Would you vote for a Safe Standing Area at Villa Park?

Villarocker

Safe Standing Area(s) at VP  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Safe Standing Area(s) at VP

• Yes - Jump Around if You Love Villa
    • No - sit down, shut up
    • "Wevs" - I only watch on the telly

Standing at a football match was never unsafe. What is unsafe is either allowing too many supporters into a section of ground and exceeding its capacity oand/or mindless morons who cannot control themselves and cause injuries to others.

I stood on the Holte end during the 70's and 80's in bigger attendances than we get today and never once got injured becuase of it.

I would gladly support a standing area at VP if it would stop the dickhead casual fans around me in the lower Doug Ellis stand from standing up every time there is a corner even though they can see the action equally as well sitting down.

The way our form is it will soon be safe to stand up wherever you want at VP

So you say our fans are fickle and will only go to games when we are doing well?

I answered Yes to the poll. The games as kid that I went to in the Holte end it was much better to be standing than sitting down in cold seats. The atmosphere was better and you are able to jump around abit when it gets real cold. :)

Standing at a football match was never unsafe. What is unsafe is either allowing too many supporters into a section of ground and exceeding its capacity oand/or mindless morons who cannot control themselves and cause injuries to others.

I stood on the Holte end during the 70's and 80's in bigger attendances than we get today and never once got injured becuase of it.

I would gladly support a standing area at VP if it would stop the dickhead casual fans around me in the lower Doug Ellis stand from standing up every time there is a corner even though they can see the action equally as well sitting down.

:thumb:

Some don't realise but this would also have obvious benefits for those people who wish not to stand at a football game.

if terracing came back id cry with happiness.

my 1st ever game was in the season it all got taken away :(

I feel sorry for you Lapal. You missed the days when football was much more fun to go to.

There is nothing like standing at the footie. I used to love it when we could stand in the Holte End. You had a choice too, the left side or the right side. The fans used to have banter between themselves "Left side, give us a song. Left side, left side, give us a song. shhhhhhh" and then the left side would sing a song and then it would be "can you hear the right side sing no, no, ......" it was brilliant and the atmosphere was so much better than it is these days.

I am glad that a few people voted no to be honest, otherwise this might have been worthless. I did think twice about it as it might have come across as a stupid question :lol: I just wanted as many folks to vote yes as possible so that, if the General or someone else at the club takes a look, they will see just how many people want to be able to stand at Villa Park.

Imagine how great it would be if every forum of every club ran a poll like this and it ended up with something like 98% of 2 million people said yes they would prefer a safe standing area? maybe then the authorities would listen!

Being 24, I never really got to experience terracing before it was outlawed.

Could someone explain how it would work?

Would you still get a designated spot to stand in, or would it be a free for all?

As far as i know you are still allocated a seat.

safe%20standing.jpg

What a great idea!

Totally agree with you B6!

The problem with the old Holte End was that you could get crushed or knocked about a bit if it was packed and everyone got over-excited - yes guys, it did used to happen!! I recall many a time when the crowd went crazy (let's go **** mental....) and you could get pushed around a bit.

These seats ^ would take that problem away. You are only going to get knocked about by the person to the left or right of you and that ain't so bad. I mean, I got a black eye at the Man Utd game when we scored our second and that was only 'cos I ran into the guys behind to celebrate the goal! :lol:

Tell you what else I like about that arrangement above; the fact that the fans can sway from side to side and create a brilliant atmosphere and spectacle. It is perfect for choreographed support, which is something we could do with down the Villa these days.

:thumb:

Some don't realise but this would also have obvious benefits for those people who wish not to stand at a football game.

If the Lower Holte was converted and maybe the Lower North too, through the re-development, people would still have four sides of the stadium in which to sit. This way, everyone's a winner!

Wouldn't make too much difference given the Lower North is always stood up anyway, but this has been too long in the offing. Germany have shown for years that this is a viable option and I'm surprised it's taken this long for it to even be discussed.

Ridiculous not to. I couldn't stand at thr moment but would definitely want the option when fit. To vote not togive people the option (no-one's forcing anyone to stand) is just.... odd.

In the two seasons i've had my current season ticket i haven't actually sat in my seat once so would be a 100% yes from me

If you're the annoying guy who inexplicably stands up infront of me on his own, every week, then I shant be impressed!

Haha no... i'm 2nd to back row of the holte so even if i wanted to sit (which i don't) i'd be staring into someones back as everyone stands around me.

Well the answers are pretty loaded aren't they. I voted no, but I don't think you should shut up with it.

I just personally don't get why everyone is so obsessed with standing up, if you've got kids or your a short ass its a nightmare to see when people are standing. I quite like the great view I get from my seat. (when the tall guy in front is in his seat too)

It would be a dream come true if the lower Holte was reverted back to standing. The Holte End has never been the same since was seated.

For those too young to ever has stood on the Holte End I can assure you it's the best feeling ever......

The Left side.. :clap:

The Right Side.. :clap:

Ohhh - Great days, my fondest memories as a kid and what spurned my addiction to AVFC.. :notworthy:

• Like 1

Â