Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decent first half. Reo-Coker looking really good. Good way to respond to being out the team.

Agbonlahor isn't upto much, hopefully we will see either Heskey or Albrighton around 55-60 minutes. Possibly both.

Maybe 65 minutes ish, Agbonlahor and Makoun off...(on a booking) for Heskey and Albrighton with Downing dropping in the middle. Albrighton right, Young left, Heskey and Bent up top.

Not the best of halves, it's easy to blame the three wingers (and they've not been great) but I think our problem has been in the middle - the midfield hasn't supported Bent or covered the back four.

I'd like to see Gabby and Ash swap places and I think we should bring on Petrov for Makoun who I don't think is quite up to Premier league speed yet.

bad final ball is yet again costing us. we are working it up to the box fine, then putting in rubbish crosses. downing has messed up every single chance to get the ball in a decent place.

we also have no one following up for 2nd chances. ash, gabby, downing all just standing there and not anticipating

makoun doesnt look quite up to speed (as expected) but his passing looks very good

Can't fathom it.

It's bloody obvious to me.

Gabby up front and Young on wing

or

Albrighton on wing

Whatever - playing Gabby on the wing just isn't working, nor is Ashley Young up front, as I keep saying - one goal from open play in 3 yrs !

Flummexed why we keep persisting with it, coz if he changed it - we would be challenging for Europe by Mid-Feb - if he don't we will forever be 12th-17th

We look shit tonight. I hope Houllier knows how to throw tea cups around. Bent must be wondering what the **** he has joined with the way the lads are playing tonight.

If a right footer - Albrighton - isn't going to be playing then surely Gabby needs to be out there with Downing on the left? We looked a bit clueless in that first half.