The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General crack open the club Rolodex, for the Newcastle game you should assemble every former player with a love for Villa and disperse them throughout the stadium to encourage and fire up the fans so that they may do the same to the boys on the pitch.

General where are the points going t ocome from to keep us up? We need to win at least 3 games in 8 yet as you can see from Marks signature the manager has managed 6 from 25 - so what plans are there for relegation?

General Krulak here:

1. For the life of me I don't know what you want me to say. As a Director, you want me to discuss our plans for relegation???????? What kind of insanity is that? You want me discuss the manner in which a Manager is chosen...on an open web site???? You want me to comment on an article written by Lord knows who that contains, among other things, an inaccurate quote by me and that, at the end, wants more finger-pointing. Here is where I am at: we have HUGE games in front of us. I am NOT focused on finger-pointing, laying blame, anger at the Manager or anything other than WINNING!! I am behind the Team and the Manager...simple as that!!!

General,

I mean this is the nicest possible way, honest I do; but what is your purpose of being on these boards and others like it?

You can not talk about Transfers (rightly so), you refuse to talk about tactics/ team selections (again, reasonable) and you will never question anything about the team publicly for fear of press quotations.

Thus it leaves your musings/ conversations from simple issues regarding merchandise/ sales to utter ramblings like what is your favourite colour! Surely these kinds of questions should be directed directly at the shop/ ticket office rather than wasting your time.

If you want to see what Villa fans feel then simply viewing the boards rather than having a Q&A thread would make more sense than getting irate at Villa fans for being annoyed at the situation/ the manager.

All I'm suggesting, General, is that if, by your own admission, you can not really talk about things that fans REALLY want answers to then wouldn't you be best serving Aston Villa dealing with other things (like finding a new manager?! Sorry couldn't resist!)

I don't understand your 'purpose' as a Villa insider if you won't give answers to questions fans ask that they couldn't just as easily ask the ticket office with a quick phone call.

I am asking this as a genuine question and is not meant as attack at all - What do you view your role on these boards as being?

If it's just a fan then you need to be anonymous, if it's for evaluating fan feelings then just observe, if it's to give out Nicky Keye's number perhaps a Contact Page would be more time efficient but if it's as a route for the average fan to ask deep questions; what exactly can we ask that you can answer?

Thank you

General Krulak here:

1. For the life of me I don't know what you want me to say. As a Director, you want me to discuss our plans for relegation???????? What kind of insanity is that? You want me discuss the manner in which a Manager is chosen...on an open web site???? You want me to comment on an article written by Lord knows who that contains, among other things, an inaccurate quote by me and that, at the end, wants more finger-pointing. Here is where I am at: we have HUGE games in front of us. I am NOT focused on finger-pointing, laying blame, anger at the Manager or anything other than WINNING!! I am behind the Team and the Manager...simple as that!!!

Any news on the AVTV subscription issues General? Thanks.

General if you were in a battle, and your troops were stationed on the front-line. Would you as your commander think it was ever appropriate to leave them there?

Do you not agree with me that a leader should be there throughout the battle with his troops, at every possible opportunity, learning about the weakness and errors of their opponents?

General,

With the anthem recordings taking place on Monday night, is this something that will be used for our home games for the rest of the season or is it being kept for next season?

I sincerely hope we can get it ready for the Newcastle game at home.

Also, can we use the video avfcgoodie posted (

) for the 5 minutes leading up to kickoff as players are doing the handshake thing. It would make for superb entertainment for those few minutes when not much is really going on and really build the crowd up (and for the naysayers on Houllier, would atleast give the team a teamtalk ;) )

General,

First of all, thank you for contacting the club for me and passing on the message about the 'Bring A Scarf' campaign. The marketing team messaged me and I passed on the message to those who created the campaign.

Secondly, as other people have previously just mentioned I also think that you should

at Villa Park on match days. However, as a man who only recently put a motivating post on here about how we need to fight for everything at Everton, can you pass on this video to the club? I don't know what it's like in the dressing room, Houllier may be a good motivator, he might not be, we don't know because we have not a clue what goes on in that changing room before kick off. But I've just watched the video, it's one of the best motivational talks I have ever heard. Please ..... PLEASE ... before they players walk out against Newcastle to see all the thousands of scarves waving, can you please ask for this video to be played to the entire team before they walk out?

By watching that video and seeing the support in the stands on April 10th, there is no way in hell that our players will not be up for the game. Please pass on that video, it is truly amazing and I would absolutely love for all of the players and Gerard Houllier and Gary Mac to see it as well.

We're Aston Villa! We're not a team who has come up to the Premiership a few years ago and we're trying to survive for as long as possible; we're one of the few teams who have been in this league since it began and we're not going anywhere!

Get the players pumped up! Show them that video and then it's time for Aston Villa to go to war!

We are the 12th man! But we need the players to be those first 11 men too! Get that video blasting out in the changing room on a big screen before kick off because if we have to get those players motivated ourselves then that's what we'll do! We're not going anywhere! Aston Villa are staying in the Premier League!!!

Thanks

Hi General

Is there any chance we can get a players injury & suspension section on the official website. Other clubs do this and, if i remember correctly, so did Villa until the website got a makeover a couple of years ago. Its hard to find details of injurys and how long players will be out for (Andreas Weimann last season for example) so this could be quite a useful page.

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. I think the motivation video is SUPERB and I know that Paul Faulkner is going to be posting it on multiple sites and locations.

2. I will see if I can get the injury/suspension section updated.

3. I want to ensure that everyone understands the following: I came on these sites for two reasons: 1) The Villa and 2) the Fans. In my opinion, these two are inextricably linked! The Fans are the heart and soul of this Club and they pump the blood of inspiration to the Players. I cannot thank the Fans enough for their ongoing support. We have some HUGE games upcoming and I know the Fans will continue to provide their superb support. For this, I thank you and Randy thanks you....but more importantly, YOUR Club supports you!!

General,

Would you say its possible to be anti the manager but still be 100% behind the players? I ask this as it seems the club is going with a PR campaign at the moment where by the fans are being asked to back the club, inspire/motivate/instil belief in to the players and the impression being given is any one anti manager is anti club/team.

Mark

General thanks for that bit about why you came on this and other sites. Could you just confirm for me when you did decide to come on these sites, what type of questions were you expecting to receive?

General Krulak here:

1. I think the motivation video is SUPERB and I know that Paul Faulkner is going to be posting it on multiple sites and locations.

2. I will see if I can get the injury/suspension section updated.

3. I want to ensure that everyone understands the following: I came on these sites for two reasons: 1) The Villa and 2) the Fans. In my opinion, these two are inextricably linked! The Fans are the heart and soul of this Club and they pump the blood of inspiration to the Players. I cannot thank the Fans enough for their ongoing support. We have some HUGE games upcoming and I know the Fans will continue to provide their superb support. For this, I thank you and Randy thanks you....but more importantly, YOUR Club supports you!!

I am in the trenches with you and so will all the others who will turn up on Monday and do our bit I am putting my concerns over GH to one side until we stop up then we can have the inquest . The Video was used by the British Cycling team and if you see what they did in the last Olmypics they did fairly well . This would be one hell of a team talk but it's how we feel yep I am worried sick about relegation but so are another 8 sets of fans aswell . We just need to go that extra mile but it will only be achieved inch by inch which means collectively

General do you not finding it embarrassing that we need Internet campaigns and an edited video to try and get the fans fully behind the team?

I can't remember the last time it was like this. I said in another thread, if you had provided us with a manager we could respect then all this would come naturally. I'm also with Mark, I'll be there and I'll be supporting but in no way shape or form does my support or cheering indicate i want houllier to have anything to do with this club.

General your voice over on that video was pretty good :) But why would the club send out that video to media sources regarding our last 8 games but it features Carew, Ireland, Bannan and Nathan Delf and none of those are at the club to be involved?

Hi General,

Two things: firstly you didn't really answer the question I posed: you say you're here for the fans but in what way exactly if you can't really answer any questions that couldn't be as simply asked of the ticket office/ shop.

Secondly, managers were asked what the most important thing was to be a top manager in this country. Of all those who replied, this was the response:

1. Man management skills 53%

2. Knowledge of football 27%

3. Experience 7%

4. Luck 7%

5. Tactical know-how 0%

6. Managing the board 0%

7. Other 7%

I think most people would have to agree that man-management MUST be Houllier's weak point. Knowledge of football and experience, yes. Luck - well I certainly hope he gets a lot in next few weeks.