Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I don't think he can ever train with the reserves can he? That would count as working, so would be a serious no-no if he's not got a work permit.

I would have thought he could.

If we are still paying him - then he is still employed.

don't think he is good enough anyway......starting to beleive he has gone AWOL

I think it's harsh to label blame at Makoun until we know all the facts.

What we know is he did ok when Houllier signed him, but injury and red cards made it hard to judge how good he was, plus he was still settling into a team which were doing poorly.

Mcdick farmed him out because he doesn't like players who can pass, and he went to Greece where it sounds like he did ok. He clearly thought his Villa career was dead and failed to continue his English lessons.

He's probably quite surprised that

A) Mcdick was fired

B) Olympiakos didn't sign him permanently

C) He suddenly has to come back to a club that didn't want him with a manager that might give him another chance.

There were some quotes about a month ago saying he wants to take that chance and i really don't think this situation is down to anything he has deliberately done or not done.

Benefit of doubt for now.

Hope we've not been offshoring his payments to dodge HMRC

What planet are you on?

honestly, if it would surprise you had we been doing that then i think you're being naieve. it's apparently endemic in football, and the rangers case was a tester for when the hammer properly falls

There were some quotes about a month ago saying he wants to take that chance and i really don't think this situation is down to anything he has deliberately done or not done.

Benefit of doubt for now.

There were quotes? Were they in English? ;-)

I wonder if Manchester United would have this sort of problem if a player can't speak English

The test apparently is very basic - its not like you have to be fluent in English. Do we know if he failed it - or just hasn't bothered to take it - I suspect the latter

Well if that's the case he's surely broken his contract ?

Maybe he's already off the wage bill ??

Maybe thats what were wrangling over. We haven't heard a word from Makoun - or does the work permit issue prevent him from maling a statement.

What planet are you on?

honestly, if it would surprise you had we been doing that then i think you're being naieve. it's apparently endemic in football, and the rangers case was a tester for when the hammer properly falls

The Rangers case came about purely because they'd cocked up how the EBT scheme ran. Nothing to do with test cases.

What planet are you on?

The Rangers case came about purely because they'd cocked up how the EBT scheme ran. Nothing to do with test cases.

and those in the know have been quite vociferous in saying that it'll be the first of many, and that htere will be premiership teams in the next batch

Did Lambert say this?

"Will he be part of my plans? I haven`t seen him yet. I`ll have to wait and see. I know the work permit is a big thing here and the group at the minute is very good. I am trying to build the squad and we will see what happens. The group are coming along nicely and that is all you can ask for."

I wonder if Manchester United would have this sort of problem if a player can't speak English

Tevez being a perfect example. Also apparently Kagawa and Park couldnt speak any englsih when joined

Â