Shoody

Anthem Choice  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Anthem Choice

• The Bells are Ringing
    • Ghost Riders
    • Stand by Me

General:

6. Club anthem: I have been pushing for some time for the fans to choose the anthem...we will be right along side of your choice.

I really can see this working! We just need to chose an anthem that the majority of fans like! either Ghost Riders or Stand by me, IMO.

The Cash version of Ghost Riders won't work because the "yippee yi aaaay, yippee yi oooohhh" is the wrong way round to how we sing it.

may the PA guy could mute it while we sing that bit?

Or we could use one of the many other versions of it that don't alter the way it's meant to be sung?

It's not like the club has a connection to Cash, or his version is the original (or even the best IMO).

My missus (who thinks she is a bit of a songwriter on the quiet) is busy re-writing Robbie Williams' 'Feel' at the mo but in the meantime she has penned this little ditty......

(sung to daisy daisy - bloody hell...)

Villa, Villa,

Up with the claret and blue

Villa, Villa

Oh how we do love you

You’re in our hearts and minds

We wear our scarves with pride

And we will score

When the Lions roar

It’s Villa for ever more

not quite an anthem but first attemp ;)

Thunderstruck - ac/dc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-f1cwycSWq0

Just change "Thunder" to Villa. Would be awesome.

Edit - could even make the guitar solo the music players walk out to.

I tried to get a new anthem going a while ago with that clapping tune from one of the German clubs FC Cologne I think- we wrote words & everything but people argued over the choice, so it soon got dropped.

The first part of this ACDC track would be awesome & save anyone learning words like you say chant "Villa" instead of Thunder!..

Stand by Me would be a really good choice. Has anyone adapted any words or anything?

However I will support ANYTHING that is chosen...but for goodness sake let's make a decision & get everyone behind it with the club's support. Some of us have been banging on about how this is the ONE thing lacking at VP.

If it's Bells are Ringing or Holtenders in the Sky then that's fine, let's just everyone & H & V etc make a choice & stick with it.

I think this is a fantastic idea of trying to get this done.

I think the best suggestion has defernatly got to be 'Stand by me'

Other ideas could possibly be a song from a Villa artist. Maybe a Twang song or even something from Ash?

Also, when do you plan on starting to get this going, and how do you plan on getting it going? After all talk is of course cheap!

thanks julie. not too sure that would make a good anthem, good chant, but probably not anthem. im all for Stand by me or ghostriders whichever one it may be.

also agree with you there Julie, all the fansites and facebook group need to be agreed on one.

Â