Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

That cockney commentator doesn't have a clue? Makoun struggling to adapt to English football?! He gave the ball away once.

twice I thought, lacked pace and a couple of clumsy challenges...

I'm not counting the shite pass from Petrov which led him into trouble.

Sidwell on the end of more Villa passes to day than any match in his Villa career!!

We are doing alright but really lacking any creativity in the final third. We need either Petrov or Makoun getting forward a bit more to create some pressure.

Poor half, that. Too much hoofing and gifting Fulham posession. Makoun's passing is sublime, but he can't tackle.

1-0 is not enough. Heskey for Gabby in the second half for me.

I thought the first 20 minutes we were top class! For the second part of the half I'd say it was fairly even. Still not a bad half though.

Swap Gabby and Ash around. Gabby looks like he has the eye for a through ball and looks a lot better when hes inside.

Thought we look absolutely clueless going forward.

This I disagree with. There were some good ideas, brighter than what we have been seeing the last few months. But the wings are a bit of a mess right now, defense is still patchwork, and Petrov simply isn't up to top flight pace any more.

Should be 2-0 up. Bent's goal wrongly disallowed.

Sidwell suprisingly looks good.

Yeah just saw the disallowed goal for the first time and he looked on side to me.

I predicted in the Petrov thread that Sidwell would run Petrov's legs off. It's amazing what can happen when a manager has faith in you. NRC on to replace the headshaking Petrov as soon as possible.

No Bannan on bench? Is he injured or as GH taken any threat to Ashley's positon out of the squad. Another attempt to try and get him to sign a contract.

An improvement from Downing this game. He is much better when he attacks players on the run.

Still don't see the point of Gabby on the left. Petrov dwelling on the ball too much, Makoun not yet used to prem pace hence when defending looks off the pace. Downing playing well, Walker looking lively and Bent getting into good positions.

I would probably bring on Albrighton and Bradley on for Gabby and Petrov in the second half. But leaving Makoun on and bringing on Bradley is probably not going to happen Houillier will probably play it safe and take off Makoun for Bradley.

Still don't see the point of Gabby on the left. Petrov dwelling on the ball too much, Makoun not yet used to prem pace hence when defending looks off the pace. Downing playing well, Walker looking lively and Bent getting into good positions.

I would probably bring on Albrighton and Bradley on for Gabby and Petrov in the second half. But leaving Makoun on and bringing on Bradley is probably not going to happen Houillier will probably play it safe and take off Makoun for Bradley.

Bradley's not in the squad.

I think there's as much chance of him bringing me on as there is of him bringing Bradley on. :mrgreen: