mostly I just get frustrated by people bad mouthing a man who has done so much for us. Yes he hasn't been perfect but I'd take him over the majority of owners in the Premier League.

This - ultimately, none of us know sweet **** all about what is going on at Villa, what any of the board get up to or what any of the plans are for the future. We don't know what is going to happen in terms of a manager and yet we have collectively come up with almost 215 pages of bollox. None of this, I doubt will happen.

The model Lerner has set up is good, we had it so right until a few months ago, but it isn't completely decimated. To quote GMac - we need a few tickles here and there, including getting rid of himself. It's crazy to suggest that what Lerner has put together over the 5 years has been ruined. This is just a mere set back. I have every faith order shall be restored next season.

What nonsense.

He's made lots of things better and invested millions into our club and has let the football men make the footballing decisions which is normally the best way for a chairman to be, unfortunately MON took the piss a little (don't get me wrong I think he was a good manager for us and he got us results).

And I'm not being patronising, I don't know how anything in my statement could have been interpreted that way, sorry if it was but there you go again throwing around your opinion as if it was fact when you don't know a single thing about the details, other posters have brought it up so it isn't just me. You have no idea how long I've supported Villa (since birth considering my entire family are Villa fans and my grandad is a shareholder thanks), and me being "patronising" has nothing to do with how good of a fan I am, I just appreciate when people do good things.

Am I happy with results this year? How could any fan be? But I look at the bigger picture and see that since Randy has come here he has invested millions in the team and the facilities and he has stayed out of the spotlight and doesn't take the credit he deserves. We could do a lot worse and some fans seem to be blinded by this season and how bad it's been so you don't remember the three top sixth finishes we've had in the last few years. I suppose that had nothing to do with Randy though did it? I mean it wasn't like it was his money they were spending...

Grow up and don't talk about others being patronising. Pot, kettle, black.

Erm...how is it not being patronising by telling people on how to behave and throwing insults?

Some of us have a problem with Randy due to his mishandled situation with MON, appointing someone who's been poor this season etc. We don't need someone telling us to give him more respect when overall as fans, we wanna see good results, facilities are secondary stuff.

I'm thankful what his done overall and I've never denied he hasn't done great things, but he shouldn't be immune from criticism at all.

We won't see trophies for a while. The board currently have no ambition.

dont be ridiculous.

They thought it was perfectly fine that GH fielded a weak team in the Eastlands when the next round was Reading at home. They showed no signs of anger when it happened and I don't even think the club apologised despite the fact the FA cup is important to us, especially considering our neighbours won the Carling Cup just days before it. No excuses to do it when we only had two PL games in the months that were two weeks apart and we lost both games anyway. It made no logical sense whatsoever. It was bloody embrassing that we looked so weak and didn't even care infront of all the ITV spectators. The fact the manager said he would do it again and the club would still continue to back him if he didn't fall ill speaks volumes.

It's bloody obvious that all the club is concerned about is staying in the top league while trimming the wage bill and spending less on transfers. They've shown no signs whatsoever of wanting another trophy in the cabinet this season and I doubt they will for a fair while.

Please tell me what you're on dude, coz I want to make sure I stay well away from it...

The Board lack ambition? £24m spent on Darren Bent (doubling our previous record), £30m spent in the January transfer window, is that lack of ambition? Does money grow on trees in your world or something?

Oh and get over the loss to Cithe in the cup, we'd never have beaten Utd in the semi's anyway, and I don't know about you but I'm sick of going to Wembley and losing, its a crap day out.

We could've played Bolton or Stoke...

Look how it panned out dude, city played united, stoke played bolton

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and it is only speculation, but what about Quique Sanchez Flores of Ath Madrid. He has been linked with us, and yes i know it is TalkSport and no doubt utter drivel; but if that was to be brushed aside for a moment....What would your thoughts be if it was true? Could he inject a fresh approach and a new era at Villa Park? It would be an interesting move if the report did have some substance to it.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7310/4/atletico-madrid-manager-flores-aston-villas-shortlist

If his good at what he does how come it's looking likely we'll be finishing at our joint worst number of points? This was his first appointment and instead of putting things right (sacking when he should have numerous of times), he refused to causing us to end up in a disgraceful position. He deserves absoutely no respect in that regard when Liverpool did the right thing and are finishing on a high. They're gonna embarass us in the final game at Villa Park and I hope Randy feels the heartache that all the fans have suffered this season. The whole club has suffered due to his stubborness and the soft approach towards GH.

I also hear bad things about him at the Browns as well. Again, how is he good at what he does?

He also allowed MON to spend like crazy with huge wages causing us to announce a major loss this year. How is that good business?

Stubborn, trustworthy and inexperienced. Three major weaknesses of our chairman. Expect more to turn on him if he gets another appointment wrong and if you dare to be patronising again then it's clear you're more of a tourist than a fan who prefers the sights of Villa Park than the results.

OnlyOne == Doug Ellis.??

I don't know if this has already been mentioned and it is only speculation, but what about Quique Sanchez Flores of Ath Madrid. He has been linked with us, and yes i know it is TalkSport and no doubt utter drivel; but if that was to be brushed aside for a moment....What would your thoughts be if it was true? Could he inject a fresh approach and a new era at Villa Park? It would be an interesting move if the report did have some substance to it.

http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-news/football/premier-league/7310/4/atletico-madrid-manager-flores-aston-villas-shortlist

Idk about this Flores fellow he did win the Europa league with Atletico but aside from that I think they have underachieved with him abit. I mean looking at La Liga table, outside of the top 8, the most anybody is clear of relegation is 4 points, and Atletico sits in just 7th with what I think is a pretty talented squad. If I was going for a Spanish/Portuguese manager, it would have to be the Porto boss for sure.

Idk about this Flores fellow he did win the Europa league with Atletico but aside from that I think they have underachieved with him abit. I mean looking at La Liga table, outside of the top 8, the most anybody is clear of relegation is 4 points, and Atletico sits in just 7th with what I think is a pretty talented squad. If I was going for a Spanish/Portuguese manager, it would have to be the Porto boss for sure.

Fair comment. I just thought I'd find out what fellow Villa fans would think if the story did turn out to be true. I do think that we need a real fresh approach once this pitiful season draws to a close. Not a season I want to remember, and I am hoping that there are some exciting times to look forward to; starting with pre-season and some re-shaping and over-hauling of our squad in the process.

But, for me, we have to keep Downing. That's a given. I think he will be an intrumental part of our re-building and future success from next season onwards. I am kind of resigned to losing Ashley now; but, it would be nice if somehow he was persuaded to stay...But, again; live in hope ONLY!!

Moyes all the way, fits well with the loyality criteria, 10 years at the same club.

I totally agree - IF we need a new manager it has to be Moyes - give the guy some cash he will bring in some class players

The way this is going on at Villa I really can't see GH coming back in a management role. If Villa know he is fit enough to come back they would of told the fans and players by now. Setting a mid-June target was the right thing to do but for me I would of said the end of the season

Yeah, I do understand what a major problem GH has had cause my gaffer had a similar thing - But my dad knew after a couple of weeks he had to retire from the fire service. As much as GH was doing a cracking job at Villa it also shows how rubbish GM is and how little the players think of him.

It wouldn't surprise me if PF & RL are already looking to try and get someone else in before the next window. Plus it wouldn't surprise me if they say or do something at the end of the Liverpool game either