Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd echo claret75, every single yellow is justified so far (apart from Friedel where we don't know what was said). No point deluding ourselves.

So Friedel's booking for mouthing off to the referee isn't justified, but Collin's booking for mouthing off at the referee is?

For me only Petrov and Ferreira should have been booked in that first half.

We've done well and being level is the least we deserve - but I really can't see us seeing this game out with eleven on the field.

If he was refereeing it in an even way, then they'd have four or five on bookings too and he'd just be being ridiculous - as it is, he's only being ridiculous in one direction.

I wouldn't question why our players have the yellows they have garnered but the ref should be equal to both teams and at least Terry (for man handling the ref at the penalty) and Essien should be in the book as well.

The Ref is biased.

That should be a booking for Essien based on the way he's refereed the game thus far.

Essentially I'm saying the man is a cheat or an idiot.

Shocking refereeing performance in that first half. He lost credibility when he gave them their penalty followed by several yellow cards to our lads, all of which - bar Friedels - have been engineered by Chelsea players diving all over the place.

Chelsea fouls 10 - 1 yellow card

Villa fouls 7 - 6 yellow cards

Come on ref, talk about bias

Essien 3 fouls no yellow including giving away a pen

All the villa players it is one foul in the book.

This.

We've been the far better team. Not just the better team but far.

Apart from the penalty, they haven't had a single even half chance. This is excellent. As long as the Ref is not a cock and we keep this up, we can get a point or even three.

The main thing for me though is the fact every player seems fully concentrated, know what they are doing, working as a team. Performance have been completely raised and it looks as if they are all playing like they know we are 16th in the league. Play like this every week, we'll not only be fine but probably be around the top 10 come end of the season.

Keep it up Villa.

6 yellow Cards now, Lee Mason you Muppet, it is a contact sport.

It's a contact sport, but that doesn't mean you can go around chopping, tripping and body-checking.

If your first foul of an entire game is a body check it really can't be bookable, unless the challenge is deemed cynical which none of these are.

Your saying none of these bookings were cynical? :lol: That body check was cynical.

Every single one of the bookings were justified. I want Villa to win as much as everyone else, but fairs fair, you can't really argue against any of the bookings.

Essien should have one for the penalty challenge, and one for the tackle on young, Terry for complaining, Cashley for diving and Ramires has got one.

This.

we have both committed 9 fouls yet they only have 1 booking.

As much as I would dearly LOVE a win, or even a draw, the result today I dont feel is all that important. Were expected to lose, so that be it.

However, the performance is vital. We need to show the world our team is united again. Playing for each other, for the manager and of course for the fans. If we can show some bottle, some courage, some effort and a little bit of ability, it will be a confidence booster for the whole club and in my opinion go some way to banishing all the negativity around the place at the moment.

As for the match itself.... COME ON THE VILLA!

You know it's already half time don't you?

Absolutely i do. Im just saying we seem to be showing some bottle, which is more than can be said for the past months worth of performances.

Losing can be forgiven, if you are seen to try your utmost to prevent it.

As it is, were not losing, and trying our best. Happy days!

Fair enough matey. It read like a pre-match battle cry, but works for me nonetheless!

Reo Coker's was cynical, Petrov's was rash, Collins grabbed the referee, Friedel was just booked for dissent, Clark made 2 very strong cardable tackles

Gabby's was wrong

When he did less than Terry did... right up in the face of the ref. Eh!

I don't know what was said, but dissent gets a yellow card. Maybe Terry should have gotten one too. It's not easily to determine whether or not a player should be booked for dissent without knowing what was said.

Fantastic committed 1st half so unlucky not to to be leading at the break - Can't believe i sent my ticket back .

Looks like we've finally found Clarkes position and may save a few quid towards a better forward instead of a replacement for Warnock.

We're playing very well.

How the **** was Essien not booked. I thought it was never a penalty on Malouda either, he was backing right into Collins.

both were definite pens, cant see any other argument. stupid challenge by collins, went for a ball he couldnt win and came down on the players legs.

Not a chance IMO Malouda went for the back in Collins, didn't even bother try to win the ball. The ball was there to for Collins to win and Malouda turned his back to goal to go over.