Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

We need to stop the 'yeah but' and the 'what if' stuff and just play the man from the start and see how he does.

Isn't that what I was arguing?

I'm saying play him. You're saying it's too risky when we need the points.

We need to stop the 'yeah but' and the 'what if' stuff and just play the man from the start and see how he does.

Isn't that what I was arguing?

I'm saying play him. You're saying it's too risky when we need the points.

I actually wasn't. I was arguing that there is no game where it wouldn't be a risk so I'd have no problem starting him tomorrow regardless of the opposition.

I find it interesting that before signing his new contract he was bursting a gut and playing exceptionally well and now that he has got his new contract, his form has dipped considerably.

Sometimes security takes the edge of hunger.

Weimann's going through a bad patch of form to be sure, but it ain't from lack of trying. I don't think we have a single player who works harder than he does. This isn't the problem. I'd say lack of confidence more than anything, he's rushing his shots when he should be taking a little more time and/or looking for the pass.

I find it interesting that before signing his new contract he was bursting a gut and playing exceptionally well and now that he has got his new contract, his form has dipped considerably.

Weimann's going through a bad patch of form to be sure, but it ain't from lack of trying. I don't think we have a single player who works harder than he does. This isn't the problem. I'd say lack of confidence more than anything, he's rushing his shots when he should be taking a little more time and/or looking for the pass.

I'd agree. Andi is definitely a player whose form is based off his confidence, once he bangs in 1 or 2, he will kick it up to where most expect him to be. What also has to be considered is that both Andi and Gabby both have been struggling a bit the past couple of weeks form wise and I think alot of that comes down to Benteke being out of the side. Benteke, Gabby, and Andi have excellent chemistry up top and it will take time before Kozak has that same rapport with the other strikers. So I think in the next few matches we will hopefully see a resurgance of our strikers with Benteke fit again. 

Edited by LockStockVilla

I'd agree. Andi is definitely a player whose form is based off his confidence, once he bangs in 1 or 2, he will kick it up to where most expect him to be. What also has to be considered is that both Andi and Gabby both have been struggling a bit the past couple of weeks form wise and I think alot of that comes down to Benteke being out of the side. Benteke, Gabby, and Andi have excellent chemistry up top and it will take time before Kozak has that same rapport with the other strikers. So I think in the next few matches we will hopefully see a resurgance of our strikers with Benteke fit again. 

Yes that's very much the case. There was very little chemistry with Kozak. Hopefully Andi will return to form tomorrow with a couple of goals. 

Clearly needs to be dropped. He's put so many shots beyond the 20th row, it's criminal. Has pace and commitment, but his guile is lacking. He's looking more and more like Gabby, really.

Rubbish player. No composure. Cant pass, no pace, cant shoot. Offers nothing.

Did he create our best chance of the second half by making a great run and then playing the right ball??  Is that offering nothing??

Another Andi fan here but he really needs to be dropped, his composure is awful and he's snatching at everything, how nobody has been given a chance over him is beyond me.

As a striker, he needs to be able to put the ball in the net.

Edited by samjp26

Another Andi fan here but he really needs to be dropped, his composure is awful and he's snatching at everything, how nobody has been given a chance over him is beyond me.

As a striker, he needs to be able to put the ball in the net.

I just wish we had a few "ready now" players in the squad - some who can come in and make changes, who are not rough edged gems.

If this was the case Weimann could be rested.

He's playing on the wing

I mean that is MON tactics from Lambert

He's a got a winger at right back who could take Weimanns place and a right back who has had the kick up the arse he needs sat on the bench

Lowton and Bacuna down the right for next game

Fat chance

• Like 1

Â