Project Anthem [Poll Added To OP]

Shoody

Anthem Choice  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Anthem Choice

• The Bells are Ringing
    • Ghost Riders
    • Stand by Me

Who is it who comes out to Duel of the Fates from Star Wars Episode 1? They have the right idea. We should come out to something cinematic and powerful like that, not really a theme people could sing along to though I suppose.

Could be worse, we could be Man City with Blue Moon, I hate that song with a passion.

Would love to hear this blaring over the PA as our lads ran onto the field...

I think Holte Enders in the Sky, and The Bells Are Ringing should BOTH be started back up.

Any other ideas for an anthem.

If we make up a list, maybe we could get a poll?

is the Brigada 1874 group thingy still going? Because we could contact them.

Always been massively in favour of having an anthem song....imagine 40k+ and 50k+ when new stand is built singing that johnny cash song, it would make the hairs on my neck stand up....

I can't remember the words though...

Perhaps the club could stick the words/lyrics in the programme?

I have thought for so long that we should have our own "anthem". Brilliant to bring this to a thread. Going round the grounds, VP has one of the worst pre-match atmospheres of any. Quite a few play the same series of songs leading up to the team coming out tune. eg Liverpool - Fields of Anfield Road and YNWA, Everton - Grand Old Team thing and Z-Cars, even Blooz play Mr Blue Sky and then The Tamperer (which I must admit is a great tune to come out to) - maybe if we had a selection of tunes and possible coming out on to the field tunes, we could have maybe the top three played to build up to the final coming out tune - but please scrapt that awful shrieking that we come out to now - it's dreadful.

(I still think Marillion Assassing has one of the best intros and could be great to come out to). I am all in favour of this, we need to build up the pre-match atmosphere in my opinion. Let's have some ideas and a Poll. - Sorry I can't think of anything other than the one I've said for running out to at the moment. We need more Rock tunes though I think

Hymn tunes are often very good - in fact don't Charlton fans sing a hymn (forget which one) "straight" at their games? I'm not suggesting that, just that it's the type of tune that tends to work.

The boggies do 'The Lord is my Shepard' dont they?

Yes, that's it. Dunno why I had Charlton in my head.

Hymn tunes are great, but I want nothing to do with religious lyrics! :lol:

BTW music for the team to run out to is a completely different topic to fan-sung anthems.

The problem with Holte enders in the Sky is you'd be isolating the other 3 stands in the ground. It needs to be a song about aston Villa for all villa supporters not just for those lucky enough to sit in the holte End.

the other issue is the apathy and looks you get fromthose around you if you did want to stand up and sing in parts of the ground and even th eholte. the Brigada should make themselves useful like real ultras and anyone who doesnt join in should be made to by a chav with a handkerchief covering their face...;)

and i still think someone in brigada should take the role of pissed up, mad italian / spanish man at the front with top off facing the holte with a megaphobne getting the songs going!! propa ultras!!

The problem with Holte enders in the Sky is you'd be isolating the other 3 stands in the ground. It needs to be a song about aston Villa for all villa supporters not just for those lucky enough to sit in the holte End.

Important not to isolate the walls of noise that are the Trinity and the Doug Ellis eh? :D

Seriously, people aren't going to 'research' on youtube and learn the words to a song to sing at the football. Not most people anyway, who go along to the game as a tradition, a few beers, a sing, a shout, a laugh with the lads, cheer the team on and some chips on the way home.

'Songsheets' and the like... the idea makes my skin crawl, and I'd have the piss ripped out of me for weeks, rightly, by my mates if the club tried to get an anthem going via the programme or songsheets or something. Imagine if SHA did that, we'd be ripping it out of them!

Yes we need a unique and recognisable chant from the supporters. How about keeping it simple yet meaningful. I have changed some of the words and moved the verses around but here goes.

To the tune of ‘There’ll Always Be An England’

There'll always be a Villa,

While there's a busy street,

Wherever there's a turning wheel,

A million marching feet.

There'll always be a Villa,

While there's a football game,

Wherever there's a match to play,

You’ll always hear our name.

(Then just keep chanting: Villa, Villa, Villa, Villa etc. etc. until the chant fades.)

to the people that think this is an embarrassing idea and do not wish to participate in this project, then can you move onto another thread because we would not like to hear the criticism and negative attitudes. i believe that what we are trying to achieve here is brilliant and that it would improve the atmosphere astonishingly. Plus it would give VT a pretty good press too, 'the forum that founded the AVFC anthem' :D

to the people that think this is an embarrassing idea and do not wish to participate in this project, then can you move onto another thread because we would not like to hear the criticism and negative attitudes. i believe that what we are trying to achieve here is brilliant and that it would improve the atmosphere astonishingly. Plus it would give VT a pretty good press too, 'the forum that founded the AVFC anthem' :D

Come on now, we want something that every Villa fan will love and be proud of. A few people have expressed doubt, and thats totally fair enough.

Okay. Good luck. Genuinely. :)

Â