The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

It's when getting music from a friend, you just can't connect to someone elses pc. Big problem for people who listen to live sets which are freely distributed on the internet. Also the sync would wipe your ipod if you hooked it up to someone elses pc.

The old drag and drop is the best method. But anyway, defo get double twist if you can, air sync is a godsend.

Get over yourself you moany git. itunes is apple and double twist is an app available for apple. You just assume when some people post in here it's about android. Read the posts in future before you start to moan. You ruin your own threads.

It's when getting music from a friend, you just can't connect to someone elses pc. .

Perhaps you could just borrow the CD......

Not impressed by Double Twist. It lasted 2 days on my PC before it was deleted.

Can't mykeyb live music sets are freely distributed online it's how dj's get out there and hence attract people to their gigs. Some sets are hard to get hold of that's why we share them. Itunes assumes all music is owned by someone, that it was purchased at some it.

Drop box is great though, free online storage, check it out.

Also what's wrong with double twist? Air sync is surely a great thing to have, no?

Ok, but what does it allow that iTunes doesnt?

It has air sync, so you can sync you music with your pc without having to connect it with a usb Very handy, check it out.

Hardly life changing though is it?

It's not exactly a ball ache plugging a usb cable in

Now having your itunes/music on a cloud drive or similar and being able to sync/stream your music/movies from your library over wifi would be something.

Apple home share is nearly there.

This is probably already possible but I only just thought of it so forgive me if it is.

Not life changing but it is handy.

I think cloud will be coming this year for the iphone. Read plenty of rumours on that, would be pretty sweet to just have everything stored in the cloud.

You can get any music file you want into iTunes. I download gig bootlegs in flac format. Yes you have to convert it but then it's straight into iTunes and away you go.

Apple will almost certainly have cloud storage at some point, they will have to. Amazon already offer a 5 gig cloud storage for music and it doesn't just have to be music purchased through amazon either.

Air sync is fine if you don't connect your phone to your pc. I personally charge mine via the pc so it's not really needed.

Anyone any experience with satnav apps on the iphone4?

Thinking about getting one, TomTom seems the best but is too expensive, co-pilot seems reasonable at 20 quid but a few reviews complain about it not picking up signal etc, then again, lots of others say it is brilliant.

Any thoughts?

Any others I need to know about?

Any others I need to know about?

I downloaded Navfree ... only used it a few times but it worked well ..got me home from the office without any dramas when i tested it

it's open source if i recall so it gets updated regularly

Hi guys, ive got abit of an ipod dilemma that I hope you techy guys can assist me with:

A few days ago I downloaded a couple of songs and sucessfully added them to my itunes library. No problem. I then added them to my ipod, again no problem with this and its something ive done plenty of times before. However after id disconnected (properly) the ipod and waltz down the street I tried to listen to my ipod and found that I didnt have any of my songs on my ipod, save for 2 random songs.

I load up my itunes agin and see my music is all there, but my concern is that ive recently come back form travelling and acquired some new music on my ipod which I obviosuly do not have on my itunes. I load up itunes today and see that I am asked to update software for my ipod whcih I know im supposed to do. But when I click to update it i'm told that there's some music on my ipod which isn't on my itunes library (music I picked up whilst travelling) so it advises me to update my itunes library with the missing music before I run the update.

How do I get the travelling music onto my itunes library from my ipod? Whilst the ipod is plugged into the computer I can see that all my music (incl my travelling songs) are on the ipod - I just fear they will be lost if I run the update without having put the travelling music onto itunes (in fact itunes told me so with a pop up msg before I attempted to download the new software)

I assume that the reason my ipod messed up the other day and only appeared to have 2 songs on it was because I declined the update previously, ut this is a guess. I've plugged my ipod into my computer and itunes and when I flick through the ipod all my music is there - so I just need to get the new more recent songs I acquired travelling onto my itunes library.

Any ideas?

Does anyone know of any sites that I can use to watch football on my ipod touch? I am struggling to find any searching on google/yahoo but I have heard you can do this. Any help would be appreciated.

People will get angry if anybody mentions that you can watch football very easily on Android phones because they support flash, iOS devices dont.

You can watch games that are going to be on normal TV on your iPod Touch though, tvcatchup.com works beautifully.

Â