SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

So she's saying we were going to use the compensation from Moyes to fund a move for N'Zogbia, despite the fact that we wouldn't have had a manager?

Firstly SHE has a name.

It's not from Twitter neither. Moyes was No 1 choice. I know that from months ago, before the end of the season.

I was told by someone who has friends on the staff of AVFC. GH was rumoured to be stepping down at the end of the season even before he nearly died from a heart attack.

Mat Kendrick & anyone ITK knows Randy Lerner flew to Barbados to speak to Moyes. He wanted to come too... but ONLY if EFC got a replacement. Moyes would never walk out on Everton. Hughes was rumoured to be Moyes replacement, which explains why Lerner didn't even interview him.

Who the hell decent is going to come to manage EFC when you ain't got ANY money to spend on transfers??!!

Like you say .. Pot ...P**s & all that..

Anyhow when the deal didn't go through you failed to make the downpayment for N'Zogbia.

Of course you can dismiss all this if you wish but as far as I know this is pretty near the mark as Bicks has alluded to.

McLeish was not No 1 choice but when it became clear Moyes couldn't come then Lerner had to make a decision to appoint someone ASAP.

McLeish was apparently on RL's radar when MON walked out. Pat Murphy said as much on Radio 5.

I'm afraid all your doing is taking select articles and your own "ITK's" to suit your own agenda. There's loads of other newspaper reports from that time that state, quite correctly, that Moyes was wasn't interested. Also, a couple of well respected Everton ITK's who are normally spot on, backed this up.

Why ignore them?

If Moyes had wanted to come to Villa, and Villa really wanted him, he'd be there now.

Also, the idea that Hughes would be earmarked to take over is laughable, after the way he treated us re Lescott do you think we'd pursue him?

And you still haven't explained why we'd buy N'Zogbia with the Moyes comp when no manager would be in place. It's madness.

Anyway, as I said good luck for the season.

14th/15th June 2011......

Everton boss David Moyes is running into major financial problems in his bid to sign Charles N’Zogbia from Wigan in a £9million deal.

Moyes has told supremo Bill Kenwright to set up the deal - and the French flier is also interested in swapping a survival fight for a shot at a top-six finish with the Toffees.

The Goodison chief is prepared to pay the fee for N’Zogbia who would add pace and variety to his attack - but Everton do not have the money to even pay the down payment.

Wigan are demanding half of the fee is paid up front, but Everton are struggling to raise the £4.5million - with sales of Joseph Yobo and Yakubu yet to be completed to bring in the funds.

It is a nightmare for Moyes who needs to have N’Zogbia’s deal done before moving on to other targets. He has a loan move for Real Madrid’s Sergio Canales up his sleeve but cannot finalise this until the big buy is done.

Moyes is also keen to change his reserve goalkeepers, with Preston’s Andy Lonergan a £300,000 target after training with the club in the final months of the season.

But Everton have to sell their unsettled number two keeper Jan Mucha first or they will not have the money for that either.

While Everton reportedly agreed with the fee for the sale of N’Zogbia, they can’t get even the money together for a down payment, with Wigan insisting the payment is made upfront for the former Newcastle man.

As Everton look to find money to cover the sale, Newcastle will look to move in. And while Wigan reportedly wanted N’Zogbia to move to Everton, where he will pose less threat to the side should they fall into relegation trouble next season, with Newcastle able to easily afford the £9 million sum, N’Zogbia could move back to his old club.

Nothing to do with twitter at all!

Please explain why EFC would put in a bid for a player then decide they can't get the downpayment together...

Don't you think it's a bit odd/??!!

I won't bother posting anymore info then....just like everyone else!

I don't think it works like that!

"Hi this is Davie Moyes I'm bidding £10m for N'Zogbia, using the compensation Everton will get from Villa when I go there"

Do me a favour, do you realise how ridiculous that sounds?

Moyes does want N'Zogbia, but as Fenerbahce have reneged on the £6m price agreed for Yobo at the end of his loan (they've offered £3m instead), he can't afford anything.

Moyes wouldn't leave EFC unless an agreement was reached between the two clubs End Of. He's loyal. DM was RL's No 1 choice

since the day MON walked out. However we respect matters when a club says NO! Unlike other clubs who continue their pursuit!

Everton whoever their manager is need players and since one or two have left you NEED N'Zogbia whoever the manager is!!!

Ain't signed a single players in two years.

Not sure if you live on Merseyside but Livepool fans were winding Toffee's up about Moyes being "The People's Prisoner"

AND HE IS!!

Bicks lives & works up in the area & he knows too. I'm now authorised by a company in Warrington as well.

Oh fancy that footballers & staff at clubs need financial advice! I wouldn't happen to know some of these advisers perhaps?!!!

Villa & Everton do their business behind closed doors!

