The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

Are any of you pre-booking your tickets or buying them at the desk? I want to go Star City tomorrow but not sure whether to book them on the Vue site now. Never done it before, not sure if it's worth bothering. They've got one showing every half hour.

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing it yesterday I just walked in and bought at the desk, but bear in mind that was for a 1pm showing at a usually fairly quiet cinema. Had the annoying kids not turned up I'd have had most of the cinema to myself.

For the showing tonight we've booked as a precaution. I don't think you've got anything to lose booking - you want to see the film, if you book you're sure you'll see it when you want (assuming theres tickets left). I think it's unlikely it'll sell out, but you never know.

Just got back. Good movie, fantastic closure. TDK is still the best of the trilogy though, because at its heart it was a crime movie - one can easily, easily see someone like Ledger's Joker appearing in real-life - while the 1st and 3rd films had somewhat fantastical plots (League of Shadows isn't very realistic imo).

Tbh, I was expecting a villain that had nothing to do with the League, that one's been done already which was another reason why this movie doesn't match up to TDK (can't decide between this and BB)

Still a very good film, there was a lot of dialogue (particularly in the first half of the movie) I didn't catch though, it seemed to me that half the time the characters were just whispering to each other! Will definitely give it a watch again, partly because of the aforementioned reason. (I'm not sure if it's because I couldn't hear clearly but I thought Kyle and Blake were both quite superfluous to the story)

Also, damn Miranda/Talia, Blake/Robin, and Wayne surviving!

:D :D :D

The scene where the cop comes out of the drain meeting Gordon-Levitt and they are ambushed but only the no name cop gets shot whilst they drag away Levitt and spend a while lining up to shoot him until Batman turns up, it is just moronic.

Agree, but that was the only part. You speak like it was constantly done throughout the film.

Also, I couldn't understand why the Miranda woman waited so long before pushing her red button. Her plan was to have Batman watching the city blow up from his hole so as soon as he is down there blow it up woman!

IINM, that switch thingie was used to disable the bomb, not detonate it.

Edit: Seems I was wrong, weird.

"So that's what that feels like". :lol:

Really enjoyed it.

Good film but I keep thinking that there's something in the movie I'm missing - the references to Occupy Wall Street (which I know FA about) and 9/11, maybe - that elevates it from mere "good" to "special."

Are any of you pre-booking your tickets or buying them at the desk? I want to go Star City tomorrow but not sure whether to book them on the Vue site now. Never done it before, not sure if it's worth bothering. They've got one showing every half hour.

I booked.

Even if it's not going to sell out or anything, booking online will let you pick what seats you want earlier, plus using the machine to collect tickets is very quick and easy.

Just got out of my second viewing and I enjoyed it a lot more this time. I think that's down to the fact that I was more awake this time, plus I hadn't just watched TDK directly before it. I had also lowered my expectations as I knew what to expect.

It really does round off an excellent trilogy and it is rather sad to see it all come to an end. There are flaws throughout, yet I found the middle a little less sluggish on this second watch. No doubt I will be going to see it a few more times over the coming weeks.

It still doesn't match the high standards or entertainment value of TDK for me, although it comes pretty close. Solid end to it all and Nolan really needs to be let loose on a Bond film now. You can see how much he loves them by the way they influemce his films. Hopefully he will install Hardy as Bond if he ever gets the chance...

Anyone else think wtf is going to happen here when they walked into the stock exchange with the sub-machine guns?

After hearing the news from Denver, I thought if these guys open fire on a crowded stock exchange, our real-life media will have a field day with it.

Thankfully, they goons in the movie didn't go postal.

Just got out of my second viewing and I enjoyed it a lot more this time. I think that's down to the fact that I was more awake this time, plus I hadn't just watched TDK directly before it. I had also lowered my expectations as I knew what to expect.

It really does round off an excellent trilogy and it is rather sad to see it all come to an end. There are flaws throughout, yet I found the middle a little less sluggish on this second watch. No doubt I will be going to see it a few more times over the coming weeks.

It still doesn't match the high standards or entertainment value of TDK for me, although it comes pretty close. Solid end to it all and Nolan really needs to be let loose on a Bond film now. You can see how much he loves them by the way they influemce his films. Hopefully he will install Hardy as Bond if he ever gets the chance...

Agreed on all of this.

I reckon it's the worst of the 3, behind TDK and Begins. Went into the cinema really pumped (but not expecting it to be as good as TDK), but I thought it was generally a bit crap. Didn't buy into many of the characters (especially Bane - frankly comic at times), the Alfred/Bruce stuff was just boring guff, and the plot didn't really make a lick of sense and had many contrivances/holes. Oh well, it was enjoyable enough.

as im not really a fan of comic book movies I do like this Nolan series. I thought it was very good film though maybe they could have cut 15-20 minutes somewhere. thought main cast all delivered especially Hathaway.

I really enjoyed that. I disagree with criticism of Bane. He was a great villain.

You dont know its Tom Hardy, you just see the character which is an entertaining mix of brutality with some pretty funny lines too.

I actually thought this rattled along with a bit more pace in the moddle section than TDK.

Its an excellent clutch of films.

Briggaman I told you its better second time round.

Buts no way near as good as The Dark Knight. I saw it in the double bill Tuesday and was reminded how terrific a film it is. The lagging I saw previously had gone, Ledgers Jack Lemmon indpired Joker is sublime, Gordan gets great screen time. But wow, Eckharts Dent is simply the best performance in the trilogy for me. A white knight to fallen idol. Superb. The rhythm of the film, the pacing, the breathimg of each scene, frankly, shits on TDKR from on high.

I think TDKR is the product of Nolans decision to do no more and thus realise its Waynes film. Fine, no problem and Bale gives his best performance yet. But it really is to the detriment of nigh on every other character. Scenes are cut in too midscene or cut short. Very little is explained, or built up. Its big and brash but we never get to see the true danger from Gothams perspective. It feels they wrote then went 'oh shit, we need talia al guhl." I felt zero connection to her at all.

It is a messy flawed film. Lacking in so many ways yet brilliant in others. It feels like a series of set pieces with bad editing to link these scenes together. Despite being 2hr 45min long, it feels heavily and badly cut. It actually needs Nolans original 4hour cut to allow scenes to breathe, have a beat about them.

Only character I warmed to was Kyle. Hathaway nailed it.

Sounds like I didnt like the film. I did like it. But it could have, should have been oh so so much more.

Â