The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

A Wholehearted Welcome back General. Not getting much chance to get to many games at the moment, working with marines at fpgrm in sunny scotland !! Can you influence GH's pre season plans and get some games in up here next season please !!

Welcome back sir

Can i ask that you obtan a tape from ESPN of Ian Holloways latest rant at our manager and then consider taking legal action against some very slanderous remarks. Mr Houllier should, at the very least, request an independent greivance against him through the LMA as his accusations tnight were frankly disgusting bordering on racist

Hi General,

Are you able to give us any information on Nigel Reo Coker's situation? I understand he's out of contract in the summer and I was wondering if there's been any recent dialogue between Nigel and the Club with regards to him signing an extension to his contract?

Thanks in advance.

General Krulak here:

1. Holtender-in-sky: My sense is that we are just going to let the issue with Mr. Holloway rest. There is very little to gain by having a back and forth dialogue in the media.

2. kerms: I am afraid I have little influence on pre-season games. It would be nice to have some played in Ireland and Scotland...and maybe that will happen in time. it really is up to the Manager.

3. NRC: As you might imagine, it would not make much sense for me to discuss plans for NRC...even if I knew them. What I think is obvious to all Fans is that NRC has a role on this Team. He is playing, is playing well, and appears happy with his situation. Again, I don't know much more than the average Fan when it comes to player dealings.

Hi General, Thanks for coming back to answer questions, your input is very much appreciated.

There appears much more togetherness with the squad/management etc. Can I ask you to comment on what has happened behind the scenes in making this happen? The dust up/arguments have been well publicised but what is your understanding of events? Clearly Gerard has worked very hard to overcome them and I praise him for doing so. Up the Villa.

Steve.

Hi gen, Just a thought for a nice little earner for the club regarding away game screenings.

There are countless pubs and bars all over the city and country in fact that are now legally advertising and showing live prem games on satillite.

Rococo on broad steet is rammed packed every game, it takes ages to get served and the beer is not the best..

Answere is the holte suite full of villa and a nice curry! What you think?..

General Krulak here:

1. steve-67: Like many things, I think that the "dust-ups" were far overblown. The reality is that when things are not going exactly to plan, little things get taken out of context and blown out of proportion. My sense is that GH has been showing his excellence in many areas...the Transfer Window was just one. He is smart, very professional, he cares for his Players, and is willing to give everyone a chance. This makes a difference to those on the Squad. At the end of the day, we have a long season ahead and everyone understands that we will be much more effective pulling as one. Don't let yourself get caught up in what the media may or may not be reporting. We have a real winning spirit in the dressing room and at the training ground. The older players are providing strong leadership...the younger players are providing great energy and our new players are bringing added fire to the combination. We just need to keep focused on one game at a time and GH is doing just that.

2. I agree that the Holte Suite can be VERY important for both home and away.

General, can I just ask what's happened to Warnock please? Has he died or something?

It's just that, against Wigan we didn't have a single defender on the bench and had a young lad playing at left back (who did very well by the way!), and I thought that Warnock would have made the bench at least?

Is he being sold or has he just plain been dropped by Gerard?

Hi General

Would like to suggest something with regards to the seating arrangements at Villa Park if I may.

The atmosphere at Villa Park has been relatively subdued of late, which is obviously down to a number of things.

One of the things which I believe could be causing this, is the lack of interaction between home and away fans. When the away fans used to sit in the north stand lower, there used to be plenty of banter between the 2 sets of fans. However, since the away following has been moved to the Doug Ellis Stand, it is difficult to hear even the most vociforous of away fans when sat in the Holte end.

I'm not suggesting we go back to this, as it proved disadvantageous to team performance.

However, might it be an idea to move the away fans to the opposite end of the Doug Ellis stand. That way I think you'd foster a much more competitive atmosphere within the stadium.

Many thanks

Paul

General Krulak here:

1. Ticket sales: Right now we project about 26.7K at the Blackburn Rovers match and 35.5 for the Fulham match. As you can see, the numbers are not overwhelming...particularly for where we are in the "fight" and how much of a difference the Fans make. The away fans at Wigan were HUGE and I think the players responded to the support well after the match. We would obviously love to see more fans in the stadium...for two big reasons: 1) support for the Lads and 2) the obvious...revenue...which is critical if we are going to continue to move forward.

2. Away Fans and atmosphere: My sense is that we will not be moving the away fans right now....so far, in many respects, it has been a good move to date. I am convinced that our own Fans generate the atmosphere (following, of course, the performance on the Pitch.)

3. dudley_villa: Yes.

Hi General

Re: 26.7k at Blackburn - last season we played Brighton in the FA Cup and had near enough 40k in the ground as tickets were £5 child and £10 adult everywhere. What is the thought process behind £18 adult in Holte and £20 adult in Trinity? Surely if you want to pack the ground out and get as high attendance as possible you charge lower ticket price as it will balance itself out on a low attendance? Fans input is priceless to a game when an attendance could be boosted from 26k to 40k.

Thanks

Edit: Oh and I'm not sure I can afford £20 with all the away games I've been attending this season, nor can half of my mates. Would be more inclined to go if it was £10 or less. Personally I think it's a poor decision from the club.

Hi General,

Great to have you back and can you thank everyone at the club for what has been a highly successful transfer window so far. I just have one quick question, do you feel that Gerard Houiller may have rocked the boat a little top hard when he came to the club. While you obviously know a lot more about the behind the scenes comings and goings at the club than myself, it seems from an outsiders perspective that a few of the players, namely Ireland, Carew, Warnock etc. were upset with Houiller’s approach to the squad when he joined.

I don't expect you to come out and bad mouth the manager or any of the players past or presnt, but it just seems strange that at a club where we constantly heard a lot about "an exceptional dressing room atmosphere, where everyone got on so well" that we suddenly have two whole months of tears and tantrums. Can you clear up at all what happened between October and the end of December? Will these players like Warnock and Ireland ever play for Villa again? Whats happened to Beye?

I am not trying to stir up trouble by bringing this up, but I was at the Man City away game back in December, and just couldn't believe what I was seeing. I would love a bit of a explanation as to what was going on, so the whole fan base can move on and put those dark months behind us.

Thanks