Project Anthem [Poll Added To OP]

Shoody

Anthem Choice  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Anthem Choice

• The Bells are Ringing
    • Ghost Riders
    • Stand by Me

to the people that think this is an embarrassing idea and do not wish to participate in this project, then can you move onto another thread because we would not like to hear the criticism and negative attitudes. i believe that what we are trying to achieve here is brilliant and that it would improve the atmosphere astonishingly. Plus it would give VT a pretty good press too, 'the forum that founded the AVFC anthem' :D

Okay. Good luck. Genuinely. :)

thank you :)

Hows about True Love Ways by Buddy Holly?

Just you know why

why you and I

will by and by

know true love ways

Sometimes we'll sigh

sometimes we'll cry

but you'll know why

just you and I

know true love ways

Throughout the days

those true love ways

will bring us joys to share

with those who really care

Sometimes we'll sigh

sometimes we'll cry

but you'll know why

just you and I

know true love ways

It's an easy tune to remember, is a BIG song (you can really shout it out with passion) and perhaps more importantly the sentiment of the song being about true love despite the ups and downs of life, rings true for football as well.

Or maybe i'm just a soft bastard!!!

(oh hello by the way - first post!!)

Technically speaking, in order for this to work properly, the chosen song must fit the following criteria:

1. Little or No changing of the original lyrics. (More people can sing along instantly, and it removes the cheese factor)

2. The tune must be carried in the vocals and not rely on instruments or percussion.

3. Song should be well known.

4. Slow paced songs work best.

I really like stand by me, it has a great sentiment, but it'd be too difficult for 40,000 people to sing in unison - and it would almost certainly rise in tempo with no backing track. When you hear You'll Never Walk Alone, they sing it slowly and passionately.

The best short term solution would be to sing Ghost Riders (Holte Enders) Chorus over and over at the tempo of the original - I think that would be really haunting.

Technically speaking, in order for this to work properly, the chosen song must fit the following criteria:

1. Little or No changing of the original lyrics. (More people can sing along instantly, and it removes the cheese factor)

2. The tune must be carried in the vocals and not rely on instruments or percussion.

3. Song should be well known.

4. Slow paced songs work best.

I really like stand by me, it has a great sentiment, but it'd be too difficult for 40,000 people to sing in unison - and it would almost certainly rise in tempo with no backing track. When you hear You'll Never Walk Alone, they sing it slowly and passionately.

The best short term solution would be to sing Ghost Riders (Holte Enders) Chorus over and over at the tempo of the original - I think that would be really haunting.

Don´t they sing "You never walk alone" with Gerry Marsden who help them with the tempo? I think we need to have the same at least in the start, whatever tune we choose.

I always liked Arcade Fire's "Wake Up" that we had a while back. The chorus didn't really have words, but it was easy enough for people to sing along to.

i think some people are miscontruing the aims of this thread. we can't make 'wake up' the club anthem of AVFC. that was just a song that was played over the PA for no real reason.

there was a post a couple of pages back saying the idea of sheets with the lyrics on was cringeworthy and whilst i see where you're coming from, i doubt that anthems such as YNWA or indeed 'keep right on (to the championship') just happened to materialise on one afternoon when everyone happened to, by chance, know all the words etc.

once again, ghost riders gets my wholehearted backing. think its absolutely perfect.

Â