Collins - 8

Warnock - 7

Downing - 8

Petrov - 7

Cokes - 7

Ireland - 6

Young - 7.5

Carew - 5

If we'd had a striker we probably would have won.

If we can get some movement going on ahead of Ireland, I think his passes normally find their target. Can't wait to get Gab back.

ANother thing, has Carlos Cuellar been disrespecting the entire French nation in training or something? First of all he gets overlooked for Dunne again, then with Luke Young out he doesn't step in at right back either and we play Beye who quite frankly makes Cuellar seem like Zambrotta, then when Dunne goes off injured Clark comes on. How do you go from being Man of the Match against Wolves to not getting in the team given those circumstances, very odd if you as me.

This, this and this.

Surely something has happened off the park that we don't know about? He practically kept us in the game against Wolves, then gets dropped for a half-fit crock at Spurs and then yesterday is ranked behind Habib Beye and a young, unproven centre-back in Clark? Something is not right here. And it's worrying because Cuellar has really started to come good the last season - he's a class centre-back - but I'd bet money that he won't settle for playing such a bit-part role having played so well previously for very long. Surely you pick the team on form?

Apart from that, no complaints from the game. Reo-Coker is a monster of a player, brilliant.

And did anyone else see that blatent bit of cheating in the first-half when Beye put the ball out for a throw-in by the Holte End and Chelsea went and took a corner? :x Cockney scum, get out of Brum....

Solid performace and had to battle

Ver ygood for 1st 20 mins or so could been 2 up. Downing man of the match for me Ireland did alright coming into the side as for Carew just lazy

Overlall happy with a point

Friedel - 7. Didn't have many saves to make but solid when called upon.

Beye - 6. Bad on the ball, pretty good defensively. Gave away a couple of needless corners.

Collins - 7. Won most things in the air, but Anelka is a lazy sod. Solid.

Clark - 7. Looked very composed and fearless. His inexperience showed at times but looks a great prospect.

Warnock - 8. No idea why people slate him on here, so so consistant and offers good attacking outlet.

NRC - 8. Everywhere in that midfield. Would be a 9 if he'd scored that!

Petrov - 7. Solid as usual. Better in first than second half - as usual.

Downing - 8. Made one brilliant tackle and is much quicker than people think. Great shift.

Young - 7. He can play better, can play worse. Was our biggest threat as per.

Ireland - 6. Good at times, but didn't really make much impact.

Carew - 5. So frustrating when we have it in wide positions and he doesn't get in the box!

Want to re-itterate the Cuellar situation, this annoyed me yesterday! In my opinion he is our best centre-half and to be behind Beye AND Clark is just ridiculous. Don't know the story obviously but Houllier needs to explain this.

And did anyone else see that blatent bit of cheating in the first-half when Beye put the ball out for a throw-in by the Holte End and Chelsea went and took a corner? :x Cockney scum, get out of Brum....

I sit in the lower Doug Ellis and, whilst Beye attempted to kick it out for a throw in, son, it actually was a corner, although I can understand you thinking that from where you sit, sorry, stand!

I sit in the lower Doug Ellis and, whilst Beye attempted to kick it out for a throw in, son, it actually was a corner, although I can understand you thinking that from where you sit, sorry, stand!

Really?

The entire Holte, plus our entire bench + team thought it was a throw.

Great chance to beat Chelsea without Drogba and Lampard. We couldn't do it. Didn't have the players or class to do it. GH has a lot of rebuilding to do. Downing played better though. Probably his best game for us so far, but he needs to keep that form up and prove he was worth the 12m.

it's time Delfonso started to bang in the goals or he's going to end up at Bolton Wanderers or worse Wallsall.

With Agbonlahor and Heskey injured and Carew looking like an old man he's got to step up now and get some goals, or it's never going to happen for him.

We're only going to play with one up front for the foreseeable so this is his chance as Heskey and Gabby will be back soon.

I've seen it all before they Youths hyped up as the next big thing. especially strikers. byfield Vassell the Moores. Its goals we want from strikers.

Delf hardly got the ball, thanks to us continually turning it back over to Chelsea, and the few times he did, he was mostly stuck out wide and too deep. Same problem with Carew, honestly. Why can't our strikers stay in the middle and try to get into the damned box? Our defenders seem more likely to get on crosses than our forwards!

Supporters 0. Our support IS **** shit, absolutely no atmosphere yesterday whatsoever.

There was atmosphere - whenever we looked dangerous. But that wasn't very often yesterday - very pretty, pretty, - but it wasn't getting us anywhere most of the time.

Really?

The entire Holte, plus our entire bench + team thought it was a throw.

Exactly. It was a clear throw-in. It wasn't even close to being a corner, yet they took one.

