Match Thread

Condimentalist

Sick of the Dunne loving. He's been awful these past few games, gets dropped through injury then straight back in over our best defender last week. Ridiculous decision IMO and I hope both Dunne and Collins play their hearts out today for that.

You have absolutely no idea whats gone off in training this week tho.

What the hell is this supposed to mean anyway?

Jus saying, Cuellar might have been dire in training all week.

He also more probably weren't.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feel sorry for Cuellar, didn't deserve to be dropped at all and Dunne certainly doesn't deserve to start.

Bit harsh based on Dunne's performances over the last year/s.

I can see why both would be in the team.

If we're picking based on last years performances we pick Carew over Heskey, but we're not. We're picking on recent form and Dunne hasn't been up to standard.

That is a really light weight midfield for Spurs, hope Young can expose it.

Sick of the Dunne loving. He's been awful these past few games, gets dropped through injury then straight back in over our best defender last week. Ridiculous decision IMO and I hope both Dunne and Collins play their hearts out today for that.

You have absolutely no idea whats gone off in training this week tho.

What the hell is this supposed to mean anyway?

Jus saying, Cuellar might have been dire in training all week.

He also more probably weren't.

Totally agree, but Dunne may have adapted to the drills for the upcoming games better. We just dont know. Hes not there thinking Im gona drop Cuellar cos he was absolutely awesome last week is he. If he is, were in trouble

What's with all this ITK bollocks?

Just thought it would be nice to share w the rest. Wouldnt call it bullocks, sheesh!

I think he deserves some kind of explanation due to the fact gh was raving bout his performance in the press. Otherwise no, no explanation is required as hes the gaffer and the players do seem happier w him, how he trains and his style of play.

I would reluctantly agree with the decision. Should it have been a home game against a lesser side, then I think Carlos may have got the nod, but away to spurs we need a tried and tested defensive line up.

Strange decision and one I am against (dropping Cuellar from last week). Hopefully it is proved right although Dunne is hardly a poor player coming in despite not being as good as he was last season.

Had a crackin' dream last night..we're 3-2 down and we end up winning 5-3 in the last 15 minutes with A.Young bagging a hat-trick!! I'ts worth a quid surely?

3-2 would actually be a decent shout....but I do fancy it to go in our favour again.

Heskey. Young 2.

I've had 50p on Villa 3-2 at 40-1, with a couple of quid on Young anytime scorer, 10/3. Hope we win more convincingly than that though :)

Just seen the team, just hope we don't get stuffed through centre of midfield, hopefully the wingers will play tighter.

COME ON VILLA!!!!!!!!!!!

Did te guy on FSC just say that bale was te best left sided player in the world?

I wouldn't say he's that far off the mark.

Are you Glaston, Are you Glaston, are you Glaston in disguise!!!!!! :D

Dropping Carlos is a baffling one to me as well. Will be interested to see how this works out and am also interested to know Houllier's thinking behind it. Drop a player who played brilliantly in the last game for one just returning from injury who isn't a much, much better player?

If Carlos has picked up a knock in training I could understand it but as it stands I find it odd.

This game has the potential to embrace itself into an electrifying spectacle!

An early goal for us will be just the ticket! I heard an interesting stat that man united only won 3 out 10 games in the PL after they had played a CL game - hope this is good news for us!

They could be suffering from a CL endured hangover.

More pro active subs could be the way forward!

Heres to a Heskey Hatrick!