Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

For anyone who's interested

here is a thread form the Sunderland board. First 10 pages are abuse to the ITK who posted the rumour. Bottom of page 10 it begins to dawn on them that it's actually true. Quite amusing reading from then on.

Thats brilliant. So much like Villa talk!!!

This is brilliant.

Although I'd hate to look at the rumours when Milner was on the verge to sign for Man City.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm in the office just thought I'd check in see what was happening after a long meeting this morning.

Naively convinced myself it would all be done & dusted by now... then I remembered I'm a Villa fan & it ALWAYS takes ages!!

Where did Chelsea come into this?
Some half assed rumour on talksport.

I think I'm developing a new hate for Chris Herd as every time I load up the OS hoping for a picture of Bent in a crappy jumper I see his bloody face.

Where did Chelsea come into this?

Rumour started at around 7pm last night, that they had also offered 18m for Bent which had been accepted. So Bent was on his way down to London to talk with them too, even though he had agreed our terms.

Unsure how true that is, and it has been suggested that the Bent deal is already done and they are just dealing with the formalities now.. but it's still a worry, especially as his main reason for leaving Sunderland is to spend more time in London. We won't know until official confirmation now.

Starting to Wonder why it is taking so long. I'm caught in two minds about it as it may mean there may be a shock double signing/ announcment or it may be he's considering other options.

Oh the suspense!

After this is all over i think im going to need a lie down....

Well, I didn't have the chance to comment up to this point and as this discussion is now on its 102nd page I will say only that - Bent is a good footballer. Still, splashing 18 or 24 Million on him is sheer stupidity. This is silly money that could be much better spent on great footballers who are not English and cost less. van der Vaart is the best lesson - Spurs got him for 8!

We could have bought a prolific goalscorer such as Miroslav Klose for about 3 or 4, for instance. We keep on looking for English players who cost way over their real value. With 18 Million we could have bought, I guess, the two leading strikers of Villarreal. I hate this!

Starting to Wonder why it is taking so long. I'm caught in two minds about it as it may mean there may be a shock double signing/ announcment or it may be he's considering other options.

Oh the suspense!

After this is all over i think im going to need a lie down....

Taking long? 24 hours ago none of us had a clue this was even on the table. To be honest, this is one of the quickest 'big' signings I've ever known during my time supporting the Villa.