Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

He was happily giving out autographs after the game on Sunday, although he wouldn't answer any direct questions (like most players - the exception being Carlos). He also looked incredibly cool; he even had a cocktail stick in his mouth, and as we know only the really cool cats can get away with that.

He was happily giving out autographs after the game on Sunday, although he wouldn't answer any direct questions (like most players - the exception being Carlos). He also looked incredibly cool; he even had a cocktail stick in his mouth, and as we know only the really cool cats can get away with that.

Did he join in the lap of honour? Didn't spot him if so.

Anyway, I'd play him in a 4-3-3 formation with Ireland and Petrov (should he come back).

Makoun was at VP on Sunday?? Didnt realise that. I hope to God Randy said something along the lines of 'look, i dont care who the manager is next season your coming back here'

Whatever peoples opinions are of him as a player its just naive to think that we havent missed somebody of his experience and (IMO) blatant ability to play football this season

Agree Stu, you can't write him off after 6-7 games. I think we need a good CDM beside him like Diame from Wigan whose on a Bosman. The problem with Villa he have too many softies on the pitch, i can't think of one game where we actually won the midfield battle. I would have loved Diarra here.

Makoun was at VP on Sunday??

Yeah, although in all honesty I wouldnt have recognised him if I had not seen his signature, which very clearly spells 'Makoun' (my little brother is the kind of kid who will get anybody's signature if they're signing things, whether he knows who they are or not. Les Ferdinand was there too, for example). And no he did not join in the 'lap of honor', which makes some degree of sense really, seeing as he played...1 or 2 games was it? Last time I remember seeing him in a Villa shirt was against Hereford.

He just needed to get used to the pace of the league, he has quality on the ball which is why mcleish got rid.

I don’t like McLeish, I don’t like the way he plays football, but this is just not the case IMO. If McLeish had inherited a great footballer I just don’t believe he would just get rid of him because he was that. He got rid of Makoun because Makoun just didn’t look up to the premiership. Damn McLeish for everything, but lets not turn Makoun into the greatest footballer of all time.

Has the Greek season finished then?

If so, could he have technically played on Sunday or indeed at Norwich if need him?

No, a season long loan lasts a season, no matter which country you are in iirc

Ah right.

Was a bit confused as Wolves brought on Elokobi against Everton and he's been on loan at Forest since January but suppose it's different rules for half season loans.

No I think the rules are different for International loans, I think International loans have to be for the duration of transfer windows, whereas same country ones have different rules

He just needed to get used to the pace of the league, he has quality on the ball which is why mcleish got rid.

I don’t like McLeish, I don’t like the way he plays football, but this is just not the case IMO. If McLeish had inherited a great footballer I just don’t believe he would just get rid of him because he was that. He got rid of Makoun because Makoun just didn’t look up to the premiership. Damn McLeish for everything, but lets not turn Makoun into the greatest footballer of all time.

Makoun plays grounded football he's not a hoofer and when he has to hoof he plays intricate lofted passes that need an equal minded player on the other end (Ireland, Bent, N'zogbia).. In a McLeish side where passing is treated like the plague and hoof is the tactic of the day he was never going to fit in.. Hopefully with a manager like Martinez or Lambert he will fit in a whole lot more.

Ive said it before - Makoun, Ireland and N'Zogbia in the same midfield as someone like Diame would be a really good midfield imo. With Bent up top and maybe Holman on the right.

Ive said it before - Makoun, Ireland and N'Zogbia in the same midfield as someone like Diame would be a really good midfield imo. With Bent up top and maybe Holman on the right.

Like this?

Holman ------- Bent ---- N'Zogbia

-------- Makoun --- Ireland -------

--------------- Diame --------------

Warnock - Clark - Dunne - Lichaj

---------------- Given --------------

If Martinez was in charge, this could be a formation he'd play. I've put Holman left wing because I think Martinez preferred Zog on the right.

Â