The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General Krulak here:

5. Sani: I have no idea. Next time you are at the shop, just ask.

Hi, unfortunately i live in sweden so i dont have the option of doing that. Is there any way i can contact someone in charge and ask?

Regards

Hi General K

I imagine the club are currently looking at season ticket schemes for next year. Could you look at having more group based discounts? I sit with a number of friends and family and I am sure this is mirrored across many supporters. It would be good if you could put together a scheme where the more in your group is relative to the greater discoutn you can achieve. Whilst it would potentially give existing supporters access to a better pricign scheme, it may also entice other people in to buying a season ticket for friends/family. Also it would need to be flexible as we sit in two rows as we can;t get all the seats together.

Also well done on the PA system in the Holte End, it is far better now than earleir in the season.

Oh and a big well done to all concerned - GH, PF, Randy etc for a fantastic transfer window. New hungry players coming in and a net reduction on the wage bill I gather.

General Krulak here:

1. The kit WILL BE released earlier!!!

2. paulanddonya: Oh my goodness...do you think we like splashing money around? Right now and for the foreseeable future, we are part of a free market society...supply and demand. When you have Clubs willing to pay the amount of money that is being paid, you either go with the tide or go under. How much time have I spent talking about the wage bill?? Do you really think we aren't aware of the problem. Simply put, it is NOT as easy a situation to deal with as you seem to think. It is not simply a case of the owners getting together and deciding that 30,000 pounds a week is THE top price. I know you are frustrated and so are many owners but....it is what it is and wishing it away won't get it. The second a Club decides to play the game a certain way, they need to be wary of what they wish for.

3. Sani: Call our shop.

Good afternoon general, please give my thanks to the board and GH for this January window, with the signings showing early promise and hopefully Bradley will follow.

General, if I could ask 2 questions please

Could I ask when our contract with Nike is due to expire and what has been put in place to ensure we don't fall into the same issues with kit launch for next season. I had previously suggested a launch on May 26, to tie in with the league win and then to follow with the 30th anniversary in 2012?

Secondly, do the club know how Paul McGrath and Chris Price are doing after the troubles they have had over the last few months?

Hi General,

This latest article by Oliver Holt pretty clearly accuses Villa of tapping up Darren Bent. An action which is illegal and an accusation which is serious. Are the club planning on taking action against articles like this which continue to attempt to defame the good name of Aston Villa with unfounded and unproven slurs?

Hi General, no names at all, hypothetical. If let's say team A sold a player to team B...then however long later, that player wasn't playing that much, would you say team A should look at the possibility of bringing in players they've previously sold or would you say that once a player has chosen a path then there's no possibility of that player coming back?

what's your thoughts on this? nothing to do with Villa of course...!

Dear General K., I hope all is well, good to have you back.

As you may be aware, we are expected over at the Premier League Cup in Hong Kong in late July.

Being not too far from me, I am hoping to head over to HK to watch the tournament.

As far as I can tell, tickets are not yet available and my HK sources indicate they are likely to sell like hot cakes due to the relatively limited stadium size and huge interest in the premier league. Being non-HK resident, I am concerned that I might not be able to get tickets.

May I inquire if tickets are available for purchase through Villa ? If so, could you provide some details.

Thanks in advance.

Hi General,

I would like to ask a question,if all is well at the club player wise? I cant help as a fan but be a little concerned at some of the body language given off by some of our players..I may be wrong but I get the feeling some players are not totally commited to working under the new management system.

Against Manchester United I noticed Stylian Petrov shake his head a number of times at the manager's decission to substitute him with 15mins of the game remaining.I also noticed Ashley Young look on at the decission in disagreement too..Yet I thought Houllier was right in his decission,as the team did need to look at other options to get something out of the game.

Why are these players not in support of the manager's decissions,when its very obvious he doing the best he can to get a result? Should they not be in support of the manager and what he is trying to achieve?

How do the new signings and youngsters look on,when a captain and senior player(A.Young) seemingly look to be against manager's decissions???

General Sir, welcome back!!

Apologies if it has been asked already, but, who are you picking to win the Superbowl on Sunday? It's a tough one to call this year; Packers O vs Steelers D is a great match up. I'm taking Steelers by 7.

Thank you.

General Krulak here:

1. Steelers-Packers: I am picking the Packers in an upset (my heart)...Steelers in my mind. Still...PACKERS!!

2. I thought the review of Villa Park was pretty accurate except for the hospitality...we are better than 2 stars. And, of course, the Fans and environment are 10 stars!!!!

3. Family Fun Day...a must win...a cracking atmosphere....only 36,000 showing up counting the away fans. Sad!

4. steaknchips: At the end of the day, I think most players want to remain on the Pitch...I have watched players on every team in the League pretty much shake their heads when the come off the Pitch. I think the Players know what GH is trying to accomplish and are behind him. Rumors to the contrary are just that...rumors. Great grist for the media mill.

5. Transfer price tags: I wonder whether a "salary cap" would ever work????????

6. BOF: The Club is just not going to get into a discussion on this matter....it will only make more "grist" for the media. We have said what we are going to say.

7. contract with Nike to expire after this coming year. Kit will be out early.

3. Family Fun Day...a must win...a cracking atmosphere....only 36,000 showing up counting the away fans. Sad!

Then again, decent away crowd and 38/39,000 sounds decent for a game like Fulham.

On this, do the club set attendance targets for games or seasons? I don't know but I've got a good feeling providing we end the season fairly strongly that attendances will be up next season.

General Krulak here:

General,

Before I make my point in relation to the above comment just let me tell you where I am coming from. I have had a season ticket for 23 years on the spin with my dad and brother up until my dad passed away in 2002 and for the last 7 years I have forked out for a season ticket for both myself and my daughter who is now 12 and had her first ST at 6. I have also attended all but a couple of this seasons away games.

I find your above comment unbelievable. As stated above as someone fortunate enough to have been going to VP for years I'd love for us to sell out every game. I live in the real world though where we are going through the worst financial conditions in decades. This area has been hit more than most with people losing their jobs, suffering pay freezes and cuts whilst every day bills rise dramatically.

Throw the above on to the fact we have had a really poor season and I find your comment that its sad we are only getting 36k shocking.

The only thing sad about it is that people can't afford to go or justify the expense given some of the tripe that has been served up this season.

If you don't like it or find it sad then reduce the prices is my advice or get the team again consistently performing at a level that people want to come and watch them and justify the expense.

Mark

General

This may be a silly question, but to be honest it has been bugging me all season! Why have we moved to wearing Claret socks with our home kit, its just wrong! I noticed against Man Utd we wore the traditional blue socks but had assumed we didn't have them! I guess this is ridiculous, but I am superstious and the claret socks just aren't Villa!!

Is there anything you can do to birng the blue socks back!!!?

Cheers

Dave

3. Family Fun Day...a must win...a cracking atmosphere....only 36,000 showing up counting the away fans. Sad!.

36000 people turning up to see 2 struggling teams, in the midst of job losses, price rises, tax increases & the like is many things, but "sad" ain't one of them.

General,

Just a quickie. At Man City this year when we got spanked, I noticed the home fans doing the `Poznan' when they scored, which involved turning away from the pitch and putting your arms around each other and jumping up and down, looked awesome if Im honest. We got to see it 4 times. Cant we encourage some kind of celebration when we score? Maybe waving scarfs around our head or something? Just anything to make it look good, would create a good atmosphere for everyone to join in on. Also I noticed they had someone walking round firing the club shirt out in one of them shirt firing gun things, Im sure you know what Im talking about as they are from the USA. Can we get one of them things going aswell?

Just a couple of things I think would help out a bit down at VP.