Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Just finished The Dark Brotherhood chain. Now I have a new house which is fitted with a torture chamber! :twisted:

Started the Dark Brotherhood questline the other night. Doesn't seem to be as good as the Oblivion equivalent thus far.

Also, I'm slightly concerned that, early on that questline I was sent to get something valued with what I think is the Thieve's Guild (having not done any of the questline). However on the way in (and out) everyonein the sewers bar the guys I needed to see, were hostile - I'm hoping that doesn't affect any of the Thieves Guild quests :(.

Been farming Daedra hearts. Full Daedric get up coming up.

Also, the Dragon Priest's masks have some great bonuses - the one that improves prices has been a bit of boon for my pretty low Speechcraft character.

Yeah, I was a bit underwhelmed by the Dark Brotherhood stuff. The quest chain starts off weakly, gets incredibly annoying then picks up once a certain character with the worlds worst voice actor is out of the picture. It ends fairly well, but it is certainly the weakest quest line I have done so far. I am going to do a few side quests now and then join the thieves guild I think.

Finished the Hogwarts quest line. I actually found it fairly interesting with all the Thalmor involvement, but the second to last boss was far more difficult than the last boss.

I want to start on the Dark Brotherhood questline next, but might opt to just join a side in the Civil War. The Thalmor are really starting to annoy me.

I just defeated molokai or what ever his name in labrinthia, playing on expert, jesus 1 tough mofo took me over a hour to kill him in the end. Had to keep hitting him dodging him and getting my ward out. fully satisfying level 17 as my pure mage build now :D GAME IS AWESOME

Im just glad I can enjoy it on my 360 now that I can have the volume at a normal level instead of trying to compete with the disc tray.

The install has made a big difference to the game for me, it runs alot better than it did off the disc. I just wish that the texture bug had been sorted at release, still, its fixed now.

Was struggling for gold recently, although now im doing more quests instead of just malarkying around im actually get paid more.

I've got 70k gold at the moment, I don't really seem to be spending anything. I've got 3 houses, 2 of which are fully 'upgraded', but don't buy any weapons or armour and get on OK with using the potions I find. My gold intake has skyrocketed recently though as I've started actually finishing off some of the proper quests I have, and getting some decent reward gold from them. Aswell as that I bought the 'more gold' and 'more frequesnt special weapon finds' perks, so I've made alot of money out of that too. I figure I'll keep saving until I get 100k for the achievment, and then spend the majority of it on training

Yeah thats my problem as well, the money I get goes on training as im too lazy to do it the hard way. Im 40 hours in but have hardly done any quests that reward you with actual gold so now it will start coming in more regularly and ill get a decent amount saved.

I dont bother with armour as all my dark brotherhood apparel and accessories have enchantments and my perks are based around light armour and one handed weapons so I get bonuses from them as well.

Still havent seen or fought a dragon yet since the first one at the intro.

You neee to progress the main quest a little before the dragons start spawning. It's the quest you do for the Jarl of Whiterun I think. I can't go anywhere without being attacked by dragons. I've got full Dragon Plate armour and about 70 odd dragon bones in a chest at home!

Got the full Daedric armour now. It's not the most pleasing looking thing (not that you see it much...), that belongs to the ebony armour imo, but it's so good.

Finished off the Dark Brotherhood today, which was pretty disappointing in the end, and started off the Thieves Guild questline which I'm hoping for better things from.

Had a wobble of interest following finishing off the Brotherhood, I felt for moment that I didn't have the drive to push on for another goal again.

Hmmm. Got this on PS3 this weekend, and have put a few hours in, and so far am not really getting it. I keep telling myself it must be good and to persevere because you all love it, and I will, but firstly, the graphics are **** awful, and it's just a bit....dull. Mind you, I said that about Mass Effect 2 at first and ended up loving that, but sadly this just isn't hooking me. I preferred Dragon Age to be honest.

Considering the size and scope of the game how can you find the graphics awful? Its bloody gorgeous, few rough edges here and there but most of the time its lovely.

It is a marmite game ill grant you though.

The graphics are bloody lovely on PC. When I fired up MW3 the other day after non stop Skyrim for a couple of weeks it looked rougher than a badgers arse.

The graphics are bloody lovely on PC. When I fired up MW3 the other day after non stop Skyrim for a couple of weeks it looked rougher than a badgers arse.

You're comparing it to a pretty terrible looking game, MW3 looks like it was made about 5 years ago..

Taking in to consideration the scope of the world I think Skyrim looks fantastic, if it were a more conventional linear single player game it'd look pretty disappointing, the textures are pretty low quality, and some of the animations (hello, jumping) are unintentionally hilarious. Still, noone buiys an ES game for the graphics.

Â