The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Poor Trent has had to leave early for the day due to the workload required by this thread alone. So, with that in mind can you please all understand that ...

... if your post is not a question to the General then it will be deleted. No exceptions.

General Krulak here:

1. Good to be "home."

2. N. Stand development will not be affected by the recent signings.

3. We should know by tonight about MaKoun's work permit and visa. Obviously he would not play tomorrow as he has not had any practice with the Squad.

4. I know of no Club rules against social networking sites. We just need to trust the lads to do the right things.

5. Randy has not become uneasy about the press...positive or negative. You all know him pretty well by now...he will continue to let his actions speak for him. He will not be drawn into debates in the Press...that is just not him.

6. Club anthem: I have been pushing for some time for the fans to choose the anthem...we will be right along side of your choice.

7. The atmosphere at Bodymoor Heath has bordered on electric! The older players are welcoming the new like long lost brothers and the new players are very happy to be here. GH is obviously happy. Randy watched the first practice with Bent on Wednesday and felt really good about the entire Team and how they were reacting on the practice pitch. We have a good bunch of lads and they are going to give it their all.

Welcome back General, you have been missed and its a shame people felt the need to air their grievances on yuor forums and spoil such a great line of communications.

Anyway, I've asked before and I personally can't see a reason not to, but.... We were served Two Pint jugs at Blackburn away thus saving a return visit during the break to the inadequately small food/drink outlet, the like of which we are cursed with in the Holte End amongst others. Could the club not consider this queue busting idea? With simple and easy implementation!

Welcome back,

Any news on updating the ticketing site so we can pick exactly where we sit when we buy tickets? Wigan have the new system in place on the eticketing website which we run on, and I must say im pretty emabarrased to look at ours compared to theres!

Cheers

General

Can we fix the clock on the lower Holte Concourse please :lol:

and

This is serious to be fair. I have DB - I am ecstatic. I have always said, one huge mistake MOn made was takin away the No.9 from the forward. Is the rumour that Bent wanted 37 - but Houllier said 39 right, and if so, does this mean he wants Bent to be 9 - but obviously cant until next year.

And if its not - can you suggest it please.

and three - from your opening post about players giving their all. I understand if you can't answer this, but what is the score with Ireland ?. It is abundantly clear the guy has talent, he can pick a pass better than anyone at the club, including Ash etc. But - he's just doing nothing. Is there a reason for it we don't know about. Is he in the long term plans, or is this one of the players we may look to replace. Personally, I just can't fathom it.

Cheers - welcome back.

General,

how do the club feel about accusations from staff at Sunderland and Blackpool that Villa have not conducted business in the right way this January? Will the club take action against those making very clear accusations of illegal approaches made by Villa?

Seconding Pompey's point, will we be bringing legal action against Sunderland for their slanderous comments about our transfer dealing?

Hi General

Firstly welcome back I'm glad you've decided to return!

Will the club be offering a more spread out payment plan for next seasons season ticket? I know other clubs offer a 10/12month option obviously it costs more than buying it outright.

Finally if a group of season ticket holders want to relocate to the same area along with some others who will be new season tickets holders will the season tickets holders have to wait until the time when new applicants apply in order to guarantee sitting together?

cheers in advance

General Krulak here:

1. We will fix that clock...again!! Ireland is currently slightly injured and that is why he has not been seen on the Pitch.

2. The only environment-enhancing thing we have at football (NFL) games in the states is the "tail-gate parties"...cookouts.

3. The wage bill will always be an issue in football...it is a balancing act that all Clubs must negotiate. We have taken action to work on this issue and we are better off than before.

4. I don't intend to get into a discussion re. other Clubs. You know Randy and the Board...we will not do things that are improper.

5. Yes, the Club will again offer a spread-out payment plan for ST holders. Re. sitting together...you might want to get your group together and give Nicky a call and see what can be done. Obviously you will have to wait until pricing is decided.

Thanks for your reply General!

Any chance we can ban Oliver Holte (journo) from Villa Park? Ever since his pal walked out on us in the summer he has said nothing positive about us in fact he takes every opportunity to slate the club including Randy.

Thanks General.

Anyway what did you think of our reserves decimating (to use the military term ;) ) Arsenal's? Randy must have been proud that his investment in the youth is paying off!

Great to have you back General.

Great to see the spending that will so much to ease that threat of the drop and to hear GH in the press conference make it clear that Downing & Young will not be sold in this window to balance the books. We are as has been said not a selling club and need to put an end to selling our best players each season.

Can we look forward to the club looking to make a contract offer to Ashley that will be of the sort that Darren has moved to us for that could secure his services for future years and stop other clubs looking to get him on the cheap as his contract nears expiry?