Houllier - released from contract with FFF

Brumerican

A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?  

628 members have voted

1. 1. A you happy with Houllier's Appointment?

• Oui
    • Non
    • Undecided

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7-8th is our par, 12th should see him walk in my opinion. I would let him 10th because these are not his players and we are somewhat in transition.

Yep.

6th or above is excellent.

7th-8th this season would be decent. Especially first season.

10th would be worrying but give him a chance...

12th or below would be completely unacceptable. Should go.

whilst I think GH has got his figures wrong, the criticism is ridiculous. You can easily look at the prem stats at a glance and say 7th to 12th (although 6th to 12th would of course been better, and perhaps not led to all the negative comments on here).

Just to set the record straight though, Aston Villa are the 5th best team in the Premier League (one place behind the 4th placed Liverpool). Here is the total points table for Premier League History, surely this is the best assesment of who's how good:

1 Man Utd 1501

2 Arsenal 1318

3 Chelsea 1276

4 Liverpool 1228

5 Aston Villa 1009

6 Tottenham 959

7 Everton 925

8 Newcastle 910

9 Blackburn 899

10 West Ham 731

If you take all history (from the start of the football league) I expect you'll find us in about 4th place.

If you take more recent history (last 3 years lets say) we are in 6th place. Allround WE ARE THE 5th BEST TEAM IN ENGLAND. Actually we're the best team in England, but in terms of results we're 5th:)

whilst I think GH has got his figures wrong, the criticism is ridiculous. You can easily look at the prem stats at a glance and say 7th to 12th (although 6th to 12th would of course been better, and perhaps not led to all the negative comments on here).

Just to set the record straight though, Aston Villa are the 5th best team in the Premier League (one place behind the 4th placed Liverpool). Here is the total points table for Premier League History, surely this is the best assesment of who's how good:

1 Man Utd 1501

2 Arsenal 1318

3 Chelsea 1276

4 Liverpool 1228

5 Aston Villa 1009

6 Tottenham 959

7 Everton 925

8 Newcastle 910

9 Blackburn 899

10 West Ham 731

If you take all history (from the start of the football league) I expect you'll find us in about 4th place.

If you take more recent history (last 3 years lets say) we are in 6th place. Allround WE ARE THE 5th BEST TEAM IN ENGLAND. Actually we're the best team in England, but in terms of results we're 5th:)

That goes on league games played, it doesn't go on what matters and that's league placings?

1 Man Utd 1501

2 Arsenal 1318

3 Chelsea 1276

4 Liverpool 1228

5 Aston Villa 1009

6 Tottenham 959

7 Everton 925

8 Newcastle 910

9 Blackburn 899

10 West Ham 731

That goes on league games played, it doesn't go on what matters and that's league placings?

You would get a the same result. We had a 2nd place a 4th place and many 5th and 6th placing in the late 90s early 00s, and finished 6th 4 times in the last 7 years. We are pretty consistent.

1 Man Utd 1501

2 Arsenal 1318

3 Chelsea 1276

4 Liverpool 1228

5 Aston Villa 1009

6 Tottenham 959

7 Everton 925

8 Newcastle 910

9 Blackburn 899

10 West Ham 731

You would get a the same result. We had a 2nd place a 4th place and many 5th and 6th placing in the late 90s early 00s, and finished 6th 4 times in the last 7 years. We are pretty consistent.

But Houllier specifically mentions "the Premier League"..

1 Man Utd 1501

2 Arsenal 1318

3 Chelsea 1276

4 Liverpool 1228

5 Aston Villa 1009

6 Tottenham 959

7 Everton 925

8 Newcastle 910

9 Blackburn 899

10 West Ham 731

No, our average finishing position in the league since the premiership began is 8-9th (8.44 to be exact)

also now we can shout to oppitsion fans "hou are you, hou are you!"

Boy, I can't wait for that one Dem ;):)

That makes me think of The Who tune "who are you?".

It would be great if all at Villa Park sung "Houl-li-er. Hou Hou, Hou Hou"!

Wrong thread I know but it would be great to hear that nevertheless :D

Â