415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a positive. I am probably one of Houlliers biggest critics on here but there were a lot more positives from today. Lets just concentrate on getting out of this mess. I'm sure the players will carry forward some confidence after that result and it will help.

So seeing as this poll was created after losing a game, can it be reset after we've won a game?

The results would be interesting?

I'm sure another poll will come along in due course.

I hope so, it was created straight after losing to Sunderland, so that result swayed peoples opinions...

So it will be very interesting to see how many people have changed their mind after one performance...

I know my vote will stay the same :winkold:

Obviously the board have the utmost faith in him, considering the money they've paid for Bent. It's up to Houllier now to show he knows what he's doing and today was a good start.

The way GH has carried himself this week has done him and the club the world of good, there nothing like a bit of sh*t flying around to galvanise the club and allow us to close ranks - thank you Holloway, Bruce and the British Press.

Solid performance, the side is now a team and they are playing for the club and manager - they now have to perform if they want to start which makes a change. Hopefully maybe one or two fresh faces in the next two weeks will keep everyone on there toes.

Bold decisions today, payed off wonderfully, top marks to the defence and so pleased for Bent and the Management. We can all see where we need to improve, and hopefully sentiment or loyalty will not hold us back. On wards and upwards.

PS fair play to Man City, they are one solid unit nowadays.

I'm not going to change my mind about Houllier on the back of one good result. We rode out luck a bit today and I wasn't entirely convinced about the way the team was set up, Gabby's role especially.

I don't want to be churlish though. It was a very very good result, and the improved performance of the defence was very encouraging, along with Bent and all the confidence his signing seems to have brought.

I'm not going to change my mind about Houllier on the back of one good result. We rode out luck a bit today and I wasn't entirely convinced about the way the team was set up, Gabby's role especially.

I don't want to be churlish though. It was a very very good result, and the improved performance of the defence was very encouraging, along with Bent and all the confidence his signing seems to have brought.

Pretty much exactly my thinking. A good win and a better performance but still far from flawless imo.

And my thoughts, too (especially about Gabby).

I'd still prefer Houllier to go at the moment but another few results such as today will probably change that. Don't think I'll ever like him.

Pretty much exactly my thinking. A good win and a better performance but still far from flawless imo.

It reminded me of a MON style of performance, not pretty but effective. I am sure GH's long term strategy will see us improve in every aspect.

Â