Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

I think we all know there will be rotation within the strike force.

Take Grant Holt for example - People thought Lambert was mad for not playing him week in week out. But it probably worked out better that he didn't start him for every game. He came on sometimes as an impact sub and made a difference! He also wasn't as tired at the end of the season.

Our strike force will be readily rotated.

One of the big differences in the second half yesterday compared to Swansea was the absence of Weimann, Ireland and Holman pressing and harrying high up the pitch and not allowing the opposition time to build from the back. Benteke was lazy, Holman wasn't at it and Westwood sat deep (and was rubbish). Our team really suffered.

• 1 month later...

No idea how he played yesterday as I didnt see the game.

However just putting this out there - he has started every game we have won this season. Bearing in mind those games have been few and far between maybe he deserves a more extended run.

Also think playing 1 up front with two wide atackers may suit us better. Seems to get best out of Gabby and give us more number in midfield where we have been really struggling. Maybe Weimann can be that other wide attacker?

No idea how he played yesterday as I didnt see the game.

However just putting this out there - he has started every game we have won this season. Bearing in mind those games have been few and far between maybe he deserves a more extended run.

Also think playing 1 up front with two wide atackers may suit us better. Seems to get best out of Gabby and give us more number in midfield where we have been really struggling. Maybe Weimann can be that other wide attacker?

I agree with all of this.

Would be quite happy to see a front 3 of Weimann, Benteke and Gabby with Holman playing a more central role behind them. If we can't be particularly good, we may aswell be industrious.

Swansea he had an off the line from 2 yards

Thats true - the player cleared it with his head and knee! That was at North Stand

He also had the narrow saved shot towards the Holte End.

So really he's been very unlucky - he probably could have been on 4/5

Love this lad - will run through brick walls for the team and at times has shown hes also got the talent. A bit raw, but for me deserves a run in the team.

Agreed - had a few of the close shaves gone in, he could be flying right now.

I hope we persevere with him.

Â