Anyhow I'm not arguing anymore with an Everton fan. If you wish to think otherwise that Moyes didn't want to come to Villa

then fine...... Dream On!!

Too true.

I'm sorry but YOU are always posting tweets...

I give up with you lot I really do....

You're turning Villa Talk into Villa Moan!

Are you serious Julie? Don't go having a pop at me. As much as I take an interest into certain tweets from certain people, you have to agree that some that you post are a little far fetched. for example: when you said Ian Taylor wrote #Nzogbia. So automatically that means he knows something and he's ours. Come off it. Not moaning one bit, I was just agreeing that sometimes with respect; they are irrelevant and have no meaning whatsoever. End of.

So Ian Taylor.. ex Villa player... football agent ..doesn't know jack?

Yeah right....

I think if Villa wanted Moyes, or could get him, he would be here IMO. Got to agree with the Everton fan tbh. I think McLeish will surprise a few anyway, so I'm not too bothered.

We need NZogbia, badly, but all our deals are going to take time now because of two reasons;

1) incoming players questioning the ambition of the club

2) £36m burning a hole in our pockets and the whole world knowing.

Big summer for Lerner. Spent the Milner money on Bent and Makoun, effectively leaving us without spending any cash in the last two windows, after player sales. Hopefully we spend more than the £40m we have received in sales, we really need to unless we are just accepting mediocrity.

Moyes wouldn't leave EFC unless an agreement was reached between the two clubs End Of. He's loyal. DM was RL's No 1 choice

since the day MON walked out. However we respect matters when a club says NO! Unlike other clubs who continue their pursuit!

Everton whoever their manager is need players and since one or two have left you NEED N'Zogbia whoever the manager is!!!

Ain't signed a single players in two years.

Not sure if you live on Merseyside but Livepool fans were winding Toffee's up about Moyes being "The People's Prisoner"

AND HE IS!!

Bicks lives & works up in the area & he knows too. I'm now authorised by a company in Warrington as well.

Oh fancy that footballers & staff at clubs need financial advice! I wouldn't happen to know some of these advisers perhaps?!!!

Villa & Everton do their business behind closed doors!

Anyhow I'm not arguing anymore with an Everton fan. If you wish to think otherwise that Moyes didn't want to come to Villa

then fine...... Dream On!!

Ok seems you like to feel important and in the know and that's fine, but what you're saying just doesn't make any sense and smacks of delusion, especially as you're the only one that believes it.

Haven't heard "the peoples prisoner" or whatever once, and I've got family and friends who are Reds living in Liverpool. Strange eh??

This discussion has gone off topic anyway so just enjoy N'Zogbia, always liked Villa, proper club.

N'Zogbia.. I hope this is wrapped up soon. He'd be an excellent signing.

I don't get the negativity towards Whelan.. when we asked to speak to Martinez he was very positive about the way we did business and said we'd done everything discretely and properly. He's probably saying these things to keep Wigan fans happy because by all accounts they didn't react too well when he came out and said they 'need to sell N'Zogbia' and that there was no chance of keeping him.

N'Zogbia.. I hope this is wrapped up soon. He'd be an excellent signing. I don't get the negativity towards Whelan.. when we asked to speak to Martinez he was very positive about the way we did business and said we'd done everything discretely and properly. He's probably saying these things to keep Wigan fans happy because by all accounts they didn't react too well when he came out and said they 'need to sell N'Zogbia' and that there was no chance of keeping him.

Not at a reputed pay demand of £90k per week - the obscene money these people are on is what is driving me away from the game I love.

The old "its a short career" nonsense doesn`t apply anymore.

Subject: N'Zogbia, Charles - winger - potential transfer target for Aston Villa Football Club.

Let's keep it on that shall we; not on the value of twitter, the complex mind of David Moyes or our Danny Dyer impressions.

Thank you.

Hes a good player but he wouldnt be an "excellent signing"

to go from Ashley Young , Downing , Albrighton to just N'Zogbia and Albrighton is clearly a regression .

Theres plenty to do this window and cannot understand why he wasnt signed the sec Ash was flogged

Altho im sure we can all work that one out...

Pay the £10m Wigan want, sign him up and move on. The club has a massive rebuilding job on its hands.

Why though? they accepted £9mil from sha in January, his contract is now shorter and he did very little in those six months to justify a hike in transfer fee's

Wigan are taking the piss, move on

Pay the £10m Wigan want, sign him up and move on. The club has a massive rebuilding job on its hands.

Why though? they accepted £9mil from sha in January, his contract is now shorter and he did very little in those six months to justify a hike in transfer fee's

To who?

If he's the managers top target for the position then we need to try and negotiate. Which I'm sure we are.

Move on to what ?

Theres not many wingers of his Prem experience about and available.