Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

Don't rule out that the player may not want to come back. He would have been sold a vision by GH. How do we know he didn't want to be loaned out? His performances, albeit in the carling cup, were signs of a player that plain and simple, didnt give a shit. I think soon after that game he was loaned out.

Yeah, he is a decent player, but it seems we all remember a player that passed the ball around a lot versus man united.

Don't rule out that the player may not want to come back. He would have been sold a vision by GH. How do we know he didn't want to be loaned out? His performances, albeit in the carling cup, were signs of a player that plain and simple, didnt give a shit. I think soon after that game he was loaned out.

Yeah, he is a decent player, but it seems we all remember a player that passed the ball around a lot versus man united.

Makoun I think very much suits the style of play Houllier tried to introduce, short passing and keeping possesion.

He didnt fit into McLeishs' plans as he likes to bypass midfield alltogether and I think Lamberts more direct long ball game will not really suit him. Probably best if he is moved on, McLeish and to a lesser extent Lambert have a differnt vision to how football should be played.

Cant understand how he was granted a work permit and now needs further clearance, obviously to do with the fact he went to Greece but surely his initial permit would have covered the length of his contract?

Cant understand how he was granted a work permit and now needs further clearance, obviously to do with the fact he went to Greece but surely his initial permit would have covered the length of his contract?

Does it have something to do with the fact he hasnt played many games?

Yes this seems about right. Been reading on the FA website though - and this is quite an unusual case as in I can find any reference to work permits for players returning from loan.

What it does say though - is that the work permit is separate to immigration - so he wouldn't be refused entry into the country.

I am sure when we sign an overseas player who requires a work permit - he trains with the squad - but can not play until his work permit is sorted. so the hurdles Makoun has to overcome

For some reason - there is a short term issue with his work permit

Whether he wants to play for us is at least questionable

Even if he does can he adapt to the premier league

Can he stay injury free

So there you guy - plenty of hoops for him to jump through - don't see him starting v west ham !!!

Does it have something to do with the fact he hasnt played many games?

Possibly, but I think it is more to do with the US immigration laws. Maybe his visa doesn't cover it and he needs to apply for a new one? That or he has a secret criminal background smuggling woolly jumpers on the black-market to unsuspecting fashion wannabes (like me)

Yes this seems about right. Been reading on the FA website though - and this is quite an unusual case as in I can find any reference to work permits for players returning from loan.

What it does say though - is that the work permit is separate to immigration - so he wouldn't be refused entry into the country.

I am sure when we sign an overseas player who requires a work permit - he trains with the squad - but can not play until his work permit is sorted. so the hurdles Makoun has to overcome

"blah, blah, blah"

So there you guy - plenty of hoops for him to jump through - don't see him starting v west ham !!!

How can you be sure he's even allowed to be in the country?

And even if he is (not directed at you this bit) do you really think Aston Villa Football Club would take the risk of pissing off the Home Office if there was some kind of irregularity in his permit?

It is an odd situation. However, if it was something fishy there would be no need for the club to lie to it's fans. He's hardly a hero, barely even a cult one. They'd fine him and ship him out.

On a separate note was I the only one that saw a lot of quality in Makoun and was very disappointed when we loaned him out?
Absolutely not. But there are quite a few people who didn't see quality in him. They baffle me tbh.

And round and round we go.

The work permit thing may well be a smokescreen

Smokescreen for.... what?

Tbh, having done a little work in immigration law, the UKBA is a f-ing nightmare sometimes. With the amount of forms, guidance, and standards you have to meet it wouldn't surprise me if whoever was doing the work for Makoun just messed it up and the UKBA just flagged up his case and froze his work permit. Trust me, they've done weirder stuff in my time.

I remember when we signed Salifou it took a couple of weeks for his work permit to come through so he couldn't train.

Does make you wonder why the club didn't act sooner unless they expected Lambert to sell him as soon as he came in?

Surely as soon as his loan ended in May, the club should've been straight onto the home office to see what the situation was with his work permit?

"blah, blah, blah"

How can you be sure he's even allowed to be in the country?

And even if he is (not directed at you this bit) do you really think Aston Villa Football Club would take the risk of pissing off the Home Office if there was some kind of irregularity in his permit?

It is an odd situation. However, if it was something fishy there would be no need for the club to lie to it's fans. He's hardly a hero, barely even a cult one. They'd fine him and ship him out.

1. How can you piss off the home office ? - you either abide by the rules - or break the law (which no one is advocating) - I really don't think anyone should be trying to keep the home office sweet. As a law abiding organisation - we have to do what they say

2. I don't know - but a player who signed a 4 year contract with us - and now presumably being paid by us - I would very surprised if he isn't now allowed into the UK -

All we know is he hasn't reported back for pre season training. Kendrick - without any quotes has said this is due to work permit problems. Even more bizarre - Kendrick says this is only a minor problem - Yet he (Makoun) won't be joining the US Tour.

Its a weird situation for sure.

Â