Signed: Darren Bent £18m rising to £24m with add on's

dudevillaisnice

Collymore's what is going to be made public soon think Stanley might be a little peeved :| . You were never a legend you were a let down but you are a decent pundit but without doubt one mixed up bloke outside of football .

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Bent be joining us if downing and Ash wereleavong. Utter bollacks, if you remove sidwell, carew, beye and the

Rest of the fodder, you'd easily bring the wage bill down, even taking into account a flirt of signings, plus we won't miss them because of our youth.

Bent had a preliminary scan at Bupa Little Aston at 6.40pm.

I told Mat Kendrick and he said it would be in tally with where they are in the process of it happening. It's just a matter of time now, everything is agreed. Welcome to Aston Villa, Darren.

Still all whispers and rumours imo.

Something this big as i said before, Villa could **** up.

I trust where my information comes from though so I wouldn't exactly call it whispers and rumours

Somebody fill me in :'( I feel so left out!

How do we know he is in Brum? Could be on a shopping trip at the bullring tomoz as far as we know... And also, what were MMs other comments? Annnnd, are we losing Downing?

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,392398,page=1

'its not fair because....because.... they are better than us and he wouldnt want to play for us'

:lol:

first time i've ever been on a bluenose forum - feel really sorry for the poor little mites now - they sound so sorry for them selves.... :D:D:D

I liked the bit where they said that they were a medium club and villa are a big club :)

Reading that thread it struck me how less delusional they were than some supporters on other forums (cough)

Unless it's just a forum of the top 10 most articulate 'noses......

http://www.smallheathalliance.com/read.php?1,392398,page=1

'its not fair because....because.... they are better than us and he wouldnt want to play for us'

:lol:

first time i've ever been on a bluenose forum - feel really sorry for the poor little mites now - they sound so sorry for them selves.... :D:D:D

I liked the bit where they said that they were a medium club and villa are a big club :)

Reading that thread it struck me how less delusional they were than some supporters on other forums (cough)

Unless it's just a forum of the top 10 most articulate 'noses......

They are all just so funny!!

Somebody fill me in :'( I feel so left out!

How do we know he is in Brum? Could be on a shopping trip at the bullring tomoz as far as we know... And also, what were MMs other comments? Annnnd, are we losing Downing?

was working all day so same as tayls can somebody fill me in on todays happening and what is exactly the latest please?

Collymore's what is going to be made public soon think Stanley might be a little peeved :| .

Not sure I quite get what you mean there MM

Something about Collymore is going to be made public or something Villa is that will peeve him ?

Bent had a preliminary scan at Bupa Little Aston at 6.40pm.

I told Mat Kendrick and he said it would be in tally with where they are in the process of it happening. It's just a matter of time now, everything is agreed. Welcome to Aston Villa, Darren.

err, thanks. Although I've been a supporter for a lon...

oh.

With MM talk about chairs

I reckon we could still be in for wheater

i reckon bent, adam, spahic and another loan in before the window closes

Loan?

Milner!!!!

Okay, so he won't leave the bench..........

(Anyone seen Joey Barton today?)

Collymore's what is going to be made public soon think Stanley might be a little peeved :| . You were never a legend you were a let down but you are a decent pundit but without doubt one mixed up bloke outside of football .

Has he beaten up ANOTHER girlfriend then?

I always thought Stan had major issues, and even playing for his boyhood heroes was'nt good enough.

I dont mind Bent but that is ALOT of money. Im just trying to think we could probably get a foreigner for alot less.

But im really happy that Randy are supporting Gerrard. I think if we survive this season. Houllier will get us flying again.. if not a late run this season! We have a good run after January.

Sorry to seem like I am picking on you KSV but this kind of reaction really winds me up. We have moaned as a collective for God knows how long about us needing a striker, a proven goalscorer, one who costs a lot of money and not £4m like Marlon **** Harewood and we go and show this initiative and STILL people pick faults in it! Bloody hell mate, the guy won't need time to adjust to the English Premier League like all the foreign strikers do. He's proven and I don't give a **** if he goes on to sign for us and not score a goal, this signing would be amazing for our club at this time.

How many goals does the amazing Fernando Torres have in the Premier League this season? 7 in 23 games. Bent has 11 in 23 games. The career stats are Torres 170 goals in 388 games = a goal every 2.28 games. Bent's are 153 goals in 362 games = a goal every 2.36 games. Yeah Torres' stats are marginally better but he has spent his hole career at Athletico Madrid and Liverpool surrounded by top quality players. Bent spent the first 220 games of his career surrounded by average players at Ipswich and Charlton! His last 142 games at Spurs and Sunderland have seen him score 61 goals = a goal every 2.32 games. His fee may seem astronomical to some but Torres would arguably cost a hell of a lot more but would he give us a hell of a lot more in terms of goals scored?

People are so blinkered and fascinated in foreign players and names and it really winds me up. Since 2005 Bent has scored 81 league goals, second only to Rooney and Drogba who have apparently scored 82 each! If we were supposed to be signing either of those tonight how much would we be paying for them? A lot more than £18m I bet and for what? one more goal?

Someone said to me that Bent doesn't do much except score goals. I tell you what, I don't care if the guy sits on his arse for 85 minutes of the game just as long as he keeps that scoring record the same during his stay at the Villa!

I don't want Villa to go and spend £18m on some fancy foreign "star" just because he has a fancy name. Who knows whether that type of player will settle in England or adjust to our pace of the game etc? There are so many questions to answer and I would rather we didn't take those risks. I want Villa to sign me a striker who has proven goalscoring talent and who will give us a real goal threat and in Darren Bent I believe we will have that.

By the way, I think all doubters should apologise to Mysteryman. He came on here on Friday and suggested that Villa were going to make a club record signing of a striker who would be almost guaranteed to score a lot of goals every season. He was proven right and for that he deserves an apology. Too many people are quick to dismiss people as bullshitters when they don't even know them and it's unfair.

I also wanted to point out that this deal has probably cost us nothing. Think about the fees we have brought in from the sales of Gardner, Milner, Sidwell. Add to that the amount of salaries we are saving on Bouma, O'Halloran, Sidwell, Gardner and that would have paid for Makoun and Bent comfortably. Then the wages. They will probably earn a combined weekly wage of around £100,000 - £120,000 well that's going to be well contributed to when we get rid of Carew and NRC and maybe Heskey. The fee is not the major issue here at all. The major issue is that Villa are (hopefully) going to sign someone who knows how to put the ball into the net.