Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have any of you genuinely watched Darren Bent carefully for a series of games? And if so, are you pleased with this deal?

Yeah. He's not worth up to £24m, but IF we build our attack around him he'll do well. Well enough to justify the fee, remains to be seen.

This thread probably gives a more balanced view of him around here, people are getting a bit excited at the moment.

Have any of you genuinely watched Darren Bent carefully for a series of games? And if so, are you pleased with this deal?

Yep.

he's not playing that well this season, but still has 8 league goals in 20 appearances.

Gyan, who many are saying is much better, has 7 in 19 appearances.

And that's with Bent "not playing well".

The fee is huge, too much. But in terms of the player we're getting, i'm very happy.

Seen him a few times at Villa Park and the rest tv.

The last game at Villa Park he showed how he can lose his marker, not saying a lot with our defence but hey. Always found space and seems to be in the right place right time. He should have scored but for a good goaline block by Collins.

Is he worth 18m + add ons...time will tell but probabaly yes. 26 years old. coming into his prime. I like him a lot.

the media hates the villa SSN dont give a toss about this, if it was a cockney club they would be live from outside the training ground all day.

Feeling is mutual. I hate most of the media, and don't give a toss about SSN! :)

the media hates the villa SSN dont give a toss about this, if it was a cockney club they would be live from outside the training ground all day.

You sound like a Bluemoon poster complaining about media treatment. This was the headline story for pretty much the whole of yesterday. They had people reporting from both Sunderland and Birmingham.

Yep.

he's not playing that well this season, but still has 8 league goals in 20 appearances.

Gyan, who many are saying is much better, has 7 in 19 appearances.

And that's with Bent "not playing well".

The fee is huge, too much. But in terms of the player we're getting, i'm very happy.

3 of Bent's goals are penalties. If Gyan is completely rubbish at pens then fair enough, but it could well be 5 for Bent and 10 for Gyan if he had been taking pens. I can see why some Sunderland fans would be happier with Gyan on this seasons form.

Yes and yes.

I don't care if he has no footballing ability whatsoever, the fatc of the matter is he scores goals, and that is what we desperately need. we must create and spurn more chances than anyone. If we saw all the home games we failed to win last year, if he had won us 25% of them majorly frustrating occassions (which I believe he would of), we would be playing champions league football this year.