Stephen Ireland

Richard

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has had limited opportunities for us and whilst he didn't perform to the level he is capable in the games he did play he was not alone as during the first 5 or so months of Houllier arriving 90% of the players were playing nowhere near to their capabilities. He along with a few others was made a scape coat.

Hopefully Eck can get the best out of him. If he can we will have a very good player on our hands.

him, downing and zogs providing the ammunition with possibly parker and delph behind would be a good midefield set up i reckon

Don't know who's going to do the tackling in that midfield??

Have you never saw Parker play? Or Delph for that matter??

him, downing and zogs providing the ammunition with possibly parker and delph behind would be a good midefield set up i reckon

I've seen Delph's tackling and it will get him sent off on a regular basis. And I don't think we'll sign Parker.

Want to know if Scott Parker can tackle??? Just ask

or Joe Cole......

DelboyVilla wrote:

Quote:

Yes Delph has the timing of Scholes in tackling and Parker is a little too slow to be the only tackling midfielder IMO??

And stop all this have you ever seen a Villa player on the pitch mularkey! It's silly and somthing I would expect off Notting??

And stop all this have you ever seen a Villa player on the pitch mularkey!

Bit tetchy this morning arent we??

All i asked was if you had seen Delph play, and even that was tongue in cheek. Saying 'all this' is a bit strong, ive only asked you once.

Hows about stop reading every post as a personal attack against you and try to be a bit more constructive with your responses?? Just a thought.

I was chuffed when we got SI in the JM deal, I honestly thought we had pulled a stroke of genius. Obviously didnt quite work out how I expected, so clean slate , full pre season and make us proud Mr Ireland you owe it to yourself.

Last season was so bizarre and surreal I am inclined to view clean slate as just that. Any player still at Villa at the start of the season I will watch with fresh eyes and see how they do. Ireland included, Heskey excepted.

Ireland came to us with a lot of emotional and psychological baggage and a lot of expectation on the back of wanting to prove citeh wrong and having Villa fans expecting some return for losing Milner. This season he still has much to prove but little expectation and I suspect the past year has brought him down a peg or two in terms of thinking he's god's gift to football.

To me, if he works as hard in training as he says he does he will get his chance & hopefully he will take it.

So assuming the rumours are true and Given is announced today, I just wondered what people thought about this potentially having a positive effect on Ireland next season.

I know it sounds a bit strange but then again, Ireland seems a bit strange too, but with Dunne here and (assumingly) more happy now that Houllier and GMac have moved on, and now with Given in (if the rumours are true, I suppose we'll find out in the coming hours) who he may well know quite well from Man City and ROI setup, and also perhaps now he has the number 7 shirt (as he is self-confessed to be superstitious about the number, apparently he wanted to wear 77 for us last season but the PL wouldn't let him), I just wonder if these contributing factors, as well as the painful experience of last season and hopefully McLeish being a bit wiser when dealing with him, will push him on to start performing again this season.

Or perhaps I'm just being optimistic.

@ Ginko - Didn't Ireland (the player) stop playing for Ireland (the international team) because he didnt get on with some other players??

As for who those 'other players' were exactly i dnno..

i thought he stopped playing international football cos he couldnt be arsed?

@ Ginko - Didn't Ireland (the player) stop playing for Ireland (the international team) because he didnt get on with some other players??

Actually that sounds more right...

:lol:

he stopped playing international football because he was being bullied by senior players and didnt feel the need to put up with that shit

he stopped playing international football because he was being bullied by senior players and didnt feel the need to put up with that shit

Do you know who ?

I only seem to rmber he had some rant about players from Dublin being treated better or something