• Collins
    • Sidwell
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Reo-Coker
    • Heskey
    • Bannan (for Sidwell 58)
    • Carew (for Reo-Coker 82)

Something about the performance, the tactics, the result, along with other events and results, seems to sum up a growing feeling I have that we are back to where we were when O'Dreary left, in many more ways than one.

There really was little between the sides, that 5-1 seems like it was from another World.

It's alot to do with the style of football more than anything. If you play Heskey as the lone man there is a good chance there will be a big fat zero next to your team's name.

Still trying to work out how a goalkeeper can come for a ball, miss it completely, punch someone in the face, and get a goal kick for his troubles.

Also "there will be a minimum of 5 minutes of added time" 4mins 40seconds later, the ref blows his whistle, despite a stoppage in injury time as well? Maybe he forgot to put his watch back.

12 points from 10 games, not good, not good at all. A terrible first half display, second a little bit better towards the end. Clark without a doubt MoTM. Sadly a draw today is a fair result. We didn't do enough to warrant a win.

My first reaction is that NRC needs to grow up and not act like a sissy little girl at full time.
What did he do? I'd turned off.

Continued his arguments from the game. Refused to shake Johnsons hand and had to be dragged away by Ashley Young of all people.

I can see where the contretemps came from now, it's not the way a captain should behave.

A shame because he played quite well, for him.

Probably one of the worst games I've ever seen. Absolutely toothless aside from that Young run and shot. Downing showed nothing. Young kept the ball for too long every time. Heskey was quite good. Clark was the only bright spark. Looked very assured. Bannan was exciting when he came on. Carew showed both his jekyl and hyde sides. On one, he headed a lovely pass for Clark and on the other, his control was non existant. I thought he was playing one touch passes, but it was actually him trying to cushion the ball.

Warnock was good. Luke Young was good. Dunne was a bit dodgy at times, but did some good stuff aswell. Collins has to stop hoofing the ball. What Sidwell did was good, but he didn't do anything. Reo Coker was having a bit of an eppy, but otherwise was alright. I'd have liked to have seen Ireland. Houllier did alright. We created some chances, but never looked like putting them away. Lacking hugely in goal confidence.

NRC MOTM for me

Clark was what he was .. a CB playing in CM , did a job but shows everything that is currently wrong with our club

Dunne very sloppy twice near the end and Jerome nearly made him pay .. Would still rather we played Carlos and Collins

and surely we must have finally seen Sidwells last game in a Villa shirt

Clark looked comfortable.

NRC had the bite that we need.

Dunne was better than previous games.

Sidwell, well had a typical Sidwell performance ie. Nothing to report.

Tactics slightly negative until NRC came off for Carew.

No Ireland? Interesting.

Weird game in all.

12 points from 10 games, not good, not good at all. A terrible first half display, second a little bit better towards the end. Clark without a doubt MoTM. Sadly a draw today is a fair result. We didn't do enough to warrant a win.

We are 3 points of 5th

Still trying to work out how a goalkeeper can come for a ball, miss it completely, punch someone in the face, and get a goal kick for his troubles.

Terrible decision. That challenge was akin to the stuff Karl Henry has been dishing out.

Foster wiped Clarke out, with the potential for a terrible head injury and it went unpunished.

Just because he is a goalkeeper, it's okay for him to mistime a challenge. It's bullshit and sets a dangerous precedent.

Probably one of the worst games I've ever seen. Absolutely toothless aside from that Young run and shot. Downing showed nothing. Young kept the ball for too long every time. Heskey was quite good. Clark was the only bright spark. Looked very assured. Bannan was exciting when he came on. Carew showed both his jekyl and hyde sides. On one, he headed a lovely pass for Clark and on the other, his control was non existant. I thought he was playing one touch passes, but it was actually him trying to cushion the ball.

Warnock was good. Luke Young was good. Dunne was a bit dodgy at times, but did some good stuff aswell. Collins has to stop hoofing the ball. What Sidwell did was good, but he didn't do anything. Reo Coker was having a bit of an eppy, but otherwise was alright. I'd have liked to have seen Ireland. Houllier did alright. We created some chances, but never looked like putting them away. Lacking hugely in goal confidence.

pretty much this, it seems like in front of goal confidence level goes from 100% to 0%. That game was crying out for gabby... such a shame his injured.

My first reaction is that NRC needs to grow up and not act like a sissy little girl at full time.
What did he do? I'd turned off.

Continued his arguments from the game. Refused to shake Johnsons hand and had to be dragged away by Ashley Young of all people.

I can see where the contretemps came from now, it's not the way a captain should behave.

A shame because he played quite well, for him.[/quote

He wants to shut up and calm down. I thought he was lucky not to see a red in that match.

To be fair second half, apart 1/2 counter's, we dominated. First half was the other way round.

Friedel - 7 - have to do anything???

L.Young - 7- solid

Dunne - 6 - solid until mistake which lucky to get away with.

Collins - 7 - solid

Warnock - 7.5 - one of his better games.

Reo-Coker - 7 - Battled hard, seem good passing and driving forward but shouldn't of got drawn into silly handbags.

Sidwell - 6 - did okay but that's it.

Clark - 8 - Best player on the day, just very good and composed.

Downing - 6 - Found it hard to get involved but still showed good quality when he had the ball.Not enough though.

Young - 6 - trying too hard, some poor touches and apart from his effort on goal, which was unlucky, was pretty shit.

Heskey - 7 - Didn't do anything of note but not entirely his fault considering he had next to nothing support for large parts of the game, some clever little flicks and touches.

Bannan - 7 - did well when he come on and funny moment when trying to rise above Zigic.

We are 3 points of 5th

and three points above relegation

Â