Would you vote for a Safe Standing Area at Villa Park?

Villarocker

Safe Standing Area(s) at VP  

242 members have voted

1. 1. Safe Standing Area(s) at VP

• Yes - Jump Around if You Love Villa
    • No - sit down, shut up
    • "Wevs" - I only watch on the telly

By far the worst thing about going to the footy is being stuck with people you dont want to be with, and being stuck where people dont sing. Altho' Upper Holte is ok it can be a real struggle sometimes.

There is nothing I would like more than to go back to some ersion of standing and, implicit in that, singing.

It is appalling that we are treated so badly when in all other sports, parades, or festival, people can stand.

By far the worst thing about going to the footy is being stuck with people you dont want to be with, and being stuck where people dont sing. Altho' Upper Holte is ok it can be a real struggle sometimes.

There is nothing I would like more than to go back to some ersion of standing and, implicit in that, singing.

It is appalling that we are treated so badly when in all other sports, parades, or festival, people can stand.

Couldn't agree more with you terrytine. At the 2000 FA Cup Final versus Chelsea I had the total misfortune of having a gloom & doom merchant sit by me all game slating our players & constantly moaning throughout & stating that we wouldn't win the game under any circumstances. He absolutely put the kiss of death on us all game & because I had no way of moving from my allocated seat I had to listen to the shit all game.

I can't even begin to tell you how much he pissed me & others off with his constant moaning which ruined the game completely.

I know we were shocking that game but not as shocking as him. He definitely won the moan of the match award that's for sure.

Couldn't agree more with you terrytine. At the 2000 FA Cup Final versus Chelsea I had the total misfortune of having a gloom & doom merchant sit by me all game slating our players & constantly moaning throughout & stating that we wouldn't win the game under any circumstances. He absolutely put the kiss of death on us all game & because I had no way of moving from my allocated seat I had to listen to the shit all game.

I can't even begin to tell you how much he pissed me & others off with his constant moaning which ruined the game completely.

I know we were shocking that game but not as shocking as him. He definitely won the moan of the match award that's for sure.

Nothing worse than a serial moaner. Don't even understand why you show up with an attitude like that. I had one next to me for Sunderland at Villa Park this year (yes 6-1) and he was still badgering at Gabby for not tracking back at 5-1. Bloody ridiculous. Barely stood up all game! 

I completely understand people who want to sit and watch the game and just stand when a goal is scored. From that perspective I understand why people standing near by is annoying because it effects the view or means they have to stand too. I don't think anyone here is proposing a large amount of standing though. Not even a full stand of standing. I think a couple of key blocks in say the lower Holte would be perfect, particularly in an area where most people stand in any case. It'll up the capacity of that area, more voices in a smaller space equals better atmosphere, the fans who want to stand enjoy it more as the layout is much better suited with a barrier on front to lean on if things are quiet.

Something like the middle two or three blocks of Dortmund's Kop, only with the safe standing barriers, with the little seats on the back. The ones in Germany even have a cup holder for your bier. That's a tougher debate though haha

innen_06.jpg 

I always thought that every third person at VP was like this? Maybe it's because I always sit in the Trinity.

At international games they say "Please stand for the national anthems"

How do they explain that one? They are actually telling everyone to break the stadium's rules/law.

Edited by TRS-T

Couldn't agree more with you terrytine. At the 2000 FA Cup Final versus Chelsea I had the total misfortune of having a gloom & doom merchant sit by me all game slating our players & constantly moaning throughout & stating that we wouldn't win the game under any circumstances. He absolutely put the kiss of death on us all game & because I had no way of moving from my allocated seat I had to listen to the shit all game

I bet he posts on here

i think the options to this post are a little one dimensional to delibrately get one result

i dont agree with either, but the closest i could was 'no sit down'

i think all stadiums above a certain capacity should be seated regardless to meet health and safety requirements, but at the same time, i think it should be down to the individual (not the hitler bluenose stewards) whether they stand or sit, at least then the option is there

exclamation-mark-man-user-icon-with-png-and-vector-format-227727.png

Ad Blocker Detected

This site is paid for by ad revenue, please disable your ad blocking software for the site.

Â