First - the positives and there are many

I thought we played really really well yesterday. I though twe passed the ball like we haven' done in years. In fact, sometimes I think we overpassed it, but i am not complaining with that.

Ireland - honestly, I have been watching the Villa since 1976 - and properly since 1983. I know he is a bit older than when he joined but the guy reminds me of David Platt !. I watched him yesterday and he was making some unbelievable run. Obviously he should of scored, but the run to get there !. there was another and I shouted "Go on Steve 10 seconds before everyone saw it. The abll went out to Young on the left, Ireland was on the right wing, about 10 yrds in their half. He then ran like a bullet, diagonally into the penalty area and met Young'scross with a flick header. the touch was too faint and Terry cleared it, but the run was superb.

Now, unfortunately, we have Platt - what we need now is a Cowans - cos we ain't got it at the moment !

Downing - worked like trojan. Covered Beye on Cole for 80 mins (the first 10 Cole was given the space of the West Midlands, either Houllier or Downing himself spotted it, and Cole was non-existent after that.

Clark - jesus ! - the kid is good - just keep him this time !!! - England international within two years.

Negatives

two

Carew - not him exactly, but what he represents, which is, not a good forward line. Every top club has a guy that you think "We need to concentrate for every second of this game, coz if we switch off for 10 seconds, he'll put the ball in the net (Torres at VP last year, Rooney at Wembley come to mind). We haven't got one, we know it and more importantly, the opposition know it - this means they can commit people forward knowing they can cover us.

NRC - now don't get me wrong, i love him, but that last minute infuriated me. Not for missing it, that happens. The fact that (and I was right behind it) as soon as he was through, you could see it in his eyes, he had no intention of going for goal, he was looking for a penalty from the second he got clear (and he should have got booked for the ridiculous dive !) - if that was Drogba we'd have gone bananas - I was fuming and still am.

We should have won that convincingly, as Stoke, Spurs and Bolton - we didn't, but long term the signs look good.

Downing great for the opening 20 mins but then disappeared for long periods

Warnock had his best game for yonks .. and was my MOTM

Beye was lucky today as his positioning was often awful but managed to get away with it .. and he did seem to gain in confidence as the game went on

NRC & Petrov stopped Essien and Malouda

Clarke did Ok but shows he has a lot still to learn , allowed Anelka to roll him a few times , but TBF Anelka has done that to defenders who've been playing far longer than Clark

Young seemed to have lost the ability to run and take players on and kept stopping and checking back

we need Gabby fit and quick ...

Guess we have to be happy with a point but arguably the weakest Chelsea team I've seen for years though .

Watched on TV. Just don't want to name a single MOTM. Quite a few did very well. But more importantly, the team consistently came out with noticeably greater confidence, more patience on the ball, more persistence to contest possession in close quarters, spacing was much better so we collected a lot more "2nd balls," and movement off the ball was noticeably improved. All of it was wonderful.

Unfortunately it faded as the match wore on. But new habits take time.

Let the Houllier revolution continue !!

Friedel - 7 Not much to do. Safe hands.

Beye - 7 With "a little" help from Downing. Would be better against lesser teams. Chelsea have the best left side in Premier League. When you play against Malouda and Ashley Cole you won't be playing like Roberto Carlos.

Warnock - 7.5 Good job, defending and going forward.

Collins - 7 As usual.

Dunne - Not much to say. Good thing we have Cuellar and Clark.

Reo-Coker - 7.5 Nigel, why didn't you score? Sooo close! Energy for two CMs.

Petrov - 6 Probably his worst game ever in my eyes. And still did his job.

Downing - 8 Clever players can defend. Playmaker. One or two mistakes. MOTM.

A Young - 7 Not one of his best performances but where would we be without him? Needs a partner.

Ireland - 6 Two mins of excitement, 88 mins of boredom. Needs very different game plan. He is not David Platt.

Carew - 5 Running but sleeping.

Clark 7 - Not quite there yet but looks like the next Hyypia.

Delfouneso 6 - More games, please.

Sidwell 5 - No more games, please.

Chelsea knew Petrov would always go sideways and he played himself into difficulties because of it.

This seems to be the problem, against any team.

Negatives

NRC - now don't get me wrong, i love him, but that last minute infuriated me. Not for missing it, that happens. The fact that (and I was right behind it) as soon as he was through, you could see it in his eyes, he had no intention of going for goal, he was looking for a penalty from the second he got clear (and he should have got booked for the ridiculous dive !) - if that was Drogba we'd have gone bananas - I was fuming and still am.

Bollocks! If there was one thing NRC tried and wanted to do, it was to score the winning goal.

Anyone else read the suns match report? 2 page spread on john terrys back with the final paragraph detailing -

Anelka should have won it for chelsea with a header near the end whilst clark hit a post and re coker shot wide for villa

Thats it, **** disgrace

Â