Stephen Ireland

Richard

Moving to QPR in itself is'nt an attractive option whatsoever to Ireland.

Moving to QPR+Mark Hughes probably would be.

Personally, I feel his run of true form might have come a tad late for a lot of people. The sad thing is he IS that good, we've seen flashes of it recently and there is a glaringly obvious connection there with the Zog (who incidentally may continue to struggle if SI was to depart). But fans are pretty unforgiving at best of times and you get the impression not many would be too sad to see him go.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ireland strikes me that he will not be consistent in this period of half decent form. I fully expect him to slide back to direness soon.

So for me while his stock is as high as it has been in the last 2 years and we have some chance of recouping at least half of his value when we bought him I would flog him to QPR if they are indeed interested in him

What a surprising comment, I would never have had you down as being negative.

I also remember you chastising me for saying he was an appalling signing at the time of his purchase and now that he's finally showing signs of recovery you want rid as he will soon be shit again......your pessimism and hypocrisy know no bounds mate, they really don't.

I'd be sad to see Ireland go

a few good performances yeah however if we get a bid in from QPR we should sell imo.

errrrrrrr.......why??? :?

The most natural & technically gifted footballer in the squad, who has the potential to be our best player by a country mile and who is just starting to find his form, and you (and others) think we should move him on?

Brilliant idea!

He had done nothing for a while, let's not make out that because he is starting to perform now we can forgive him for the past.. not to mention he is one of our higher £££££..

If a bid doesn't come in great he can perhaps continue the form.. however if a bid comes in I do hope we consider letting him go and getting someone more consistent in (and cheaper - though there is a problem with that; I don't trust McLeish to spend £££ wisely)

He had done nothing for a while, let's not make out that because he is starting to perform now we can forgive him for the past.. not to mention he is one of our higher £££££..

If a bid doesn't come in great he can perhaps continue the form.. however if a bid comes in I do hope we consider letting him go and getting someone more consistent in (and cheaper - though there is a problem with that; I don't trust McLeish to spend £££ wisely)

He was injured and on loan at Newcastle pretty much all of last season, and when he's been fit he's played this season.

I cant get my head round the logic that we should entertain offers for potentially out best player?!?!

It would be very silly to consider selling Ireland now, he's really enjoying his football at the moment and playing well too! Yes he has a big contract but that doesn't mean we should sell him!

Mmmm they want him on the cheap, hes come on form just in time really otherwise i reckon this would have been a loan deal or even a cheap sale, ie £1m to 2m.

Hes been our best player over the last 3 games.....im not yet convinced hes got the staying power or mentality to be our star player though and he must be top 1 or 2 in wages.

Would I sell? Anything over £8m would be hard to turn down, it would also be a risk for QPR as well.......

We keep selling our better players we will keep heading down. Selling Milner, Ash and Downing over the last 18 months, alongside two extremely poor managerial choices has seen us slip from being an established top 6 Premiership club to one now seen as mid table fodder at best.

Ireland is finally looking like the player we thought we may be getting back in August 2010. Unless a silly offer comes in which would be 10 mill + I wouldn't consider selling especially given its highly unlikely anything like that amount would be reinvested and as with Jimmy, Ash and Downing we'd either not replace him or replace him with an inferior player.

Just imagine if we had done a Tottenham and kept hold of Milner, Ash, Downing, AND added to our squad, one can only dream...

They charge the best part of £50 a ticket and on average a good £15 per person more than we do.

That's about £10m based on 35k average attendance. Or roughly paying your starting XI an extra £20k a week each.