Houllier: Back him or sack him?

Stu_The_Villan

Houlier - back him or sack him?  

415 members have voted

1. 1. Houlier - back him or sack him?

• Back him - he needs more time
    • Sack him - we don't have time

Proves the point that people actually want things to go wrong to prove their point, totally, totally bonkers.

Yes I pay for my season ticket and spend money travelling to some away games so I can hope we lose.

Maybe I should stay at home and tell everyone on the Internet to be positive.

Isn't that what you did last year? :?

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Houllier loses the next three games, the chances are that he'll still be in the job. Some fans need to get over it and start supporting him.

If we win a match, it's 'papering over the cracks', if we lose, it's 'typical performance from Villa under Houllier'.

A lot of the matches we have lost, we have been unlucky IMO, although there were some disgraceful performances, notably at Liverpool, Arsenal and Man City.

Proves the point that people actually want things to go wrong to prove their point, totally, totally bonkers.

Yes I pay for my season ticket and spend money travelling to some away games so I can hope we lose.

No I went to plenty of games and defended a manager who delivered our best season in years.

Guess it's the same though.

No I went to plenty of games and defended a manager who delivered our best season in years.

Guess it's the same though.

I'd say criticizing people for being negative despite winning and then doing the same yourself is the same though, under whatever manager.

Just a result that will paper over the cracks.
Or on the flip-side, a much needed win which will boost confidence ahead of next week's big game, not to mention a great debut from the already hated by some Kyle Walker.

You truly are a better fan than most then BJ.

We won today how about enjoying that as its been so rare these days.

I wanted him out but he's got my backing for the blooz game, like any Villa manager would when they step into that cauldron of bile.

Hopefully he can bring about a bit of revenge, which we'd all love to see.

I'm negative about the situation not the win.

I just don't think this win is anything to get excited about, if it was a league game i'd be over the moon but beating a poor championship side doesn't do anything to make me confident we won't go down.

I don't know why you keep referring to last season it's completely different scenario. Best season in years compared to genuine relegation battle. It's pointless trying to use it to try and score points, you spend more time thinking of new ways to screw the club out of money on the odd occassion you choose to attend villa park.

The thing we as fans need to do now is go into the Blues game with our heads held high, as difficult as that is, and try and roar the team on to a result...

Today's away support was fantastic and generally is until we go 1 or 2 down. We do not want to go into a game at Small Heath singing anti Houllier songs because they are now singing songs about him themselves taking the piss... it would be even more embarrassing than anything else and I don't think it's the right thing to do. The support needs to be spot on and as loud as possible because there is only going to be about 1500 of us there... yes I am going and yes I will sing for 90 minutes but everyone else needs to do it too! Houllier is our manager for longer than most people hope so people just need to get used to it now and transfer their hate for him into support for the team and see where that gets us as it's been non existant particularly at home games for the past couple months in this terrible, terrible run.

Up the Villa

I just don't think this win is anything to get excited about, if it was a league game i'd be over the moon but beating a poor championship side doesn't do anything to make me confident we won't go down.

I don't know why you keep referring to last season it's completely different scenario. Best season in years compared to genuine relegation battle. It's pointless trying to use it to try and score points, you should spend more time thinking of new ways to screw the club out of money on the odd occassion you choose to attend villa park.

So are you honestly saying that you were hoping we'd get knocked out the FA Cup today?

I bet you would have had something to say if we had lost against this poor championship side.

Win, its nothing.

Loose, continuing stick to beat Houllier with.

I don't know why you keep referring to last season it's completely different scenario. Best season in years compared to genuine relegation battle. It's pointless trying to use it to try and score points, you spend more time thinking of new ways to screw the club out of money on the odd occassion you choose to attend villa park.

Well go on Jez please explain how a win against an average championship side has any relevance on our fight for survival.
Much needed confidence boost.

I can understand why you don't think a win against an "average Championship side" in the FA Cup is that important, but somehow I don't think you'd be downplaying the game if we had lost.

Well go on Jez please explain how a win against an average championship side has any relevance on our fight for survival.

a defeat would have been detrimental to the teams confidence. i can assure you they will be feeling a lot better as a group tonight after winning than they would have if they had lost. games like this might not get points on the board but can be very significant in other ways such as confidence and belief.

onwards and upwards.

UTV

Of course a win is better than a loss.

An excellent performance against united didn't help, a decent performance, result and fighting spirit against chelsea didn't help.

I don't think this win will help, of course it's better to win and it's always good to win but it's hard to take enjoyment from it when it doesn't do anything to help us get out of this shit. If it's 3 points I'll be happy no matter how or who we pick those points up against.

I don't really care about the cup at the moment, my main concern is that I'll be watching championship football next year so I'll be happy when wins help prevent this.

Of course a win is better than a loss.

An excellent performance against united didn't help, a decent performance, result and fighting spirit against chelsea didn't help.

I don't think this win will help, of course it's better to win and it's always good to win but it's hard to take enjoyment from it when it doesn't do anything to help us get out of this shit. If it's 3 points I'll be happy no matter how or who we pick those points up against.

I don't really care about the cup at the moment, my main concern is that I'll be watching championship football next year so I'll be happy when wins help prevent this.

But a win is a win. Beating Sheffield United in the FA Cup doesn't give is points but it gives us confidence, just like a loss today would've severely damaged confidence.

I can't fathom how an Aston Villa fan can "find it hard" to take enjoyment from a win.

So if we had lost today you would have just said, 'oh well just against a poor championship side'? Come off it, you would have been straight on his back again sticking the knife in!

Â