Nathan Baker

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Reality is he's not going anywhere as he signed a new deal last summer and no Premiership club would take him. We must sign another CB in the summer though, absolute priority, to challenge Okore and Vlaar and the Clark can come in as and when required. Baker can be 5th choice CB/3rd choice LB.

Reality is he's not going anywhere as he signed a new deal last summer and no Premiership club would take him. We must sign another CB in the summer though, absolute priority, to challenge Okore and Vlaar and the Clark can come in as and when required. Baker can be 5th choice CB/3rd choice LB.

Why would baker want to stay as 5th choice centre back/3rd choice left back? He's 23 now, he needs to play regularly, I agree that he isn't good enough for this club though

Lambert must be blind as he keeps starting Baker. He's been poor a number of games already, and still keeps his place.

Why did Clark lose his place to Baker, Paul?

Why doesn't Baker lose his now, Paul?

• Like 1

I'd rather play Tony Moon at Centre back than this bloke

At least he has a decent beard if you compare the two it really is chalk and cheese

It's an affront our noble facial-hair related tradition that either of those two have donned the beard this season.

One of the worst defenders ever to play for our club, but what makes it worse is that Clark is just as bad.

This is what Randy Lerner has done to Aston Villa FC.

Clark is nowhere near as bad. Villa defence was pretty strong with him and Vlaar playing the first half of the season.

• Like 4

It seems Vlaar has no input in the way Baker plays. Surely a manager would let the main defender an captain (i.e Vlaar) control Bakers movements. If he is, baker is alot worst than we think. If I was Vlaar I would definately be asking for clark to come back in. Though maybe he is, an this is where the issues are, like where the arguments start and the fallouts begin.

Edited by foreveryoung

Lads we've known Clark and Baker aren't good enough to start for 2 seasons now. They are just about 3rd and 4th choice defenders which normally means they will play here and then due to injuries. Lambert has had 2 seasons to address this and then a January transfer window when he knew one his replacements was going to miss the rest of the season.

It just makes no sense.

He is a young player thrown in at the deep end and is basically another victim of how our club has been decimated by the owner.

No sorry mate im not having this!!!

So basically its none of the players fault, cause they have been brought in to the premiership and been asked to play at this level, something they are unable to do.

He is a young player thrown in at the deep end and is basically another victim of how our club has been decimated by the owner.

He looked a half decent prospect, now he's being lampooned. Much like the rest if our squad. Gone backwards under Lambert this year.

No sorry mate im not having this!!!

So basically its none of the players fault, cause they have been brought in to the premiership and been asked to play at this level, something they are unable to do.

If there is a serious lack of effort and they are capable of playing a lot better than yes the players are to blame. If they are doing all they can but are simply inferior to the opposition than I think it's unfair to blame the players.

I always thought Baker had potential but never looked ready. Should really be loaned out to improve his development instead of playing week in week out in a very poor team battling for survival.

Edited by Amo69

No he has been given a fair chance as academy players should be and has proven not to be good enough. It happens and now it's time to move on.

• Like 1

No he has been given a fair chance as academy players should be and has proven not to be good enough. It happens and now it's time to move on.

Agreed

Â