Project Anthem [Poll Added To OP]

Shoody

Anthem Choice  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Anthem Choice

• The Bells are Ringing
    • Ghost Riders
    • Stand by Me

some people dont like this,some dont like that. by the sound of things its going to be quite hard to find a song/anthem everyone will agree on.

I really would like this to come off a I'm just wondering whether or not avfc would play one. if we went to them with our research and that I think they probably would :)

I quite likedb Julie B's Viva Colonia/Aston Villa idea from a few years back.

If not then Jerusalem or we are Sailing are two off the top of my head.

Jerusalem would be great but see it more as a rugby type of song like swing low.

I always remember the Bells are ringing from the standing days in the holte.

what ever anthem is chosen i think from 2.40 until kick off should be villa songs over the P.A. I seem to remember a song about Rotterdam a good few years ago which had a chorus that included "aston villa are the greatest football team, so come on you lions (x2),aston villa are the greatest football team" or somethinglike that lol

what ever anthem is chosen i think from 2.40 until kick off should be villa songs over the P.A. I seem to remember a song about Rotterdam a good few years ago which had a chorus that included "aston villa are the greatest football team, so come on you lions (x2),aston villa are the greatest football team" or somethinglike that lol

"When Denis Mortimer lift's the cup , Triumphant Villa fans erupt, shout Villa ...Aston Villa...(Cause We're gonna win the cup in Rot-ter-dam)"

I had it it on casette sometime during the early 90's. I haven't got a clue who sang it.

Â