Ronaldo V Messi

wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

Messi, scores and creates more. More of a team player too. I think Messi is in a league of his own really.

To be honest put Messi in the United team and I think he'd score 30 league goals and create double figures too. Messi is strong and has brilliant balance, so the physical side of game, It doesn't really affect him. There is no way teams could double mark him when likes of Nani, Rooney, Berbatov are also playing. Like the West Brom United played, if Messi would have played, he'd of hat a hatful, it was pretty open.

I'm not going to vote on what I think would happen, I'll vote simply on their la liga showings and so obviously Messi.

What is clear to me though is you can't have the best players in the world and win things internationally, look at Messi/Ronaldo, both international records aren't as good as club records.

but yes, Messi, by a fairly comfortable distance.

messi any day of the week

mainly because ronaldo always IMO seems more interested in himself than the team, the penalty miss followed by not celebrating with the guy who smashed it in for madrid, the moscow penalty miss then sitting by himself etc plus when was the last time you saw messi do 6 step overs beat a man drag it back then beat him again? he doesnt, not because he cant but because he's not a clearing in the woods

also i disagree with the comments that he wouldnt cut it in the more physical prem, ive never seen a player in the prem take kicks like messi has to, the year when madrid had every player in the team kick him in the opening 10 mins was a joke

Ronaldo is not fit to wipe shit off Messi's boots.

Messi is simply breathtaking, Ronaldo just has a few tricks.

Messi isn't in another league to every other footballer, he's on a different planet. The stuff he can do defies belief.

45 goals in 46 games for Madrid says he is better than Xavi and Iniesta!

different players completely and cant really compare them.

Exactly. Iniesta and Xavi aren't goalscorers, particularly Xavi. In fact, those two and Messi are the best three players in the world, for me. Ronaldo is one of the few players who's in their bracket imo, but Messi stands out.

As I said in a previous thread, I believe that if Messi wins a World Cup, he'll go down as the greatest footballer of all time.

For me, Xavi & Iniesta are players equal to Ronaldo, with Messi in a level all on his own.

As some have mentioned, different players. The recent WC says it all - Xavi and Iniesta are who make Messi tick.

Messi. Though you are asking me to chose between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

Why? Well I think you have to build your team around Ronaldo in order to get the best out of him. He will smash teams to pieces if given the right service, but I think Messi could just slot into any team and make it much better.

As some have mentioned, different players. The recent WC says it all - Xavi and Iniesta are who make Messi tick.

But Messi had a good world cup?

Messi. Though you are asking me to chose between a Ferrari and a Lamborghini.

Why? Well I think you have to build your team around Ronaldo in order to get the best out of him. He will smash teams to pieces if given the right service, but I think Messi could just slot into any team and make it much better.

But Messi had a good world cup?

Basically what I'm trying to say is that it is quite unfair to say that Xavi etc are poorer players than Messi - because they play different but crucial roles for their team.

The thing is though, I believe Messi could do the role Xavi and Iniesta maybe not better but near similar where as they couldn't do his role. Messi's passing is fantastic but obviously he scores so many goals, beats so many people, it's not seen as one of key attributes when in fact he can spot a pass just as similar to likes of Iniesta.

Messi's world cup got unbelievably over-hyped as a 'bad world cup'....maybe by his standards but if you actually watch the games, he was still the best player on the pitch in most the matches.

You need a team in football to win things, Argentina wasn't that. Spain won it because from defence to attack, they had the best team, a machine. As did why Germany do so well. Individuals might have great tournaments but they can't win it alone anymore.

The thing is though, I believe Messi could do the role Xavi and Iniesta maybe not better but near similar where as they couldn't do his role. Messi's passing is fantastic but obviously he scores so many goals, beats so many people, it's not seen as one of key attributes when in fact he can spot a pass just as similar to likes of Iniesta.

I dont think any player can do the Xavi role. He is the best centre midfielder of all time and controls the rhythm and tempo for arguably 2 of the best teams of all time.

Messi is good but Xavi is on another level. The guy is so intelligent

Xavi is not on another planet to Messi. Xavi is a wonderful player, 2nd best in the world.

But when Xavi himself and also Guardiola claims Messi is the best. I know who is the best.

Every player needs the right players and system around them, including Xavi. He's said it before, it's no different with any other player.

all of them 5 yards sideways...

I kid! in terms of passing ability id say they are more or less the same IMO but xavi has this crazy spiderman esque sense of when danger is coming he just turns and steps away from trouble, i slightly disagree zatman iniesta isnt far off doing what xavi can do, messi is still better than both of them though

Xavi is not on another planet to Messi. Xavi is a wonderful player, 2nd best in the world.

But when Xavi himself and also Guardiola claims Messi is the best. I know who is the best.

Every player needs the right players and system around them, including Xavi. He's said it before, it's no different with any other player.

But you claimed Messi could perform in Xavi's role to a "near similar" standard. Although you still clearly rate Xavi very highly, I think Zatman's main point was to disagree with this, and I concur. No-one in the world, Messi included, could perform as well as Xavi in his role.

But you claimed Messi could perform in Xavi's role to a "near similar" standard. Although you still clearly rate Xavi very highly, I think Zatman's main point was to disagree with this, and I concur. No-one in the world, Messi included, could perform as well as Xavi in his role.

Here seems as good a place as any to revisit the hilarious Daily Mail headline from two years ago. If proof were needed that they seldom if ever know what they are talking about.

Bunch of dimwits

Oh, I thought he meant generally. Well I said near similar, which is just below ;) I do think he could do that role, having said that, I think to reach Xavi's level, he'd of needed to play there younger and grew into the role, rather than if he played there right now.

Obviously though, limiting Messi to that role would be stupid.

Â