Should Houllier Stay or Go? (New topic, new poll options)

bickster

Should Houllier Stay or Go?  

262 members have voted

1. 1. Should Houllier Stay or Go?

• Should Stay
    • Should Go Now
    • Should Go at the End of the Season.

Seems the people who hate Houllier know more about him than I do. Interesting... :lol:

Still, he manages Villa. End of. People on here act as if he prioritises Liverpool over Villa.

A lot like the situation with Torres. The fans that actually care that he isn't scoring seem to be the gloating Liverpool fans saying that Chelsea but a prospective talent with a recognisable name....Give over

Seems the people who hate Houllier know more about him than I do. Interesting... :lol:

Still, he manages Villa. End of. People on here act as if he prioritises Liverpool over Villa.

A lot like the situation with Torres. The fans that actually care that he isn't scoring seem to be the gloating Liverpool fans saying that Chelsea but a prospective talent with a recognisable name....Give over

er what?

So now knowing more is bad? Not sure how that equates. For me I know more about him because of where I live.

He certainly prioritised Liverpool over Villa at Anfield this season, that was there for all to see.

Houllier has made some mistakes no doubt but it's not as if he is intentionally trying to sabotage the club . I can see what he is trying to do and with a full pre season , with a squad he can truly call his , I think we can progress . He Is only human at the end of the day and in no way deserves the vitriol he gets on here . As long as he starts learning from his mistakes and sorts the back 5 out ,then hopefully we can kick on and forget this abortion of a season . There are times when I want rid of the guy but the I remember how I mock clubs who go through gaffers like Charlie Sheen goes through coke and whores .

It's a cliche but we all know even Fergie was a slow starter . There are no quick fixes , unless you strike oil , so we will just have to be patient . It may be painful and we may lose top players to wealthier clubs but if we are canny there are stil ways to succeed . If we can't outspend them then we can certainly out-youth them . Just have to keep the kids together and wait . We will be a force in the coming years , I have no doubts .

I agree with this.

So now knowing more is bad? Not sure how that equates. For me I know more about him because of where I live.

He certainly prioritised Liverpool over Villa at Anfield this season, that was there for all to see.

Nope, I never said that.

He didn't.

Nope, I never said that.

He didn't.

I was there and he did. Another 1800 odd Villa fans who were there will confirm the same.

Nope, I never said that.

He didn't.

It's the logical conclusion of your statement, otherwise it makes no sense to say it. :mrgreen:

He did, my eyes didn't deceive me, he was too busy standing glassy eyed and standing to attention when the Kop sang at him to notice Villa were playing their worst game for many a year (I still rate the performance as worse than Citeh away). He waved at the Liverpool fans and did not acknowledge the Villa ones, Villa fans are all part and parcel of Aston Villa, he therefore prioritised Liverpool over Villa on that night

He definitely prioritised the fans of Liverpool there, Mantis is I believe referring to the team he put out, which was missing Ashley Young was it not, and Marc Albrighton just back from his appendix operation.

We were poor that night. If I remember rightly we had no attacking impetus due to our attack being under strength and our defence being poor. Again, a lot of that was Houllier's fault.

Yes we were missing Young but they were missing Carragher, Gerrard and Torres.

didnt we have a midfield of Clark, Hogg and Ireland

Well under GH's terms thats two full International players ;-)

Yes we were missing Young but they were missing Carragher, Gerrard and Torres.

We did have lot midfielders missing back then as well but yes the Liverpool game was another lowpoint under Houllier

Not a low point for Houllier it wasn't.

I can't recall any other Villa manager having the chant 'You're getting sacked in the morning' levelled at them. Perhaps someone could put me right here if I missed it over the last few years.

I'd hate to be a club which sacks a manager who hasnt had a pre-season/summer to make the squad his. That's something Newcastle would do and it's tragic really.

GH deserves another season IMO. If all the same problems are still here next year then get rid.

But if not, then, happy days surely?

Â