Alan Hutton

Rich_D

It's strange that everyone's commenting on Hutton Today. He didn't play badly. He made one big mistake, but other than that he didn't have a bad game.

His positioning was questionable at times, but it didn't create any Liverpool chances. He was decent attacking. He passed forward well and made a few decent runs into/ towards the box. Just because other players aren't getting into positions for him to pass to, doesn't mean that he's at fault.

Agreed, probably a scapegoat thing. Thought he was awful for his first couple of games but is improving. He's still not good enough but he generally dealt with Bellamy ok today.

Was more disappointed with him going forward which is where he's got his reputation from.

i thought he was terrible, doesnt overlap he just stands there doing nothing, constantly comes in field providing an easy outlet to the LW, pretty much every time the ball went out to bellamy he was in 10 yards of space, he cant pass, is reluctant to cross, basically he's **** useless

im starting to think him and warnock have some sort of whos the shittest fullback competition on the go

Some of you lot are off your heads....Alan Hutton is a **** useless defender and he definitely NOT improving, how he ever made it as a professional footballer is totally beyond me. He's not good enough to be a squad player for Aston Villa, let alone be our 1st choice right back or our right winger (Spurs) ...**** off back to Scotland to a joke league you're more suited to

villa4europe is spot on with his comments above, the only thing he missed is that fact that Hutton hardly tackles and when he does he gets no-where near the ball and takes out the opponent

Do the decent thing Alan and ask for a transfer

Hutton was poor today, he still keeps giving the ball away, and him combined with Dunne should have cost us another goal today when Suarez hit the bar, he gave the ball away poorly in first place. He is ok going forward (which is his main positive according to the manager), defensively he is terrible. A catalogue of mistakes, rash challenges and poor positioning.

Last season Spurs were a good right back away from getting in the top four in my opinion. Now they have Walker, they'll look a lot, lot better. Now we have their problem.

Which were all turd.

And?

I think your response says it all. And? Seriously?

I really have to explain how that renders your previous post as non-existant?

Well I didnt want to presume what you were inferring but given you cant be arsed to respond properly I'll have to. So I imagine that your comment infers that because everyone else was shit then it it probably is nothing to write home about on who completed attempted the most passes. Well if I can use a term you used, if you were to get your facts right you'd realise that the amount of passes he attempted and made was more than players such as Carrick, Rooney, Evra and Valencia who I think all played quite well today.

Does that help?

i thought he was terrible, doesnt overlap he just stands there doing nothing, constantly comes in field providing an easy outlet to the LW, pretty much every time the ball went out to bellamy he was in 10 yards of space, he cant pass, is reluctant to cross, basically he's **** useless

im starting to think him and warnock have some sort of whos the shittest fullback competition on the go

Best post today! Both are the worst full backs I have seen at Villa in a long time. God, a few seasons back we had Bouma and Mellberg - how times have changed!

Which were all turd.

And?

I think your response says it all. And? Seriously?

I really have to explain how that renders your previous post as non-existant?

Well I didnt want to presume what you were inferring but given you cant be arsed to respond properly I'll have to. So I imagine that your comment infers that because everyone else was shit then it it probably is nothing to write home about on who completed attempted the most passes. Well if I can use a term you used, if you were to get your facts right you'd realise that the amount of passes he attempted and made was more than players such as Carrick, Rooney, Evra and Valencia who I think all played quite well today.

Does that help?

Ok, I'll literally point out the obvious and clear flaw in your last post, if its going to be that difficult to recognise it.

There is no point in saying he made the most, or attempted to make the most crosses, when the vast majority were ineffective and shit.

Got it now?

Ok, I'll literally point out the obvious and clear flaw in your last post, if its going to be that difficult to recognise it.

There is no point in saying he made the most, or attempted to make the most crosses, when the vast majority were ineffective and shit.

Got it now?

Oh right ive got it now, not only does he give it away loads as some have suggested but now when he does make a pass they are mainly shit as well.

I'm guessing that with our incredible movement that there arent that many options on for him to make these shit passes into ones you would consider good.

Don't rate him at all but was willing to give him the benefit of doubt. Really hoped he could commit a rash tackle on Downing today but sadly Downing didn't venture onto our right at all.

Still not sure whether his reluctance to bomb forward is down to a lack of ability or because he's following instructions from our ultra cautious manager. If it's the latter then he deserves a little more time before he can be properly judged.

would we be having these views about him had we signed him the first time we tried?

its unfortunate that he makes so many errors when we would expect better from him, i dont know what to say to suggest that theres a positive side for him being in the team

every first teamer must know that their positions are safe, hence their poor performances?

Â