415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god, GH has been chatting about Liverpool again. This time about how Dalglish will struggle, because 'management has changed'. CBA to post the article, its not interesting.

He gets too much stick for talking about Liverpool. I bet since Daglish has taken over that's all he has been asked about. He will answer questions he is asked.

Oh god, GH has been chatting about Liverpool again. This time about how Dalglish will struggle, because 'management has changed'. CBA to post the article, its not interesting.

a) Houllier is ex-Liverpool

B) Houllier was in the same situation in that he had been out of the game for a while as has Dalglish

... therefore Houllier is probably the most qualified person to talk to regarding this matter and this fact was no doubt picked up by journalists who then asked Houllier for his opinion.

What's he going to say? "Sorry I've been banned from talking about anything to do with that club I used to manage, you know the red ones."

a) Houllier is ex-Liverpool

B) Houllier was in the same situation in that he had been out of the game for a while as has Dalglish

... therefore Houllier is probably the most qualified person to talk to regarding this matter and this fact was no doubt picked up by journalists who then asked Houllier for his opinion.

What's he going to say? "Sorry I've been banned from talking about anything to do with that club I used to manage, you know the red ones."

Theres too much sense in that post. DELETE. :winkold:

Keep him and give him the full backing he requires, by the looks of things he is making things happen in the transfer window. I will judge him once he has his own team in place and gets rid of any dead wood.

Until then he has my full support.

Keep him and give him the full backing he requires, by the looks of things he is making things happen in the transfer window. I will judge him once he has his own team in place and gets rid of any dead wood.

Until then he has my full support.

I agree.

For all his crap comments that he has come out with I think this is the best course of action at the moment.

I think the stuff that he did at the Liverpool match was pretty bad but i think he needs a proper chance first.

Changing the manager now would be just as bad in my opinion.

I would have liked him to have got Steve Clarke in. Shrewd move by Kenny Dalglish at Plop. I can't help thinking that GH's backroom staff is wrong and he could do with a much better number two.
I agree with this, i think GH should have wentt for either Clark or he should go for Wilkins now, i get the feeeling that Garry Mac isn't up to very much and the same goes for Sid at this level.

I would have liked him to have got Steve Clarke in. Shrewd move by Kenny Dalglish at Plop. I can't help thinking that GH's backroom staff is wrong and he could do with a much better number two.
I agree with this, i think GH should have wentt for either Clark or he should go for Wilkins now, i get the feeeling that Garry Mac isn't up to very much and the same goes for Sid at this level.

We'll always have a soft spot for Sid. Best Villa player ever (as well as McGrath of course) but I think you could be right.

Where does this opinion that Garry Mac is awful come from? Heard loads of people say it but what evidence suggests it? Have you seen him coach or something? (honest question)

Just his general coaching (managerial) record I think..

Where does this opinion that Garry Mac is awful come from? Heard loads of people say it but what evidence suggests it? Have you seen him coach or something? (honest question)

Good question. I think for me, the players body language around him and Sid, the fact he's never managed at this standard, didn't do that well at Coventry, Middlesborough etc and suddenly we expect a new management team to pull it all together. I personally would have liked someone who has been at this standard of football for many years, like Clarke. Good players don't always become good managers or good coaches. It's just a personal opinion of course and I really hope I am totally and utterly wrong.

Just his general coaching (managerial) record I think..

This, and the fact that he was only GH's 3rd choice and a bit of a panic one at that. every club he has been with have been fairly poor.

Â