Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He was unfortunate in the second half.. I think he second guessed himself given the time on the clock when he got the chance. He knew the team hadn't had many chances and didn't want to waste it. He caught himself in two minds.. Shoot and possibly score, miss and waste a chance, or pull it back and play it to Gabby in a better position. He chose the later and seemed to lose composure when he saw how many defenders were closing in on him. He'll get more composure as he has more games in the Premier League so he'll learn from this.

Let's. It build him up to be way better than he will turn out to be! Let's just see how he gets on in the first team! I like him very much. I always look at altitudes that players seem to have as he has a good one if you believe all you hear! Why couldn't Luke Moore or The Fonz be as dedicated?

Calm down with the Henry and new hero stuff just yet though, it's way too early!

im worried as im sure he will get dropped fro Old Trafford fro Emile

I don't think so. When he scored against Fulham he started the next game. I believe he will start against United. He is the only one who looks like he might score a goal at the moment in our team.

If McLeish dropped Weimann now I think he would get lynched and that would just be the players.

He can't afford to drop him, without Weimann we'd have drawn to Fulham and lost yesterday and then who knows what would happen.

When you think about it Weimann has probably saved us but sadly also kept McLeish in the job.

Absolutely wonderful strike. Gabby should be dropped ahead of him now, Weimann is showing he can score shit goals and sublime goals.

Weimann and Bent to start up front next season.. Weimann is the missing link. Gabby I don't know where he's gonna go, may have to find a different club unless he trains hard in pre-season to be a permanent winger.

His attitude along with Lichaj and Herd are what making them stand out, far better application than the 'seniors' who kept them out the side for most the season.

I totally agree!

His attitude along with Lichaj and Herd are what making them stand out, far better application than the 'seniors' who kept them out the side for most the season.

Totally agree. I really hope these guys along with Clarke, Bannan, Albrighton, Gardner etc. really grab hold of this team over the summer and make it their own. That would be a team the club could really be proud of. Would love to see one of the academy graduates be made captain next season.

Gary Speed appointing Aaron Ramsey as Wales captain turned out to be a great decision. Maybe Clarke or Herd?

Herd as captain for me.. The guy has guts and a fighting spirit. I have seen big bulky super manly defenders turn into a flinching mess after getting hit in the head. Herd got smashed in the head 3 times yesterday and not once apart from the last when Huth knocked him out did he flinch or back out of a challenge. He then comes on Twitter after the game and says he's just fine, the guy is tough and a fighter and we need that in a captain.

Herd as captain for me.. The guy has guts and a fighting spirit. I have seen big bulky super manly defenders turn into a flinching mess after getting hit in the head. Herd got smashed in the head 3 times yesterday and not once apart from the last when Huth knocked him out did he flinch or back out of a challenge. He then comes on Twitter after the game and says he's just fine, the guy is tough and a fighter and we need that in a captain.

I agree,

For me captains don't have to be the greatest of footballers, just need to embody the spirit in the team, Herd certainly does that. This spirit has only emerged with the younger players though.

Not so much from Bannan or Albrighton. Albrighton is mentally weak and very meek. Bannan far too arrogant and lazy. One believes he's made it and the other keeps worrying about everything. Concerning.

Clark, Herd, Weimann, agree.

Weimann and Bent to start up front next season.. Weimann is the missing link. Gabby I don't know where he's gonna go, may have to find a different club unless he trains hard in pre-season to be a permanent winger.

Andi Weimann is many things but he is NOT the "missing link". That honour surely belongs to either Carlos Tevez or Gareth Bale!! :winkold:

Not sure he is the man for the armband right now but he is certainly one for the near future. His attitude is everything I want to see in a footballer when I pay my money.

Also agree with all the plaudits for Weimann and Lichaj. These guys have worked their socks off since been given a chance and I would much rather watch their efforts than that of our overpaid, over-hyped, senior pros.

It was reminiscent of what Thierry henry use to do for the Arsenal... We have got a special player on our hands here. Please don't sell him as soon as he becomes big.

It was a very good goal in amongst a decent/average performance, please can we try to not get carried away with this one as from what I've seen he's got as much chance of emulating Thierry Henry as Lee Hendrie has.

Wiemann and Bent to start up front next season??? not a chance for 2 reasons.

1. There is no way in the world McLeish will ever move away from 1 up front.

2. I doubt Bent will be here next season

With you last point I think Gabby will go to Sunderland, he will never ever be a winger

Â