Andreas Weimann

Adam2003

He needs to be dropped..totally out of form.

For who? Are there any better alternatives.

We won't know while they aren't being given a chance.

Personally I would give Tonev a go instead of Weimann, all of the players expect Clark (probably the worst) last season who were handed new improved contracts have been poor including Andi; Tonev was making some good runs when he came on against Spurs, just needs to stop shooting ;)

• Like 1

Personally I would give Tonev a go instead of Weimann, all of the players expect Clark (probably the worst) last season who were handed new improved contracts have been poor including Andi; Tonev was making some good runs when he came on against Spurs, just needs to stop shooting ;)

So did Weimann all game and this idea he's not performing because of his new contract is a falicy because nobody tries harder than him.

Edited by PaulC

Bloody hell his shooting was shocking v Spuds.

Really bad, his technique getting shown up throughout the game, needs to sort it.

Been 8 or 9 games this season now, and he's only been good in about 2, one being Rotherham.

Just wonder how much he's enjoying his new contract?

Work still to do Andi.

as far as options, i think there are a number of choices....

lowton back in and push bacuna up the field....

tonev to play either on that side or switch gabby over....

marc, a more natural winger, to play...

the thing is, i think he is carrying the air of someone who desperately wants to make things better but doesn't know how... in that situation, particularly as a relatively young guy, i think that it is beneficial to take him out of the firing line for a couple of games, let him come on after an hour, fired up and wreak havoc...

big fan of andi, but he looks a bit lost to me for now.... the quicker we can get him back as a genuine goal threat the better...

So did Weimann all game and this idea he's not performing because of his new contract is a falicy because nobody tries harder than him.

Hasn't done anything expect an assist and goal (couldn't miss could he) against City and an assist against Arsenal, just not good enough for the first 7 games of the season.

Edited by Avflife

He is not a winger. He is a instinctive player who doesn't do well with lots of time on ball. Should be left out of starting 11 for a few games. Try him upfront in a 2 with helenius or kozak in cup games or any game we are winning by 2 goals bring him on with 15 min to go to play up top with benteke

I find it interesting that before signing his new contract he was bursting a gut and playing exceptionally well and now that he has got his new contract, his form has dipped considerably.

Sometimes security takes the edge of hunger.

I find it interesting that before signing his new contract he was bursting a gut and playing exceptionally well and now that he has got his new contract, his form has dipped considerably.

Lambert's fault for giving him a new contract! ;)

Hasn't done anything expect an assist and goal (couldn't miss could he) against City and an assist against Arsenal, just not good enough for the first 7 games of the season.

Think he deserves a little more credit for nipping it past Hart.

Lambert's fault for giving him a new contract! ;)

ha-ha-another-white-blonde.gif

Nice one.  :D

and I'm sick of hearing about this contract taking the edge off his play. It hasn't he's just going through a lean patch which happens to strikers. Lambert will stick with him and you can guarantee he will be in the starting 11 tomorrow no matter what many of the posters on here want.

I just don't think he is a wide player and never has been, it's to his credit that he had such a strong breakthrough year last season playing out of position. I just don't think him playing on the right was ever going to be a long-term solution and it is common for young players to find it hard to replicate success in their second season anyway. I would like us to go with Lowton and Bacuna on the right and play Andi or Helenius off Benteke for the Everton game and go for an old fashioned 4-4-2. I think we would create more than we have in most home games under Lambert playing that way.

I'd go with the thinking that he should be dropped for a game and Tonev brought in. On one hand a game on the bench might remind him he's not an automatic choice (something he'd be forgiven for thinking at the moment) and it might give him an extra 10 percent when he comes back. Similarly, Tonev getting a start might see it as his big opportunity to impress. It can't be easy to acclimatise while getting a few minutes here and there. So I'd say it's a win-win and it'd be good management on both counts.

Â