The Dark Knight Rises - Spoilers marked please!

Chindie

• Replies 622
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the 'climb out of the prison hole' plot line was a bit silly tbh.
Not that I've ever read the comics, but wasn't that intended as a nod to the Lazarus Pits?

Nevertheless, kinda cheesy.

Bane was awesome

Though when batman returned to Gotham from the Pit and got Gordon to light up that symbol, Bane saying "Impossible!" was a bit too comic booky for the Nolan movies I think!

I really liked that moment. It was kinda comic booky but I enjoyed the pull back to it's roots. I think it was to emphasise that he genuinely underestimated The Batman. Another way to give the "mindless thug" many expected some kind of humanity.

See, I preferred Bane to The Joker. The Joker was/is a sociopath, psychopath even, with no care or empathy for anyone but himself and his games. Bane on the other hand was a monster with a heart, a brain. Acting out of love, pain, fear and a sense of duty. "A necessary evil" if you will :winkold:

His voice and his accent are a little... strange and unexpected, but I wouldn't call them comical. I certainly wasn't laughing out loud at any point in the film put it that way. I'm not sure what Bane's accent is supposed to be though. Certainly not Latin American like he is in the comics anyway.

His voice and his accent are a little... strange and unexpected, but I wouldn't call them comical. I certainly wasn't laughing out loud at any point in the film put it that way. I'm not sure what Bane's accent is supposed to be though. Certainly not Latin American like he is in the comics anyway.

Latin American wouldn't have worked imo, I hated Cotillard in this movie partly because of her accent and Latin A would have just been worse.

Bane's accent was fine, mixture of posh and menace which was exactly what Nolan and Hardy wanted for the character I think.

P.S.

tumblr_m7sz9iBXjk1qdx7yeo1_500.jpg

Okay, just saw this today. Pretty entertaining but really really dumb in so many places.

Spoilers below

The stock exchange thing was so stupid I couldn't believe it. Lucius is all like "well we can try to prove fraud but it's going to be tough". So you don't think the Police will be interested in billions of dollars being transfered at the exact moment the stock exchange is being held up? Really? And they got authorisation using fingerprints (lol) so all he'd have to do is prove he wasnt there.

Stupid.

The prison escape was really really dumb. He has a rope around his waste and he's an ingenious superhero but he doesn't think to maybe use it in his escape? And seriously we're just talking about a jump being the difference between an unescapable prison and freedom? And a child made this jump? And no prisoners who have nothing better to do than train all day can make this jump?

And then he's back in Gotham instantaneously despite having no money or anything and Tunisia being a decent flight away. AND he has time to make a massive bat signal on the bridge in this time. Are they serious?

Not to mention that this uberhard prison of darkness that forged Bane seems well lit and Batman faces no real struggle in there. Total letdown and they'd have been better off having him recuperate from the back injury elsewhere and leaving the prison out of the movie entirely.

The Marion Cotillard character could not have been less neccessary. Despite providing a small, meaningless twist to a character nobody cared about, everything she does in the film could have been handled by a different character. Stupid.

That said, it was certainly entertaining, the set pieces were pretty good and the Bane character was done very well (apart from all the backstory wank, which should have been left out entirely a la Ledger's Joker).

Worth seeing for sure, just really poorly scripted. Disappointing end to the trilogy when compared to the first two. Perhaps that was inevitable with how high the bar was set by TDK but it certainly could have been less stupid than it was.

Just on my way to see it for the first time, can't wait really wanted to go last weekend but for one reason or another I couldn't make it. Been getting really pissed off when other people have seen it and are telling me it's great.

Just on my way to see it for the first time, can't wait really wanted to go last weekend but for one reason or another I couldn't make it. Been getting really pissed off when other people have seen it and are telling me it's great.

To be fair though, it doesn't really take much to piss you off does it?

To be honest, i wasnt/not too much into the whole batman/spiderman etc films, but when my mates text me saying they had a spare ticket at the IMAX in town, I went anyway. Im really glad I did, i was really impressed with the film, and now going to have to watch the previous ones.

To be fair though, it doesn't really take much to piss you off does it?

Not really no

Thought the film was great though a few things that niggled at me throughout, I thought bane was quality but Hathaway stole the show

Kind of stopped following the plot when she was on the batbike though

Somehow managed to avoid it: reviews, spoilers, hype for more than a week and saw it tonight. Utterly superb, love how it stayed true to the over the top and sometimes cheesy comic book nature instead of going 100% serious. Also, best sound I have ever experienced in a movie.

Â