Project Anthem [Poll Added To OP]

Shoody

Anthem Choice  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Anthem Choice

• The Bells are Ringing
    • Ghost Riders
    • Stand by Me

Now, i'm no Coldplay fan, but, I do think "Viva La Vida" being sung by 40k would go down well. OK it would have to be shortened, maybe 1st verse and chorus x2. Ireckon it'd work though.

Also "Iris" by the Goo-Goo Dolls, slow paced passionate and can be used without changing words. Verses aren't too long either.

Thats my two penneth...

The problem with Holte enders in the Sky is you'd be isolating the other 3 stands in the ground. It needs to be a song about aston Villa for all villa supporters not just for those lucky enough to sit in the holte End.

Maybe the chorus could be repeated several times, starting with 'Holte enders in the Sky.'

Then maybe 'Trinity Enders in the Sky,' or 'Ellis Enders in the Sky'

This might encourage the other stands to join in, and in particular, do their part when their stand is mentioned.

Now, i'm no Coldplay fan, but, I do think "Viva La Vida" being sung by 40k would go down well. OK it would have to be shortened, maybe 1st verse and chorus x2. Ireckon it'd work though.

Also "Iris" by the Goo-Goo Dolls, slow paced passionate and can be used without changing words. Verses aren't too long either.

Thats my two penneth...

i think i'd throw myself off the holte before singing these two, sorry. that aside i dont think i'd back myself to pull off the falsetto in viva la vida :(

THE BELLS ARE RINGING FORTHE CLARET AND BLUE

THE FANS ARE SINGING FOR THE CLARET AND BLUE

EVERYONE IS GOIING

TO THE VILLA THEY'RE GOING

AND THE VILLA ARE SHOWING THEY,RE THE BEST IN THE LAND..BEST IN THE LAND

EVERYBODY NOW AFTER ME..........

This. Simple. Unique. Traditional.

Dunno why it never gets sung.

My personal fave.

I don't mind the Stand By Me suggestion either, the words are probably more fitting, however without some guidance the tempo of the song may easily be mixed up.

You get them to play the real tune over the PA for the first few seconds, then the crowd takes over with the tempo set

If I had to choose, It'd be stand by me just cause I like the song and think it's very easy to remember, I knew the words anyway to be honest. Just weird really, although after 5/10 years, it'd be recognised and it'd become normal!

Sorted, then!

"STAND BY ME".....learn it, sing it loud, wooot!

Oh No, I just hate Stand by Me (except the Oasis one) - I presume you're on about the Ben E King / John Lennon Stand by Me and not the Oasis one? Still if it were to be that, and we adopted it as our "Anthem" then so be it - I guess I would get to like it. We definitely need an Anthem (and new run out music)

Thats my two penneth...

No offence, but these are horrendous suggestions.

There's no point in adopting an anthem for the sake of it if it's not related. Stoke have Delilah and it just embarrasing because they wanted an anthem they chose that. If we were to adopt an anthem it should either be, the bells are ringing, ghostriders in the sky, or hi ho silver lining. I'd go with the bells are ringing.

THEeeeeeeeeeeeee........... BELLS ARE RINGING FOR CLARET AND BLUE

EVERYBODY START SINGING FOR THE CLARET AND BLUE

EVERY VILLAN IS KNOWING

TO VILLA PARK WERE GOING

ASTON VILLA ARE SHOWING WERE THE BEST IN THE LAND.

EVERYBODY UP STANDING FOR THE CLARET AND BLUE

THE BELLS ARE RINGING.............REPEAT.

I'm just going to put War Pigs on my iPod really loud whatever is played on the PA, this Coldplay and Stand By Me stuff can knob off

I will work on some Villa adjusted lyrics, I think it'll work...

Now the villlla have the powerrrrrr

Hand of god has struck the hourrrr

Day of judgement, GOD is callinnng

On their knees the blue nose crawlinng

:lol:

Â