Next Villa manager (Poll added)

Richard

Who do you want to manage Villa next season?  

383 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to manage Villa next season?

• G.Houllier (w/ G.Mac as #2)
    • G.Houllier (with a new #2)
    • D.Moyes
    • M.Jol
    • M.Hughes
    • P.Lambert
    • S.Allardyce
    • O.Coyle
    • R.Benitez
    • Someone else (specify)

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Moyes, but i'm not sure why people think he'd be some kind of saviour, he's been at Everton for nine years and is yet to win anything. He's done well with their resources but no better than Allardyce did at Bolton. If we were going to have a Scottish premier league manager in charge I think i'd rather we have McLeish!

I would not want Benitez. The reason he was so successful at Liverpool was because he had a spine of massively determined passionate players in Hyppia, Carragher, Kuyt & Gerrard plus others who fight for everything. We have had a terrible season because our squad is riddled with players who can not motivate themselves and another manager who plays hardball and causes a collision of ego's will not be good. That's why we were so effective under a motivator like MON and we should look for a similar kind of manager if GH decides to hang up his beret.

Unless we gut our squad of the likes of Warnock, Ireland, Beye, Salifou, Osbourne and any other player who can not motivate themselves to fight for our club we should not be looking at manager's with big ego's, otherwise this season will repeat itself again next year.

Moyes would be my preference as manager, followed by Hughes and Coyle. If we are to be the BIG club Randy wants us to be we should not be afraid to poach a manager from another team. Any other club in the top 10 would do exactly that.

I'd like Paul Lambert.

Having a soft spot for the Canaries, I follow them close; Lambert was appointed last season soon after beating Norwich 7-1 with his then team Colchester, then conquered the direct promotion and he's doing the same this season for what would be an incredible double jump.

Norwich play an entertaining, passing, attacking football, and PL he is in line with the great old tradition of Scottish managers.

Can we afford to take the risk on lambert at this time though

Dont think we can afford to have another poor season like this one id love us to get lambert in but we need an established proven premiership manager imo

Can we afford to take the risk on lambert at this time though

Dont think we can afford to have another poor season like this one id love us to get lambert in but we need an established proven premiership manager imo

I'm not saying Lambert is my choice but if there is a time to give someone up and coming to have a go isn't now the best time? I guess is the fact of anyone would be better than the tools in charge.

Randy Lerner has really done a good job with his first appointmenet and trusting him by hiring one of the worst number 2 in existence that could give him the possiblity of being the carektaker manager (which it bloody has!).

Let's hope he makes the decision right the second time by getting a good manager who's employed for a reason.

We need to do anything we can to get Moyes in. We need someone who is a man manager again after this season.

Someone who can breed confidence and make us solid again. We look so fragile at the moment. Our defence is a shambles - the one thing that MON managed to make decent.

I wouldn't mind Benitez, because as a manager he starts from a defensive outlook and build his team around that. We have enough attacking flair at Villa, but like today, I could never see us keeping a clean sheet and that is something I felt most of the season. Moyes and Coyles are two good shouts and abit more risky Lambert and Poyet as well could do a job.