Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I think he can train with the team. Many players from the MLS come train with teams in December and January without having to get a work permit. We had Omar Cummings training with us but he didn't sign due to work permit issues. (would've been a terrible signing anyway; average mls player).

The difference is they'd not be getting paid, Makoun is getting paid by us so him turning up would probably be classed as working.

Probably is a bit too late for him now. Didn't really pull up any trees in the few games he did play for us but at the same time he didn't get many chances either. If only McLeish hadn't loaned him out and brought in Jenas he could've been a useful squad player at least.

i guess sometimes a player just doesn't fit in with a club or league for whatever reason. doesn't mean he is a bad player.

if its not working the key is to cut our losses, for both the clubs and the players benefit. it is not good to keep the player hanging around and not playing but taking 30 grand a week in wages (like we had with a previous manager).

lambert seems to be on the ball with getting the squad he wants and doing it quickly, so hopefully this will all be sorted soon

Where actually is he? Does anyone know

Is he off the payroll now ?

he isnt off the payroll, he has still been picking up his wage all summer, footballers sign contracts based on an initial amount i.e. the club say we will pay you £3 million over the duration of a 3 year contract, the club then prorate their pay through the whole year.

The way he plays is all about keeping possession and quick passes. The same way Lambert wants to play. Surely Lambert knows he's an international with champions league experience. With a young squad.. he's worth a shot. The team at the time didn't know/read Makoun well. I think it'll be different now

I believe the work permit issue. Perhaps Makoun doesn't want to play for us but considering he gave up CL football to come to play in the Premier League for us I dont believe that either. Maybe he really really just wanted to play for Houllier but it's quite a big step to take to move here to play for a manager that was being hounded out during the January he joined, honestly believe he wants to play for us. Dont think we want to sell him, read these quotes from Paul Lambert about Karim El Ahmadi:

"I don't think he's a set player in terms of defensive or offensive. He can do most things and could do both roles if I asked him to do that.

"Certainly I won't curtail him and will let him play with freedom because I think that is the way he plays. He is a very good player.

"It was pleasing to get the deal done early because we needed someone who can put their foot on the ball and move it about a bit quicker. I think he'll do that for us.

"I think your eye as a manager tells you what a player is like in terms of their good habits and bad habits as well as how well they can move the ball.

"I think he can move the ball well and, at 27-years-old, he's an experienced player who has played international football.

I very much think a lot of these points can be applied to Makoun too. Especially about him being able to play deeper or more offensively, being able to move the ball about quicker than the rest of the squad, experienced etc.

the fact is he has gone AWOL and can't play for us any longer. Which means that for the next two years, we will be paying out £ 40,000 a week to a guy who can't even train.

If he is AWOL, he won't get paid.

and there's no chance he's on anything close to 40k a week

I don't think he has played his last game for us, I actually believe its a work permit issue and that he will make a return for us. He fits in with the way we want to play and has experience to boot, bring back J2M!

He might possibly eek another couple of games for us.

The chances of him becoming a regular starter for are IMO pretty close to zero

I'm guessing

ace. keep guessing.

anyone actually got solid info as to the clubs intentions re: j2m? i've read the visa stuff, and i won't get on a political one about ridiculous tests for a prem footballer. are we certain the english tests are the only reason? and does anyone know at what sort of stage the process is at to get him the visa required to train and play with us again?

Some questions to consider.

Do you think the club's staff are that incompetant that they didn't realise this English test was going to be a problem?

Do you think the club's staff are that incompetant that they couldn't get Makoun up to speed in the English language enough to pass an English test that by all accounts is so simple, Carlos Tevez, Jung Ji Park and a whole host of other footballers who seemingly can't string a sentence together in English could pass it (because they must have to have been in this country for so long)?

Personally I don't think the clubs staff are anywhere near being that incompetant in these matters. Under Ellis around the time of the JPA transfer yes I could have believed it but this club has moved on considerably since then.

I do think the Visa issue is a convenient smoke screen for now but it can't last much longer

Â