Dogs...

jonno_2004

Dogs?  

170 members have voted

1. 1. Dogs?

• Love them
    • Hate them

When we go out for a short amount of time, we often find our dog sleeping in the places she's not really allowed. She always makes herself very comfortable and doesn't look best pleased when we disturb her on our return.

Longer periods she's right behind the door waiting for us, when she hears us coming back.

IkEjpcx.jpeg

I'm pretty sure that cushion was against the back of sofa and you can see the blanket where she is supposed go on.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

The butter wouldn't melt look of my dog above has been channelling her inner cat and caught a bird in the back garden as I'm getting ready to go to the game. I wasnt expecting to have to euthanise a bird today 🥺

She caught a mouse last year too.

6 hours ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

The butter wouldn't melt look of my dog above has been channelling her inner cat and caught a bird in the back garden as I'm getting ready to go to the game. I wasnt expecting to have to euthanise a bird today 🥺

She caught a mouse last year too.

My dog caught a Robin bird a few months back and killed it 🙁 

• 3 months later...

Banning the breed isn’t the right way to go about it. The XL Bully’s I’ve met(3 in total) have been soft as shit and dog friendly. What I do acknowledge though is that if this breed of dog turns it’s going to do a fair bit of damage more so than let’s say a Labrador which is a decent sized dog itself . Stricter laws on breeding and ownership are required. The breed seem to be popular with younger chav lads and popular in the bigger towns and cities. Personally I think there should be an age limit on ownership for some breeds and also checks to see if that person is suitable to own such breed.  Dog breeding itself needs looking into regardless of what type of dog people are breeding. 

5 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Banning the breed isn’t the right way to go about it. The XL Bully’s I’ve met(3 in total) have been soft as shit and dog friendly. What I do acknowledge though is that if this breed of dog turns it’s going to do a fair bit of damage more so than let’s say a Labrador which is a decent sized dog itself . Stricter laws on breeding and ownership are required. The breed seem to be popular with younger chav lads and popular in the bigger towns and cities. Personally I think there should be an age limit on ownership for some breeds and also checks to see if that person is suitable to own such breed.  Dog breeding itself needs looking into regardless of what type of dog people are breeding. 

My friends brother looks after a XL Bully, as I guess the owners can't be arsed with it, or pay its food bills. Anyway, he brings it to the pub occasionally, an yeah he is soft as shit, but the problem is, if he ever goes off, which these breeds do, the guy looking after it won't be able to do shit, he's 62 and not in good shape. Also, the dog has been banned from 3 other pubs for being a barker and not to be trusted around other dogs. With my knowledge of this one, even though he's just a fussy pup, they should be banned.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

My friends brother looks after a XL Bully, as I guess the owners can't be arsed with it, or pay its food bills. Anyway, he brings it to the pub occasionally, an yeah he is soft as shit, but the problem is, if he ever goes off, which these breeds do, the guy looking after it won't be able to do shit, he's 62 and not in good shape. Also, the dog has been banned from 3 other pubs for being a barker and not to be trusted around other dogs. With my knowledge of this one, even though he's just a fussy pup, they should be banned.

Is banning them better than strictly regulating the problem? I’ve just been looking into the breed and it was initially cross bred from the American pit bull terrier which is very popular in America like the staffy is over here, but that breed is banned in the uk. It’s a very complex issue. I’d like to know how many illegal dog breeds are actually here in the uk.

The police have named the poor guy killed by the dogs. They’ve said they are believed to be XL bully’s but doing tests on the (dead) dogs to confirm.

People in the comments getting all wound up because the police have just assumed they are XL bully’s just because they killed someone.

A man is dead, believed to be protecting his elderly mother, and some people are more concerned about the fact the breed has been assumed without scientific evidence.

People are weird.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Is banning them better than strictly regulating the problem? I’ve just been looking into the breed and it was initially cross bred from the American pit bull terrier which is very popular in America like the staffy is over here, but that breed is banned in the uk. It’s a very complex issue. I’d like to know how many illegal dog breeds are actually here in the uk.

Why do you need to regulate them? Just get a different breed that probably won’t kill somebody.

Its a bit like the gun control argument in America.

• Like 3

Just now, Genie said:

Why do you need to regulate them? Just get a different breed that probably won’t kill somebody.

Its a bit like the gun control argument in America.

Because there’s always going to be demand for masculine dog breeds wether it be Staffy or Mastiff etc etc .

Ive just looked at the uk fatalities caused by dogs over the last few years  and there is a pattern developing with this breed. It’s a cross breed like so many others on the list. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

Because there’s always going to be demand for masculine dog breeds wether it be Staffy or Mastiff etc etc .

Ive just looked at the uk fatalities caused by dogs over the last few years  and there is a pattern developing with this breed. It’s a cross breed like so many others on the list. 

So you agree or disagree they should be banned? There’s other legal options for people who feel they need a masculine dog breed.

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

So you agree or disagree they should be banned? There’s other legal options for people who feel they need a masculine dog breed.

I think we need to look into the problem a bit more . I’ve just had another glance at the list and there’s a lot of deaths from Rottweilers. How many illegal breeds  do we actually have in Britain on our streets ? If there’s quite a few then the XL bully breeders will just go underground. Is regulation better? Weren’t that long ago they were on about banning staffys although the XL bully breed does seem more problematic. 

Just now, Rugeley Villa said:

I do believe you can actually require a licence to own a pit bull in uk. They aren’t given out willy nilly to anyone , and they must be muzzled when out in public. 

I presume that's what will happen to the current XL Bully owners. Ban the trading and breeding of them, and current owners will have to apply for a licence and follow some strict rules if they are awarded a licence, if they want to keep their dog.

1 minute ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

I presume that's what will happen to the current XL Bully owners. Ban the trading and breeding of them, and current owners will have to apply for a licence and follow some strict rules if they are awarded a licence, if they want to keep their dog.

Interesting to see how it pans out because they are pretty common now, especially in certain areas . 

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

I'd never even heard of a Bully XL a week ago. 

I read there were 10 people killed by dogs in 2022 (in the uk), and 6 were by XL Bullys. They account for a minuscule percentage of dogs, yet make up the bulk of the fatalities. 

Another poor fella killed yesterday and other incidents of people/pets being mauled by them in the last week.

The breed should be eradicated, and I say that as a dog lover. It's a mutant dog, designed to be scary and aggressive. I don't get why people have them. Loads of owners now saying how soft and gentle their bullies are and how they leave them with their kids! Why take the chance?! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

My pet chimp was ever so lovely and cute.. until it decided to rip my neighbours face and hands off*

Don't ban chimps!

*google Travis the chimp for a horrible story - only in America!

Â