The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

I suspect that in your "easy to use" iphone that you need to tell the contacts app that you have contacts on the SIM rather than the phone. You'd think it would notice the new SIM and offer to copy them automatically.

I suspect that in your "easy to use" iphone that you need to tell the contacts app that you have contacts on the SIM rather than the phone. You'd think it would notice the new SIM and offer to copy them automatically.

You'd think so, wouldn't you.

There's the easy way and then there's the Apple way.

Cheers guys.

Next question, I've gone through registering it with itunes etc, and went through the copying my contacts from my old phone, but for some reason I don't have any contacts other than my name and number in the phone.

I've taken out the iphone sim, gone through the procedure again moving the contact numbers from my old phone to new sim, still have no contacts??

Any ideas why?

It's not clear what steps you are doing - did you do this:

Simply go to “Settings” -> “Mail, Contacts, Calendar”, you can find an option called “Import SIM Contacts”. Then tap on it and iPhone will import all SIM contacts to your contacts list. Which pulls them from a sim in the iphone.

or you could do it like this

Cheers guys.

Next question, I've gone through registering it with itunes etc, and went through the copying my contacts from my old phone, but for some reason I don't have any contacts other than my name and number in the phone.

I've taken out the iphone sim, gone through the procedure again moving the contact numbers from my old phone to new sim, still have no contacts??

Any ideas why?

It's not clear what steps you are doing - did you do this:

Simply go to “Settings” -> “Mail, Contacts, Calendar”, you can find an option called “Import SIM Contacts”. Then tap on it and iPhone will import all SIM contacts to your contacts list. Which pulls them from a sim in the iphone.

or you could do it like this

You're right Blandy, you can imagine how my mate ripped the piss out of me this morning when I asked him to sort it out, and it was as simple as you've just explained to me how to do it.

I can't believe I wasn't able to work that out for myself, I am a complete pleb when it comes to anything mobile, PC or electronic etc... :oops:

Where were you last night when I needed you! :D

Can you sync your contacts to Gmail with an iPhone? It's an awesome way of backing everything up and not having to worry about it again. I got a new phone last week (Android, but I dont think this is an Android exclusive feature) and as I had signed into Gmail with my old phone, as soon as I did it on my new one it asked me if I wanted to import my contacts and as they say, Robert is your fathers brother.

*edit*

Yes you can: http://www.google.com/mobile/sync/

...“Settings” -> “Mail, Contacts, Calendar”, you can find an option called “Import SIM Contacts”. Then tap on it and iPhone will import all SIM contacts to your contacts list. Which pulls them from a sim in the iphone....

You're right Blandy, you can imagine how my mate ripped the piss out of me this morning when I asked him to sort it out, and it was as simple as you've just explained to me how to do it.

I can't believe I wasn't able to work that out for myself, I am a complete pleb when it comes to anything mobile, PC or electronic etc... :oops:

Where were you last night when I needed you! :D

Long as it's sorted, no worries. It's only easy if you know how.

Hi guys,

I have two problems with my jailbroken iphone. Firstly, when connecting to the computer the iphone does not show up on iTunes. Secondly, I am not sure how to back up my music on my iPhone? I need to transfer my music to my PC but not sure if the Jailbroken iPhone will be recognised by any software.

Now is a good time to buy a refurbished iPad 1 from Apple by the way. You can get a 16gb WiFi for £289, and that comes with a year of Apple care.

You might even be able to sell it for a profit on eBay if you are lucky. 8)

Â