Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

Patch info: XBOX and PC patch being released on Wednesday.

UPDATE 1.2 NOTES (all platforms unless specified)

Improved occasional performance issues resulting from long term play (PlayStation 3)

Fixed issue where textures would not properly upgrade when installed to drive (Xbox 360)

Fixed crash on startup when audio is set to sample rate other than 44100Hz (PC)

Fixed issue where projectiles did not properly fade away

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead

Dragon corpses now clean up properly

Fixed rare issue where dragons would not attack

Fixed rare NPC sleeping animation bug

Fixed rare issue with dead corpses being cleared up prematurely

Skeleton Key will now work properly if player has no lockpicks in their inventory

Fixed rare issue with renaming enchanted weapons and armor

Fixed rare issue with dragons not properly giving souls after death

ESC button can now be used to exit menus (PC)

Fixed occasional mouse sensitivity issues (PC)

General functionality fixes related to remapping buttons and controls (PC)

Fixed occasional issue where a guest would arrive to the player’s wedding dead
:crylaugh:

PS3 patch out today, which has ended frame rate issues, hooray ^__^

But reduced the quality of the textures to reduce space. Bit of a **** up this one.

Oh, which textures? All of them? Grass & trees or something? I played for an hour or so earlier after patching and didnt really notice any difference other than the better frame rate and reduced save file size

PS3 patch out today, which has ended frame rate issues, hooray ^__^

But reduced the quality of the textures to reduce space. Bit of a **** up this one.

Oh, which textures? All of them? Grass & trees or something? I played for an hour or so earlier after patching and didnt really notice any difference other than the better frame rate and reduced save file size

Not sure exactly, theres some mention of it on the story on eurogamer.net.

Someone, somewhere... probably. I know some people who rush through games to get the achievements so to them that's probably 'complete' then.

Personally I'm no where near. I'm about 85 hours in and I've completed the Civil War, Mage College, Main Quest and Companion story lines. I've still got dozens of caves/dungeons/castles to explore, I've still got the entire south of the map to wander, the Thieves Guild and the Brotherhood are still to fall to my rule, plus all the words of power still out there.

Has anybody in the world finished this yet?

Somebody at Bethesda comleted it in just over an hour. God knows how but they did. Personally im nowhere near. Done an absolute shit load of stuff but i dont think im close to completing the main quest. Im at the point where i have to go and get the Elder Scroll from some dungeon. Does anybody know how far through i am?

Has anybody in the world finished this yet?

Somebody at Bethesda comleted it in just over an hour. God knows how but they did. Personally im nowhere near. Done an absolute shit load of stuff but i dont think im close to completing the main quest. Im at the point where i have to go and get the Elder Scroll from some dungeon. Does anybody know how far through i am?

2 hours for the Main Quest. This was a developer though so they knew all the ins and outs, all the loop holes or whatever you want to call them etc... They've done it on all of their games. It's like an in-house competition.

I think Fallout 3 was an 1 hour and 10minutes or something. Oblivion's fastest was 11minutes 19 seconds :shock:

How does the game determine what items are "Take" and what are "Steal"? I pretty much ransacked the entirety of the Alchemist's in Whiterun whilst she stood there smiling away despite her new-found destituteness, but as soon as I dared manhandle her (presumably antique?!) desk calendar there was hell to pay.

How does the game determine what items are "Take" and what are "Steal"? I pretty much ransacked the entirety of the Alchemist's in Whiterun whilst she stood there smiling away despite her new-found destituteness, but as soon as I dared manhandle her (presumably antique?!) desk calendar there was hell to pay.

If you are allowed to just take an item then the items name will be in white lettering when you hover the cursor over it, whereas if you are about to steal it the writing will be in red. Its okay to steal as long as nobody sees you i.e go into sneak mode and if the reticule is a closed eye you are hidden.

If you help somebody out in some way (like you must have done with the Alchemist in Whiterun) then they will let you take some of the stuff off their shelves. Not everything in the shop will be free to pick up though so just check before you actually pick it up (as you found out with her calendar :lol: )

I reckon she must be the canniest salesperson ever, because she's somehow managed to make this calendar highly desirable in my mind. I have to have it. I might go back in tonight and set her on fire.

Â